finally got my 6 ft dish setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey guys I've finally got it put together after a week of trying. I didn't think id ever get it. Now I'm almost ready for the 2nd step.I need help with my angles and elevation settings.I'm posting some pics so maybe you guys can double check me. This is my first ever satellite install so I'm confused. I have my inclimeter I bought I just don't know where to get my settings.what is zenith and azimith.I'm gonna get cracking on it again in the morning.also I have the wsi 6 foot special if it helps.please help me get it going guys.my zip is 27976

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110304_204108.png
    ForumRunner_20110304_204108.png
    409.9 KB · Views: 417
  • ForumRunner_20110304_204135.png
    ForumRunner_20110304_204135.png
    273.8 KB · Views: 375
  • ForumRunner_20110304_204157.png
    ForumRunner_20110304_204157.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 377
  • ForumRunner_20110304_204311.png
    ForumRunner_20110304_204311.png
    404.9 KB · Views: 388
  • ForumRunner_20110304_204338.png
    ForumRunner_20110304_204338.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 348
Looks like you are good to start aiming. Make sure to take your TV & receiver out to the dish. The azimuth angle is measured clockwise from north. The Zenith angle is measured verticle and elevation is measured up from horizon. In simple terms, The azimuth is left to right or east to west and the elevaltion is up from the ground. So the azimuth would be adjusted by turning the dish on the pole and of course the elevation is adjusted by the threaded rod. Find a satellite with the dish looking due south and peak the elevation then swing it west and turn it on the pole til you find a satellite. Keep going up to adjust elevation and down(west) to adjust azimuth. When you can track the satellites on the arc by just swinging the dish east and west, you have it.

Ok so azimuth is the actual turning of the mount on my pole.how do I get my declination angle set.so first I turn the azimuth to I get to my tru south I can use my inclination meter to set my elevation but where do I need to set it I'm lost on it but I'm learning a little bit as time goes on.I do have the dishpointer android appear.how accurate is that

Ok so azimuth is the actual turning of the mount on my pole.how do I get my declination angle set.so first I turn the azimuth to I get to my tru south I can use my inclination meter to set my elevation but where do I need to set it I'm lost on it but I'm learning a little bit as time goes on.I do have the dishpointer android appear.how accurate is that
You should be able to use one of the calculators to find the elevation for your area. The elevation for all of the satellites will be the same. And yes the turning of the dish on the pole is the azimuth adjustment. My dish has the declination built into the hub so mine is not adjustable however it is 4 degrees. That adjustment is not a big deal.

I just don't know how to set the declination if I wanted to tune it.

Again the declination is no huge deal.
oOh Contrair, the declination is a big deal. without it being correct, tracking the whole arc, accurately, is next to impossible. Declination is "built in" and never adjusted during tune up, unless measured angles are inaccurate*. Go here, Footprints by Dish Size - Latitude Declination Chart - C/Ku-Band Satellite Listing find your latitude on the second chart. use the picture as a reference and set your declination equal to the "declination offset" on that chart. then your polar mount to your latitude, rotate the mount on the pole and find your Zenith sat, tweak your polar elevation, and go from there. Final azimuth adjustment is done at a satellite off towards the horizon. Outlined in the BUD Manual. Again, the Declination offset ( or just "declination")is the difference between polar and dish elevation, or the "extreme elevation and your latitude" as shown in the picture. *there's a solution to getting it(declination)"Right On" if declination angle measurement inaccuracies occurs (azimuth adjustment is not the same on an eastern and western satellite).

Attachments

• polar_mount_pic.jpg
    polar_mount_pic.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 367
From what I see from the chart my declination should be 6.7 am I correct on that. Can someone confirm?

You want to use the "Modified Polar Mount" chart

Here is the site I use...
Satellite finder, how to point dish with magnetic north, azimuth and elevation program calculator.

Enter you Location, Long and Lat (36.5, -76.3) and enter -76.3 for the Sat location
You should get a Declination of 5.15 and 37.18 for the Main Axis angle
Then measuring the angle on the back of the Dish, you should have 47.65.
Keep in mind that is it results that count.....
Set the angles the best you can, then adjust only the Azimuth and Elevation first. Do not adjust the Declination until you determine that Sat to the far East and West need the same correction.... the Dish is tracking too high or too low.
It's a little tougher when you do not have a Sat very close to your Location (Longitude).

You can use this site to help aiming......
http://www.dishpointer.com/
Enter your exact location, and select True South for the Satellite

I just seen your post lak7 ill try that rain is gonna soon get me I think.also I don't have my gbox till Monday it was on backorder and its making it hard.I just want to be able to get 105 till then so my x4 channels will work

Openbox s9 and dmx 741u.I have had the nfusion nova out there since lunch in case it started raining real bad.trying to get 105 pointed

You do know that you can't use an FTA receiver to lock 4DTV / HITS signals?
You should manually enter a known hot TP for a given sat, for 105, the is only 1 DVB C Band TP:
3780 H 30000

Where should this be if I'm starting out.say like if I'm trying to get 105 till I get my gbox

Forgot the pic

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110305_151006.png
    ForumRunner_20110305_151006.png
    332.2 KB · Views: 302
  • ForumRunner_20110305_151045.png
    ForumRunner_20110305_151045.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 289
Macgod I didnt mean to confuse you when I said that the declination was not a big deal. It is the one setting that you won't have to peak and tweak like the other two settings. Once you are tracking the arc then you have it. Most dishes don't have the declination adjustment. The one I have is built into the hub at 4 degrees and works perfectly anywhere in the northern hemisphere.

Ok so is that screw and nut my polar angle.so do I set this at my true south.I've been just setting the elevation screw only.hmm do I take 90- my lattitude and that gives me that angle.where do measure that angle cause I can't figure it out.I'm trying lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts