first time set-up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Agreed, just to add try using the Dtv 32+ (Aspen eagle) and set up your ird to round as suggested.....then post your readings....
One thing is clear, if you get 101W you have to get 110W and 119 W now don't worry at all for 110W because it's been used entirely for DirecTV Puerto Rico service since December 15...
Other thing if you get Dishnetwork from 119W you must get Directv 22 thru 32 (there seems to be some spot beams there too).

Rafael, do you think that there is a possibility to receive Directv 119W in Belize ?
I do get Dishnetwork 119W on an 2.4m Prodelin but just a few tps with very low readings.

Rafael, do you think that there is a possibility to receive Directv 119W in Belize ?
I do get Dishnetwork 119W on an 2.4m Prodelin but just a few tps with very low readings.

why don't you give it a shot? The same lnb should work, just probably a slight adjust might give you readings

ok, got another afternoon in; hot and sweaty :)

got a signal for 119W for Directv !
I used the 8 foot dish in use for 119W Dishnetwork; change the LNB from Dishpro to Legacy and got the
following readings (I did not move the dish at all, just changed LNBs):

Directv HD 119 001.jpg

Q: what transponder is GolTV 456 ?
I am very interested in GolTV . . the rest I don't on 119W I probably will not need.

Lygsat does not show it: http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/directvusa119.html

My Alaska/Hawaii Directv Lnb has an input to plug-in 119W. I am currently using it for 99W but could switch it to 103W where 119W has to be fed in.
Would that work ?

Q: in order to double use one 119W LNB (for Dishnetwork 119W and Directv 119W) I would have to go back from Dishpro LNB to Legacy.
Would a Legacy dual LNB work for such a double function to feed Dishnetwork and Directv simultaneously ?

Thanks !

p.s. still have not found the correct diplexer PVDP-2PP.
digital-connections.tv seems to be a scam. I ordered, paid . . .did not get an order confirmation or anything else.
No answer to my email.

Last edited:
I have now placed the Hawaii/Alaska LNB on a separate 1.8m dish to receive 103W.
This LNB has two plug ins: one for 110W and another for 119W.

My dishnetwork setup 110W/119W is Dish Pro Plus.
If I want to double use the 119W lnb for both (Directv and Dishnetwork) I would have to purchase and change my Dishnetwork setup to a Legacy switch and lnbs.

Would a double use/simultaneous use of one lnb 119W for both systems even work ?

103W Hawaii Alaska Lnb.jpg103W Hawaii Alaska.jpg103W 1.8m Hawaii Alaska.jpg

Are there any other ideas how to place e.g. two lnbs on one dish aiming at the same sat location ?

Thanks !

p.s. still have not found the correct diplexer PVDP-2PP.
digital-connections.tv seems to be a scam. I ordered, paid . . .did not get an order confirmation or anything else.
No answer to my email.

Last edited:
ok, got another afternoon in; hot and sweaty :)

Q: in order to double use one 119W LNB (for Dishnetwork 119W and Directv 119W) I would have to go back from Dishpro LNB to Legacy.
Would a Legacy dual LNB work for such a double function to feed Dishnetwork and Directv simultaneously ?.

yes, all you need to do is right after the dual legacy lnbf place a regular legacy 3x4 multiswitch, 2 lines will be dedicated for dishnetwork and the other two with directv......

ok, that's good news, thanks Raf !

Now, why would I need 2 cables per provider ?
I would be using a dual Legacy LNB with 2 outputs, one for Dish and one for Directv.

for Dishnetwork:
There is certainly only one cable line needed from the LNB to feed a Legacy switch for Dishnetwork.

for Directv:
I have already installed the Alaska LNB for Directv 103W. It has just one input for the 119W (plus another one for 110W)

Why would I need to use a 3x4 multi switch ?
Thanks,
Wolfgang

btw. Rafael, did you ever get my PMs via Satellliteguys ?
It seems like they never reached my "outgoing folder"

I can remember, some years ago, I moved the sat dishes into the back. The cable run became quite long, so that I had to upgrade from DP34 switch to DPP44 with power inserter.
Meanwhile I have upgraded to good quality RG11 and i will have to test if the bigger cable will support the long run and Legacy equipment.

yes, all you need to do is right after the dual legacy lnbf place a regular legacy 3x4 multiswitch, 2 lines will be dedicated for dishnetwork and the other two with directv......

ok, got a SW64 switch and it needs two inputs from each Lnb; did not know that before.

* Please define the "regular legacy 3x4 multiswitch" I will need to order.
What I find with my search for the term are all combiners/splitters to combine cable and sat.

Here are the setup instructions for the Alaska/Hawaii LNb I have installed for 103W:
hawaii alaska etc 015.JPG
* How would I go with just adding the 119W ?
One input is marked for 110 and the other for 119W.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I wired the Directv 119W LNB to the 103LNB as shown above in the yellow schematic but just left the 110 LNB off:
Two cables from the dual Legacy LNB to the Hawaii/Alaska LNB input for 110 and 119.
I also tried just one single wire.

No signal arrived at the switch.

Any idea ?
thanks

I wired the Directv 119W LNB to the 103LNB as shown above in the yellow schematic but just left the 110 LNB off:

Two cables from the dual Legacy LNB to the Hawaii/Alaska LNB input for 110 and 119.
I also tried a single wire.

No signal arrived at the switch in any combination.

Any idea ?

thanks

I received the correct switches to combine the two separate LNBs for 99W and 101W.
Works fine with the PVDP-2PP.
Now I am perfectly set up for 99W, 101W and 103W.

Now I am trying to add 119W.

Thanks, wolfgang

I received the correct switches to combine the two separate LNBs for 99W and 101W.
Works fine with the PVDP-2PP.
Now I am perfectly set up for 99W, 101W and 103W.

Now I am trying to add 119W.

Thanks, wolfgang

the combination will be similar to what you have done with 101/99 on the 0 KHz tone section of the switch but now on the 22 KHz tone portion combining 103/119 the question here's that you might loose some channels out of 103 unless all you are receiving are under lower portion or 250 MHz to 750 MHz you can make a test with same Diplexors and see if you are missing some channels from 103

good luck

Thanks for all your help. You are my hero :)

It's mostly rainy now and I can't go out with the receiver to add the 119W but I am eager to add GolTV.

thanks again.

Thanks for all your help. You are my hero :) It's mostly rainy now and I can't go out with the receiver to add the 119W but I am eager to add GolTV. thanks again.
got any pics by chance? I'm curious what this ended up looking like

got any pics by chance? I'm curious what this ended up looking like

119 103 101 99 001.JPG
119W: On a 9 foot dish I changed the LNB from a Dishpro (for 119W Dishnetwork) to a regular Directv lnb for 119W Directv.

119 103 101 99 002.JPG119 103 101 99 003.JPGhawaii alaska etc 003.JPG
103W: a Hawaii/Alaska triple Lnb mounted on a 6 foot dish. Only one feedhorn of the triple lnb --located in the dish's focal point-- gets the signal. That's why the LNB is off center. The 119W is fed in with a PVDP-2PP Power Passing Diplexer. An inline amp is added for 119W before the diplexer.

hawaii alaska etc 015.JPG
Though the Hawaii/Alaska LNB has inputs for 110/119, I could not get it working that way but had to feed the 119W into the 103W cable running to the switch using the diplexers DVDP-2PP.

119 103 101 99 004.JPG119 103 101 99 005.JPG
9 foot dish: 101W in the center/focal point, regular LNB. The triple LNB for the 103 is to the right (in the right pic). The top feedhorn (of the 3 feedhorns) is in use.
The 103 triple lnb (left in the right pic) is currently not in use. For 103W I opted for a separate 6 foot dish (as seen above). It was much easier to fine tune.

119 103 101 99 006.JPG
The red taped cable for 99W is combined with the 101W cable by a PVDP-2PP Diplexer into the switch's 101/99 input.
The blue taped cable comes from the (above shown) 6 foot dish for 103W. It also carries the 119W signal.

btw. I am now running full on 99/101/103.
The signal for 119 is good at any point before and also right at the output of the Slimline 5 switch. However the 119W signal is virtually disappeared at the end of my 100-120 feet cable run to the house (while the signals for 99/101/103 stay at the same level).
In other words:
The long cable runs carry 99/101/103 without any loss from the switch to the house (receiver HR22) but the 119W signal gets lost.
I can watch 119W with a 6 foot cable at/near the Slimline 5 switch but not at the end of the long cable run.

Any idea what to do about the loss of 119W?

Thanks, wolfgang

Last edited:
That's odd, I wouldn't think the 119 would fade that fast if the others are fine. All in all it's very impressive. Great job!

Here are some additional observations I forgot to mention:

* when combining the 119W with the 103W with the PVDP-2PP Diplexer I do loose some transponders on 103(ca).
103(ca) has much lower readings with signals between 39 and 56 while the 103(cb) has signals of 71 to 85.

* If I do not use the 103 at all, but plug the 119W directly into the Slimline5 switch, the 119W signals reaches the receiver at the house nicely. Of course then I I would loose all 103W programing.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)