first time set-up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I switched now to a SWM set-up and things seem to have slightly improved. I do have less error messages about updates, the signal strength is still the same.
Further I have tried a Sonora power amp LA281R but reception got actually worse. With the amp it dropped some 101W tps and also lowered some other signals.
I will have to call Sonora to ask.
I am using the Sonara to overcome a long cable run of 250'+ from the SWM switch to the receiver, which causes a slow down of the receiver.
That cable run does not include the length from the Lnbs to the switch which is up to 50 feet.
ww

without Sonora LA281R: 101W wo amp.JPG

with Sonora LA281R: 101W with LA281R.JPG

Last edited:
hi wolfgang
are you still using this setup in belize?i`m in southern mexico just about 97w longitude 15.6n latitiude .right now i have a 2,7 metre dish that was used by mexicana airlines and i get good signal on 101 for direct tv.i just got one of those kits from cp electronics for the 99 and 103 sats.the problem is the mount for the lnb on the dish is not made for a circular dtv lnb so i will probably have to do some cutting and modifing to use the bracket i ordered.i can probably get another dish or 2 from a friend of mine and was wondering if you think i could pul in a signal on 1,4 metre dish for the 103 or 99.looks like you got it figured out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)