Former Dish Net / New Customers Read This

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am new to this forum. I am considering switching from E* to D*. I am a big soccer fan and D* has GolTV and the Soccer Mix Channels for UEFA. My question is about the differences b/t DVR's. I want to be able to sometimes record 2 different matches at the same time and watch another sporting event live at the same time. Is this possible with getting 1 HD-DVR and 1 HD Receiver only? Which TV I watch this on (I have 2 HD's only in my home) is not that important. Also, since I watch a lot of soccer I've read where Fox Deportes is sometimes not properly intalled with the Sports Pak. What do I need to tell the intstaller to avoid this?

.. the DVR has two tuners so you can record two games at once.. you'd be able to watch a third stream on the TV with the HD Receiver but not on the DVR while it's recording two channels.

Regarding Fox Deportes, I believe that's on the 119 satellite... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Okay, thanks. So it looks like I only need to get 1 HD-DVR and 1 HD Receiver. Does anyone know if getting the 119 Satellite hooked up is a big deal? Or does it require a second dish (which I'd like to avoid)?

Fox Deportes is on 119

There are 2 LNB types that can be used
Slimline 3 which sees 99/101/103
Slimline 5 (which you'll want) sees those 3 + 119 (and 110 but that sat is vacant)

Just got off the phone with Direct. I am/was a dish customer. I signed up for Choice Xtra. Got the HD package. Went with autopay to get the free HD. And after crying to the nice lady at Direct got my hd dvr and hd receiver for free. (Well, not really free. I'm leasing.) But i didn't have to put any money out of my pocket. I get the standard 3 months movie channels.And Sunday ticket. BE CAREFUL with the Sunday ticket. If you forget to cancel it before the next season starts you WILL be charged for a following season. NON refundable after the season starts. I put a reminder on my callendar to alert me.......lol.
A question I have is, when my installer gets here do yall have any tips or pointers to give me to maximize my experience. What I mean is should I ask him any tweaks or special settings he could perform to make it the best it can be. Or are there any more deals when he gets on the phone to activate the service? Or is all of that standard.

did you order mrv? if not do so
internet connection?
hd-dvr and 1 hd reciever free is standard iirc

considering going with direct due to signal issues with dish and not getting any help from their customer service. Direct deal looks great, but have a question regarding whole home dvr. I plan to have 3 tvs and noticed that each needs hd receiver to incorporate whole home dvr so I will get hd for all three. Uverse ads say you can record up to four shows at once. I don't see anything about this with direct and wondered if it is like that or if I can only record based on my receivers in my case 3. Also want to make sure that I can control which receiver records and which one watches so that I can watch on the preferred tv and record on one that is not most convenient to watch.

The way MRV works is you can have a single HD-DVR and the other HD receivers can play the shows recorded on the single HD-DVR. You can only record 2 shows at a time with each HD-DVR. You can have multiple HD-DVRs but the initial cost is high to get them.

The way MRV works is you can have a single HD-DVR and the other HD receivers can play the shows recorded on the single HD-DVR. You can only record 2 shows at a time with each HD-DVR. You can have multiple HD-DVRs but the initial cost is high to get them.

1st hd-dvr is free, second is 99, third (or more) is 199 each

so 1 hd dvr and then hd receivers on two others and I can only record 2 shows? Can I watch different shows on the other tvs. record 2 and watch 2? Awesome Avatar as well UP THE IRONS!!!

Considering switching from dish to direct......will have 3 tvs. am trying to figure out how to arrange the dvr since I want to be able to watch everywhere, but one tv will be in a workout room. I want to be able to watch there while working out, but not forced to watch show 3 there while dvr is recording the other two shows. i am thinking the dvr should go in the workout room, but I am not sure if that makes the most sense. Right now I have the dvr on my main tv and can not watch recordings in the workout room...any suggestions?

Considering switching from dish to direct......will have 3 tvs. am trying to figure out how to arrange the dvr since I want to be able to watch everywhere, but one tv will be in a workout room. I want to be able to watch there while working out, but not forced to watch show 3 there while dvr is recording the other two shows. i am thinking the dvr should go in the workout room, but I am not sure if that makes the most sense. Right now I have the dvr on my main tv and can not watch recordings in the workout room...any suggestions?

with mrv you can watch recordings from the dvr in anyroom
each room will require its own reciver though
and remember you can only record 2 things with the dvr
if you need to record more then 2 you will need 2 dvrs

yeah considering getting another dvr, but nor sure. otherwise will be getting hd receivers for other tvs so that I can watch on all of them once recording begins...just don't want to be stuck watching in the workout room when the hd tv is in the livingroom

Considering switching to Direct too but getting mixed info! We have lots of people in the house and we have a VIP 722K we cant record one show while watching live shows on that tv. We have children so the other tv cant be swiched off cartoons. Dish rep told me we could do that and then said we couldn't. She said I would need another dvr and we could switch one dvr show to the other dvr to keep watching in the other room. Then she said we couldn't. She said the new DVR would cost $119 plus $10 a month and a new 24 moth commitment. She said right away it would be the same with direct; we couldnt record a show and watch something else on the same tv. I thought that was odd being said right away! Can we do that record and watch live tv on the same tv ? We only have one dish reciever to controll two tvs Will they have to run extra cables? right now our cables are up in our attic and they switched the comcast ones out. I can't have extra cables running across the floor with 3yr old running around
Thanks

Considering switching to Direct too but getting mixed info! We have lots of people in the house and we have a VIP 722K we cant record one show while watching live shows on that tv. We have children so the other tv cant be swiched off cartoons. Dish rep told me we could do that and then said we couldn't. She said I would need another dvr and we could switch one dvr show to the other dvr to keep watching in the other room. Then she said we couldn't. She said the new DVR would cost $119 plus $10 a month and a new 24 moth commitment. She said right away it would be the same with direct; we couldnt record a show and watch something else on the same tv. I thought that was odd being said right away! Can we do that record and watch live tv on the same tv ? We only have one dish reciever to controll two tvs Will they have to run extra cables? right now our cables are up in our attic and they switched the comcast ones out. I can't have extra cables running across the floor with 3yr old running around
Thanks
is your 722 using tv2 for the second tv? thats why you cant record 1 and watch one
with directv you would need 2 boxes, 1 dvr and 1 non dvr(or dvr if you choose)
you would be able to record 1 and watch one on the dvr
put the other box on the kids tv, and keep it out of reach(also remote out of reach)

So with the two boxes( one dvr one regular) can I switch rooms to watch what i recorded on the dvr if i needed too like I can with Dish? What about the cables? Will the Direct tv cables hook into the wall like the Dish cables do? Just switched over in the attic? I think we will like Direct better but needed to get more info and not from Dish reps.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)