FORTEC STAR 6FT POLAR MOUNT has anyone experience with multicomstore.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've have a 6' and 8' Fortec dish both from Sadoun. They are probably 5-6 years old and no problems. The 6' is a stationary dish but I have enough spare parts to motorize if needed.
8' is motorized dish in my avatar. It has a 24" Powertech? actuator on it since day one and still working good. Both dishes are going to need paint this year probably.

The Fortec 6ft dish I have has the polar mount with a 24" actuator. I'm using a BSC621 on it. Using a SatHero SH-200 meter I got the best quality with the opening of the feed horn at 27" from the face of the dish.

Reactions: fred555
I don't think anyone will disagree with "Bigger is Better" for a C-band dish. Otherwise I wouldn't still be wanting a 10ft dish myself. The 6ft Fortec dish I have is a decent dish and locks channels on quite a few satellites. Not as many as the 6ft Sadoun dish I've got and certainly not as many as the 8ft Sadoun but still enough to make it worthwhile if you can't find or install anything bigger.

The Fortec 6ft dish I have has the polar mount with a 24" actuator. I'm using a BSC621 on it. Using a SatHero SH-200 meter I got the best quality with the opening of the feed horn at 27" from the face of the dish.

I have set the focal length to 27'' by drilling a new hole about .425'' (center to center) above the old one on the arms:

newhole2.jpg

i still need to make an adapter for the pole i have

i rather make a pole adapter than taking down the whole pole with wires in it

its very close tolerance on it so ill be good

this is just an example
i've still learning my measurements for all of it

and in the mean while i also repainted my chapparal lnb

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 181
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 190
Black will be ok if it will be be installed inside a cover. If the feed will be left exposed to the sun, repaint it white.

Black absorbs heat and white reflects. LNB performance degrades as temperatures rises. The black color will likely increase the possibility of thermal frequency drift, decrease the longevity and performance.

Other than that..... It looks pretty! :)

Its ready to go up. Pole was set a few weeks back before the arctic blast hit. May set it today or tomorrow.
Simon Bolivar 78W is my Southernmost sat. I will start there fixed, then steal the motor and vbox off the Quadstar parts pile and play with the motor.

fs6rs.jpg

Lots of antiseize and grease was used.

Reactions: Jason S and FTA4PA
Good luck getting her up and running! :) (Calling for 4-6" snow here :snow so no dish work except for cleaning the snow off tonight :rolleyes:)

Good luck getting her up and running! :) (Calling for 4-6" snow here :snow so no dish work except for cleaning the snow off tonight :rolleyes:)

The snow is about to start here any minute. I am going to set it on the pole in a few minutes.
Temps are above zero finally, a warm +22F now!
Stay tuned....

Last edited:
Forget what I said earlier about +22F feeling warm. I am so glad I built the dish inside the house. I also preset the F and FD inside. I could not imagine doing it very accurately in this weather. All I had to do is put in the three bolts where the arms connect to the dish.

fs63rs.jpg

Behind me where I was standing to take the picture is a small workshop. I think I can put a TV in the window and tune in the snowstorm. Hopefully today or tomorrow I will post the signal from SB78W. Then maybe the one iBoston found on 89W, hehehe:coco...
Stay tuned....

Conditions have deteriorated. Snow is coming down fast now, dish is covered. Did get a blip of a signal, have a mark on the pole, and have a good starting point for tomorrow.

Conditions have deteriorated. Snow is coming down fast now, dish is covered. Did get a blip of a signal, have a mark on the pole, and have a good starting point for tomorrow.
Sorry to hear that. Glad you got a start, good luck tomorrow! :) (I can't believe I used to like winter/snow when I was a kid:rolleyes:)

Using a $14 meter I found 91w in about 5 minutes by peaking the meter to something then blind scanning. Have to fix a pipe at a rental but will work to my zenith this afternoon I hope.its easier when it's above freezing and not snowing.

Reactions: FTA4PA
My Zenith sat 78W is in the trees and I cant get to it.
So I checked out all C band birds from 87W to 101W manually.

101w has H&I, Movies! and Decades, so I locked it down here.

Did not and probably won't put the motor on this one, I will save it for the 10 footer.
The focal length and FD set inside the house was dead on, I messed with it and ended up back where I set it. Thanks mc6809e for the advice on this. Glad I drilled new holes in the arms inside!
Did have to tweak the skew since I set it to 0, thinking I was going to motorize it.
Next weekend I will so how much further west I can go on the eastern side of my property,
probably 105W.

Here are a few pics:
meter1rs.jpg
COZI - Fantasy Island !

meter2rs.jpg
DOD News

I am under the impression that the Q on a Micro HD only goes up to 75?
I have never seen a Q higher than that on Ku or C.

I get MeTV OTA, but is MeTV and MeTV2 still on 101W?
(Could not get a peep out of that transponder 3973 V 5923).

Reactions: Jason S
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)