Fox Blocks Millions of DISH Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This dispute will never be resolved. At what point will Dish no longer have any viable channels? Seems like we are heading that way.
Only reason they negotiated with Disney, and paid for the accn, was because Disney was holding fx, freeform, and National Geographic hostage. Once the Comcast channels and AT&T/turner channels come up for renewal, dish will cave after a couple harsh words. But it is pretty clear dish is betting on non sports being the future of pay tv. Which is just stupid, because once the streaming service are up and running, the cable/satellite tv market is toast. The only thing these internet base services fail to deliver, is quality live events. Every single one of them lag, crash, and their picture quality suck. So if dish had any brains, this would be the customers to chase after, not tech youth that rarely watch linear tv anymore.

The only thing these internet base services fail to deliver, is quality live events. Every single one of them lag, crash, and their picture quality suck.So if dish had any brains, this would be the customers to chase after, not tech youth that rarely watch linear tv anymore.

No they do not, I no longer have any streaming Live TV service but I have had both Vue and You Tube TV and never had any issues, the picture quality on You Tube TV is one of the best.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Reactions: Gobucks
Maybe it's only available on a business account or you are grandfathered in?

Edit: it's gone up to $19.95 per month.

4.jpg

The time has come and NFL Net is airing some show about the greatest plays of all time instead of the game. I’m not in an affected market and still have my local Fox (thankfully) so I can watch it there. I’m not sure how a Fox pulled this off but pretty scary that they did.
I'm in the same boat as you. I lost my local FOX station because of the Meredith fiasco for a month and a half but finally got it back just before the new shows came on. I did miss the first week of NFL football on FOX.

I'm in the same boat as you. I lost my local FOX station because of the Meredith fiasco for a month and a half but finally got it back just before the new shows came on. I did miss the first week of NFL football on FOX.

Our local FOX affiliate has been off DISH since March 20. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
It does appear the game is not available to anyone on the NFLN even if there is no dispute with the FOX local. I also don't get how FOX can do it.

To further muddy the waters, the game is available to anyone with Amazon Prime, and to anyone with a subscription to the locals on DISH where FOX is not blacked out via that local, and of course to anyone OTA.
I don't see the connection of how FOX can deprive DISH customers via the NFLN of the game to anyone, let alone to someone who's local is not blacked out. If they are not subscribed to their non blacked out local there is no reason they are punished not getting it via the NFLN something btw they are paying for as part of their package.

I now hope DISH does not settle and if there is a court suit there somewhere they go for it and get the locals totally separate from cable channels, and sue over the game being withheld.
The NFL didn't want to ruffle FOX's feathers because of the big contract they signed. It's going to be this way as long as FOX has a Thursday night game scheduled.:oldmad:oldmad

Don't care for NFL sports but the new season brought Prodigal Son - two shows in - I really like and the husband likes to watch the Sunday funnies. I bought a powered antenna, 4k and all ... the damn thing only works only so-so. Picture distorted. Supposed to be rated for 130 miles. The station is about 30 miles south of us, so I don't know what gives.

Don't care for NFL sports but the new season brought Prodigal Son - two shows in - I really like and the husband likes to watch the Sunday funnies. I bought a powered antenna, 4k and all ... the damn thing only works only so-so. Picture distorted. Supposed to be rated for 130 miles. The station is about 30 miles south of us, so I don't know what gives.

I recommend asking here:

Over the Air TV By RabbitEars.Info

Also AVSForum is a good place to ask about your specific location.

Reactions: tanman
I understand both sides of this but at the end of the day, Dish is a television provider and their ultimate reason for existence is to provide television. If they fail to do that then eventually customers will flee to other television providers.

I also understand the need to keep costs down but eventually you have to deliver your product or there won’t be profits to offset your costs. Changing providers is significantly easier today than it used to be and there are way more options available to consumers, especially in the affected markets. This is a dangerous game to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)