Fox/ or Whatever????

I don't watch any of that crap

ddlsmith said:
I guess that is why Fox is so "unpopular" (hint..hint..check the ratings) right? Because most Americans are morons and watch Fox?? And you are so superior and know so much more than the majority of us stupid, uneducated idiots, right??

Maybe your journalistic idol is Dan Rather? Now that's a piece of journalistic integrity!

FNC O'REILLY 2,181,000 [VIEWERS]
FNC HANNITY/COLMES 1,622,000
FNC SHEP SMITH 1,386,000
FNC BRIT HUME 1,318,000
FNC GRETA 1,307,000
CNN LARRY KING 1,004,000
CNN ZAHN 673,000
CNN AARON BROWN 551,000
CNN COOPER 524,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 388,000
CNN DOBBS 379,000
CNNHN NANCY GRACE 366,000
MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 240,000
MNSBC OLBERMANN/GANNON 208,000

lol.gif

There are a lot more better things to do

If I want accurate news I get it from the wall street journal or on bloomberg TV. Everything else is reactionary BS, "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Kentstater72 said:
And we have the time to sit around and talk about how we watch.

HMMMMMMM Pie
It's seems as tho some people have a lot of time ?? don't you agree:
Hmmmmmd Apple Pie:

The fact is news is NOT meant to be a source of entertainment. It should NOT be based on ratings.

I have got to give it to FOX News for transforming a medium. However, I still does not change the fact that News should be objective. The reason FOX has been so successful is because they are able to capture a person and have them sit and watch for hours.

Its is sad the way the American public has changed from wanting real journalism to its insatiable diet for newsertantment shows. From Fox News to Entertainment Tonight to Extra. No one wants just the facts they want sensationalism, crazy graphics and a place to turn that reaffirms their world view.

jeslevine said:
There are a lot more better things to do

If I want accurate news I get it from the wall street journal or on bloomberg TV. Everything else is reactionary BS, "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

And the WSJ is unbiased? I'm sure you don't mean that.

Anyone who has ever had a newspaper article written about themselves knows that there are inevitably problems with all media outlets. I think everyone should be skeptical about what they read. I miss Brill's Content, which spent considerable ink critiquing media bias.

Personally I subscribe to the New York Times (acknowledging that it is equally biased in the opposite direction of the WSJ), but it is the only paper that has such in-depth arts coverage. I also open my eyes/ears to other sources. I like to believe that multiple sources that are not simply based on Press releases or wire reports tend to give me a more nuanced outlook on the world. However, reading a lot of news from around and then flipping to the Fox News Channel is nothing less than a surreal experience.

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but media companies are businesses, and they have found that it is good business to cater to their markets. Unfortunately this has led to different outlets actually aiming their "news" reporting at different swaths of the political spectrum. The target audience for FNC is quite different from NPR, for example. Certain media companies appear to have stronger degrees of editorial control imposed upon them from their ownership than others.

Back to the topic of the thread: would Dolan actually have to sell his stake in Cablevision, or could he use shares as collateral for Voom HD LLC funding from third parties?

CDH.

rtt2 said:
The fact is news is NOT meant to be a source of entertainment. It should NOT be based on ratings.

I have got to give it to FOX News for transforming a medium. However, I still does not change the fact that News should be objective. The reason FOX has been so successful is because they are able to capture a person and have them sit and watch for hours.

Its is sad the way the American public has changed from wanting real journalism to its insatiable diet for newsertantment shows. From Fox News to Entertainment Tonight to Extra. No one wants just the facts they want sensationalism, crazy graphics and a place to turn that reaffirms their world view.

Why are we talking about " Fox New's" , is it that they put out " the Real Facts, or " CBS's " facts, this is a "Voom" forum " not a Fox New's Forum "

rtt2 said:
No one wants just the facts they want [...] a place to turn that reaffirms their world view.

I think this hits the nail on the head.

Back to the subject of the thread!!!

CDH.

I am not talking about their editorials

CDH said:
And the WSJ is unbiased? I'm sure you don't mean that.

Anyone who has ever had a newspaper article written about themselves knows that there are inevitably problems with all media outlets. I think everyone should be skeptical about what they read. I miss Brill's Content, which spent considerable ink critiquing media bias.

Personally I subscribe to the New York Times (acknowledging that it is equally biased in the opposite direction of the WSJ), but it is the only paper that has such in-depth arts coverage. I also open my eyes/ears to other sources. I like to believe that multiple sources that are not simply based on Press releases or wire reports tend to give me a more nuanced outlook on the world. However, reading a lot of news from around and then flipping to the Fox News Channel is nothing less than a surreal experience.

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but media companies are businesses, and they have found that it is good business to cater to their markets. Unfortunately this has led to different outlets actually aiming their "news" reporting at different swaths of the political spectrum. The target audience for FNC is quite different from NPR, for example. Certain media companies appear to have stronger degrees of editorial control imposed upon them from their ownership than others.

Back to the topic of the thread: would Dolan actually have to sell his stake in Cablevision, or could he use shares as collateral for Voom HD LLC funding from third parties?

CDH.

Read there news coverage, it is highly accurate, and personal inflections are kept to a minimum. NOT THEIR EDITORALS, their reporting of the news

GO VOOM!!!!

ddlsmith said:
Gosh you are so right, Al. Thanks for setting me straight. I had no clue. I will never watch Fox News again. Communists! Who'd a thunk it? How stupid could I have been? Thank you so much.

Excuse me, the Oscars are about to start and I don't want to miss seeing Roger get his statue for Fahrenheit....What!!??? He didn't get WHAT??? Must be communists at the Academy too....

story.franken.jpg

Our Hero

LOL, I should have thought that you dcan't even make a distinction between being commie and using commie weaponry - isn't this interesting that right-wing jesusfreaks are often the least educated people?

FYI: I grew up under Commie rule, so you may SU and listen to me if I say something about it. You may be an average silly Fox News-clown, it's your choice but you obviously definitely lack any kind of '6th sense' to detect hidden hate speech, moreover apparently even such open one like Fox News.

Listen and learn, kid. It's not the best way to pass the whole life - half of US and the rest of the world simply laughing on blind right-wing puppets...

FYI: no, I'm not a left-wing either. Now your are screwed because I doesn't fit into your simple, not too difficult world, probably ruled by Fox News. :cool::p:p

rtt2 said:

Exactly.

I have got to give it to FOX News for transforming a medium.

Sorry but it's BS, I think. They did not transform anything, they simply took a sh*t on century-old rules and arrogantly destroyed the once great American journalism, turning it to some kinda circus-race, completely set aside all the oldschool values such as integrity, truthfulness and so on.
They are the most disgusting,uninhibited, uber-arrogant worms of today's nerws market (I deliberately won't use journalism regarding Fox News. They are NOT journalist, they are cheap, disgustiong, despicable one-timers like O'Reilly (together with his tapes) and so on.

However, I still does not change the fact that News should be objective.

That's absolutely not the point. They don't have to be true at all - all they need is to recite zillion times the most ridiculous lie, their slogan 'fair and balanced' to make the perception in the average, underinformed American mind they are actually fair and balanced, that's it.

The reason FOX has been so successful is because they are able to capture a person and have them sit and watch for hours.

Sure, it's the next step - when you made the redneck to believe it's 'news' what he's watching, let the show begin! He will believe he's watching the news of the new century because it's entertaining (yeah on his level, of course) - and there you go: man captured and if he isn't savy enough to crosscheck properly this crap, never will figure out he's been simply lied to in most of the cases.

Problem is most of the Americans doesn't believe in this because he still believes the press is on his side - BS. Big BS.
The American press is owned by couple of corporations and that's it.

Precisley.
I remember how shocked I was (who was working on Wall St during 2001 Sep) watching the overwhelming war hysteria during the buildup against Iraq. Not the fact that we'll go to war - as many others I also did say 'yes' back then, based on simply an outright lie, as my Pres simply straight lied to me then and several times during since (I'll never believe them again, of course). No, I was simply shocked by the fact that anybody who was actually against the war was called unpatriotic. That was the point when my good-ol', commie-trained sensors were activated... we've seen this somewhere already... if you're not with me, you're my enemy... and don't forget McCarthy and his berserk rampant ravage...
Same thing happened to me when I first heard about Bush is hermetically kept away from ANY people opposing him, his lunatic , arrogant jesusfreak ideas.
Too many things, too many similarity - I did decide during January-February if another Bush-like ravaged religious freak or worst, some neocon warmonger somebody from the war criminal Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz-line will win, I'll move my family from here. I simply don't want to raise my kids in such mentality...

kelljc said:
Why are we talking about " Fox New's" , is it that they put out " the Real Facts, or " CBS's " facts, this is a "Voom" forum " not a Fox New's Forum "

Well, true but the subject is very interesting, as somebody brought up viewer numbers as the proof of the Holy Truth and Right. :D

T2k said:
Exactly. Fox News is the same cabaret like New York Post - actually I do know in fact some universities' journalism depts use Fox News regularly as the perfect example how NOT to write - they analyze each one of the distortion, bias, faking, utter lack of integrity.

Fox News is the lowest point of the once great American news journalism - actually FOx is NOT journalism if we take that as a profession.

You are right....FOX News is NOT journalism if we compare it to what journalsim is today. FOX doesn't distort everything toward the liberal viewpoint. Unlike NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Boston Globe.....etc etc.....

FOX succeeds because it presents 2 sides of the story. They clearly state, this is the liberal viewpoint, and this is the conservative viewpoint. Other stations have one viewpoint they put out, with no discussion and they pass it off as news. Sure some of FOX's newsmen are Conservative, and that shows. However, if they openly say "I agree with the conservative viewpoints", I still think it is balance because of all the liberal garbage out their. All of the liberal outlets I metioned before still think they are "middle of the road"....that is a laugh.

Precisley.
I remember how shocked I was (who was working on Wall St during 2001 Sep) watching the overwhelming war hysteria during the buildup against Iraq. Not the fact that we'll go to war - as many others I also did say 'yes' back then, based on simply an outright lie, as my Pres simply straight lied to me then and several times during since (I'll never believe them again, of course). No, I was simply shocked by the fact that anybody who was actually against the war was called unpatriotic. That was the point when my good-ol', commie-trained sensors were activated... we've seen this somewhere already... if you're not with me, you're my enemy... and don't forget McCarthy and his berserk rampant ravage...
Same thing happened to me when I first heard about Bush is hermetically kept away from ANY people opposing him, his lunatic , arrogant jesusfreak ideas.
Too many things, too many similarity - I did decide during January-February if another Bush-like ravaged religious freak or worst, some neocon warmonger somebody from the war criminal Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz-line will win, I'll move my family from here. I simply don't want to raise my kids in such mentality...[/QUOTE]

Whoever said this clearly doesn't know history. If you researched history, you would find it is a FACT that Communists worked in the FDR and Truman administrations, holding high positions. Communist Cables were declassified in 1995 showing commuication between the Soviet Union and all of the poor innocent people you claim McCarthy went after. Yes, it was proven that the Rosenbergs were Soviet Spys. You probably didn't know that because the NY Times never wrote a story to tell people the cables were declassified and they in fact proved liberals wrong. In fact McCarthy didn't go after half of the spys history said he did, he just proved to be a good whipping boy.

Tell me this, if our governement knew that Soviet spys were working in our governement, why is it wrong that we try to expose them? If spys working for terrorist groups were working in our governement in an attempt to sabatoge us one day, wouldn't you hope we stop them?

One more thing, no one ever said if you are against the war you are unpatriotic. Bush saying either you are with us or against us is not saying you are unpatriotic. Plus Bush was telling countries who harbor terroists that if they were not with us, they were against us, not the citizens of the US.

Rumsfielf is a war criminal?...Where is your proof? And finally, did you move?

Wow. I trust there are VOOMer's out there that can spell and have intelligent political debates :D .

mr_snerdly said:
You are right....FOX News is NOT journalism if we compare it to what journalsim is today. FOX doesn't distort everything toward the liberal viewpoint. Unlike NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Boston Globe.....etc etc.....

No, it simply deliberately distorts everything toward this warmonger, instigating ultra-right-wing and right-wing neocon agenda.

FOX succeeds because it presents 2 sides of the story. They clearly state, this is the liberal viewpoint, and this is the conservative viewpoint. Other stations have one viewpoint they put out, with no discussion and they pass it off as news.

Bullsh!t, sorry. this is the perception they made in your mind however the NEVER ever discuss REAL points, they simply cherrypick whatever they find comfortable to discuss - real lies, real disgusting facts about their super-neocon agenda never appear on screen, nor mentioned.

Sure some of FOX's newsmen are Conservative, and that shows. However, if they openly say "I agree with the conservative viewpoints", I still think it is balance because of all the liberal garbage out their.

ROFL - this is your balanced view? :D LOL!!!

I think your own mindset is a perfect example how utterly distorted is most the Americans idea about what is 'balanced' and 'fair'... :D

All of the liberal outlets I metioned before still think they are "middle of the road"....that is a laugh.

Not more than Fox is 'fair' or 'balanced', ROFLMAO! :D

rvsixer said:
Wow. I trust there are VOOMer's out there that can spell and have intelligent political debates :D .

Oops...you are right. I mispelled a few words. I should have ran a spell check. Where am I lacking in intelligence? I only listed the facts.

T2k said:
No, it simply deliberately distorts everything toward this warmonger, instigating ultra-right-wing and right-wing neocon agenda.

Bullsh!t, sorry. this is the perception they made in your mind however the NEVER ever discuss REAL points, they simply cherrypick whatever they find comfortable to discuss - real lies, real disgusting facts about their super-neocon agenda never appear on screen, nor mentioned.

ROFL - this is your balanced view? :D LOL!!!

I think your own mindset is a perfect example how utterly distorted is most the Americans idea about what is 'balanced' and 'fair'... :D

Not more than Fox is 'fair' or 'balanced', ROFLMAO! :D

Have fun stewing in your liberal mind. Again, where are your facts? That is very "open-minded" of you to call Bush a Jesus freak necon. I thought liberals were the sensitive types who never resort to name calling. In the end my point was, if FOX came out and said "we slant everything to the right"....it would only help shift some of the balance of the media in regards to every outlet I mentioned earlier that are over-whelmingly liberal.

FOX has fooled me and they never actually discuss real points? Interesting analogy. What are real points? Bush is Hitler, Rumsfield is a war criminal, Rice is an Uncle Tom, Bush lied to go to war, no oil for blood, Bush bunked with Bin Laden at summer camp?

Funny thing is about the war. All of the major outlets were reporting on one certain occasion that our troops came under "heavy fire from an armored truck". They were saying this to prove that we were going to have a hard time winning the war. Later it was proven by FOX and a handful of other agencies that this heavy fire from an armored truck was actually one pick up truck with a guy in the back shooting a rifle. I ask you what is Bullsh!t in the media.

Did you move?

Look at the facts not emotions. This will be the last I have to say on politics at the Voom board, as it is supposed to be about Voom. I just thought I would have to chime in since the topic turned to the Evil of FOX/Bush.

mr_snerdly said:
T2k said:
Precisley.
Too many things, too many similarity - I did decide during January-February if another Bush-like ravaged religious freak or worst, some neocon warmonger somebody from the war criminal Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz-line will win, I'll move my family from here. I simply don't want to raise my kids in such mentality...

Whoever said this clearly doesn't know history. If you researched history, you would find it is a FACT that Communists worked in the FDR and Truman administrations, holding high positions. Communist Cables were declassified in 1995 showing commuication between the Soviet Union and all of the poor innocent people you claim McCarthy went after. Yes, it was proven that the Rosenbergs were Soviet Spys. You probably didn't know that because the NY Times never wrote a story to tell people the cables were declassified and they in fact proved liberals wrong. In fact McCarthy didn't go after half of the spys history said he did, he just proved to be a good whipping boy.

Tell me this, if our governement knew that Soviet spys were working in our governement, why is it wrong that we try to expose them? If spys working for terrorist groups were working in our governement in an attempt to sabatoge us one day, wouldn't you hope we stop them?

Pal, apparently you are not too sharp on following a given text and its context: McCarthy and his jackals ruined the life of thousands of people without any reason, they introduced something in America which this country was founded against of: fear. Fear of being singled out by those 'prosecutor' worms.
Before you manage to whitewash that berserk jackal McCarthy I suggest you to read how many life have been throwed out the window because they weren't 'exactly in line' with Mc Carthy and his dogs.

One more thing, no one ever said if you are against the war you are unpatriotic.

YES, THEY DO. YES, THEY DID. EVEN IN LIVE BROADCAST.
Don't try to change the past.

Bush saying either you are with us or against us is not saying you are unpatriotic.

LOL... 1. it's the same 2. it wasn't Bush, it was for example MSNBC's ridiculous Scarmongerborough during live war feed
or another guy on Fox (I forget his name) - not to mention the same sounds from most of the warmonger neocon so-called 'publicists'

Plus Bush was telling countries who harbor terroists that if they were not with us, they were against us, not the citizens of the US.

Well, I can't recall that anything happened to Saudi Arabia or Iran...

Rumsfielf is a war criminal?...Where is your proof?

? Excuse me?
All you need to do is read the respective international laws, starting with invading other countries without prior reason, by simply declaring them enemy territory, read up on what's been more or less respected by every Western civilization until now, including Geneva Convention on the rights of captured enemy fighters or the ban on taking civil hostages, especially 'ex terra', the mandatory minimum should be provided by capturers, rules of engadgement in combat and non-combat zones, the full ban on torturing,

And finally, did you move?

I did note you are pretty weak on interpreting what you just read - try it again, please, you may will understand on your own, without help when will I move.

I have no intention of getting sucked into a discussion.

I think T2K is wrong.
No amount of discussion however will change either of your minds.
You both are merely throwing around cliches and mentally brawling.

I wish I had that kind od time to waste.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)