Who Would win the ALCS - Red Sox or Yankees?

It's happened only a few times. This was on MSNBC:

"None of the previous 25 major league teams to fall behind 3-0 even forced a series to seven games. The wild-card Red Sox became only the third of 239 teams in the four major North American sports leagues to overcome a 3-0 deficit in a best-of-seven series and win, joining hockey’s 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs and the 1975 New York Islanders."

Nike just ran the most beautyful commercial, I actually have big tears rolling down my face from it.

It shows two kids and their parents going to a red sox game in 1919 and how the age over the years, and now they get to the present day and the men are now old men its 2004, you hear the crack of a bat and the old man raises his hands. The picture fades out and it says JUST DO IT on the screen.

I think the main reason I am a Red Sox fan is because of my father, and I have a feeling this year he will get his life long dream, to see the Red Sox win the big one!

Thanks NIKE for the great commercial!

If the Astros win the NLCS you guys are going to hate me. I've gotta root for any team from Texas!

Here is to the best comeback in baseball history... :clap :bow

You guys did an excellent job demolishing the Evil Empire and I hope it continues by pummeling our rivals...

Lift the curse and crush those Deadbirds or Asstros!

Congratulations! :)

Boston Red Sox Heading for the World Series after crushing the NY Yankees in the biggest ever game. A historical game which will remain in Yankees history ever. They should change the sign at Yankees stadium to 26 Championships and the only team to lose a 3-0 advantage in a series.

2004 Yankees the Biggest Losers​

Boston wins ah ah ah Boston Wins!!!!!!
:rainbow :bow

Congrats Red Sox Nation.
It was one hell of a series. I must admit it hurts like a kick in the nuts but what are you gonna do. Like they say you can't win them all. Boston did the impossible. I won't go as far as rooting for Boston but if you guys just win it finally so we can get over all of this curse BS it would be good for baseball.

We'll be back, remember we'll never ever go away.

FYI Carlos Beltran is a free agent after this year. I wonder who will try to get him. Hmmmmmm ;)
Enjoy it now, it might be a while before this happens again.....

Yankees going for Beltran is a big mistake, IMHO. Their biggest problem all year was starting pitching. In this series this was more noticeable than ever before.

Kevin Brown ----> A joke of a pitcher.

Javier Vasquez***a complete Joke*** No wonder Minaya said to him goodbye ----> This is a Peter Gammon's no miss list. I love when Peter Gammons goes on ESPN and say basically that pitchers on bad teams will be superstarts. He said the same about Benson.

Feliz Heredia***Another Joke*** Couldn't get a strike if his life depended on him.

Paul Quantril***so much hype and no cigar*** Send him to the dogs.

Mariano Rivera ****going down hill **** not nearly as effective as previous seasons. His time has reached.

Tom Gordon ****Pressure Pressure Pressure**** there are some guys who just don't know how to pitch under pressure.

Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching is what WINS!!!!!

A Consolation price for Yankees fans!!!

yankees.jpg

dnyce said:
Congrats Red Sox Nation.
It was one hell of a series. I must admit it hurts like a kick in the nuts but what are you gonna do. Like they say you can't win them all.
This morning I drove into work with the biggest smile on my face, we finally did it, last nights victory meant more to Red Sox fans then anything else, I don't think even winning the World Series will be as big of a high.

And the best part of what happened last night is it makes for one of the best rivalries in baseball history even better, I am already looking forward to next spring seeing the Sox battle the Bronx Bombers again.

dnyce said:
We will never die! We've been winning World Series's for a hundred years and we will continue for a hundred more. Tonight is just one paragraph in our book of success.

I hope you guys don't get too excited. You didn't fold down 0-3, I applaud that. But now it's time for this to end. Yankees bats have been quiet for 2 games, that won't happen again.
And Wakefield? :D No comment
HMM, I didnt see you post during the game? LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts