Fox v. Cablevision: STAGGERING increases!

FOX believes that if it is successful with Cablevision and Dish, the rest (Direct, FIOS, Comcast, etc.) will fall in line. Since the retransmitters seem unable/unwilling to put up a united front against such extortion the only relief for subscribers may come in the form of ala cart programming. We can dream.

Cablevision no longer has Fox stations in NY and Philly...two very high-profile media markets.

At midnight on October 16, News Corp. pulled the plug on Cablevision customers, blacking out Fox 5 and My9 in more than 3 million NY-area households. Cablevision is calling on News Corp. to immediately put Fox 5 and My9 back on Cablevision and submit to binding arbitration under a neutral third party to reach a fair agreement.

Fang's Bites: BREAKING NEWS: Cablevision Pulls Fox Stations in New York and Philly

how can news corps be ok with losing over 20 million viewers/ad seeing customers? try to sell ads now news corp. you just dug your own grave.

well if they would have agreed to it they still would have a hard time selling ads since they would be having to raise their advertising rates to make up for the 80 million dollar increase.

gonna be some upset philly folks tomorrow. New york got lucky since they are on TBS. just think what would happen if both teams make it to the WS.

im just glad both DISH and CABLEVISION might actually get together on this and fight fox. news corp should of not been able to put a network broadcast in a bundle with nat geo and fox business. Local news/weather is Free to the public for safety, not corp greed. I think its funny they didnt remove fox news from either dish or cablevision. maybe to be able to say most watched news? probably.

New york got lucky since they are on TBS. just think what would happen if both teams make it to the WS.

Maybe MLB has a clause in its contract that allows them to let other outlets transmit the games if the network purchasing the rights cannot or will not supply it to their customers.

I just finnished watching the Giants - Phillies game. Obviously I am not a Cablevision subscriber. I watched it OTA on WOLF channel 56 from Scranton, PA. I noticed DirecTV is a proud sponsor. Shame on them!!

Even though I can still watch the games on WNYW Fox 5 from New York City via Dish Network, I WILL NOT!!

Go to HELL Fox and I hope you never see another exclusive major league contract of any kind ever again! My condolences go out to all the Phillies fans affected by this dumb $h*T!

P.S. I am a Met fan.

What does Directv having to sponcer a game have to do with Fox cable vision dispute.. ?? Nothing, it's allready been established that Fox has for a long time not had controlling share in Directv, Liberty Media is the controlling party of Directv. (see here News Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Directv is certantly able to buy the rights to sponcer the game. (I'm sure there are ad sharing contracts in place) Allthough, I wouldnt count your Chickens before they hatch, If dish doesnt play nice with fox, Come in 15 days, you wont be able to watch anything on WNWY!

I hope Cablevision and Dish tough it out. I hope Fox O&O drops from Dish... Why? Because I think that will get the government involved and this is one of the few times you will ever in your life hear me say something like that.

Get a load of this crap. Glad there isn't anyway they can pull this crap with us.

hulu-screenshot.png

News Corp pulls its Hulu content from Cablevision customers, escalating carriage dispute (update) -- Engadget

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)