Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO AND FRANK SINATRA ENTERPRISES

TO CREATE EXCLUSIVE NEW RADIO CHANNEL

Siriusly Sinatra to feature a show hosted by Nancy Sinatra, rare live concert performances, special archives

Frank to host his own show, The Chairman’s Hour

NEW YORK – February 7, 2007 – SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced a partnership with Frank Sinatra Enterprises to create a new, exclusive radio channel dedicated to the music, time and spirit of Frank Sinatra.

Siriusly Sinatra, the 24-hour, seven-day-a-week, commercial-free channel, will air recordings spanning the entire spectrum of Sinatra’s career, as well as other artists from the big band, swing and traditional pop genres. In addition to featuring regular blocks of Sinatra’s music, Siriusly Sinatra will also feature a weekly show hosted by Nancy Sinatra, rare live concert performances, and special programs of archived material. SIRIUS and the Sinatra family will create The Chairman’s Hour, hosted by Frank himself, based on archival material both spoken word and music.

Siriusly Sinatra, scheduled to launch soon on SIRIUS, will be the only channel available on radio that is produced by the Sinatra family. The channel will be unveiled officially today at SIRIUS’ studios in Rockefeller Center more than twenty years to the date after Sinatra gave New York its signature song (Feb. 7, 1985 "New York, New York" became the official anthem of New York City).

Nancy Sinatra said, “America discovered my father on the radio. Now his earliest audience and his newest audience can hear his music, live performances, and exclusive interviews everywhere in North America. My family’s arrangement with SIRIUS gives us the opportunity to create unique and broad programming never heard before on radio. Siriusly Sinatra brings my dad's voice into the future of audio entertainment.”

"We’ve seen SIRIUS become the programming leader in satellite radio with a name and reputation that represents the best there is in radio content. We want to take advantage of the promise of satellite radio that allows you to create in-depth, focused and exclusive programming, and so we’ve made a SIRIUS choice,” said Ms. Sinatra.

“We look forward to Siriusly Sinatra on SIRIUS. It's a wonderful outlet for people to hear my father's musical legacy and other Sinatra surprises, many of which you have never heard,” said Frank Sinatra Jr.

“As a young child I remember the first time I heard my father's voice on the radio; Dad was driving and said, “That's what I do for a living.” How thrilling to now launch Siriusly Sinatra where I can hear his voice anytime,” said Tina Sinatra.

Scott Greenstein, SIRIUS President, Entertainment and Sports, said, “This is a unique and unparalleled musical collaboration with the Sinatra family that makes SIRIUS the radio home of Frank Sinatra. Frank’s music is a vibrant and living treasure, and with the help of the Sinatra family, SIRIUS will create programming that millions of SIRIUS subscribers will not want to miss.” Greenstein added, “Sinatra was the first to create concept albums and amassed a tremendous body of recorded work that our unique format and partnership with the family allows us to fully explore.”

Frank Sinatra’s career is unmatched in American popular music. A recipient of 13 GRAMMY® awards, Sinatra holds the distinction of singing on the first Billboard No. 1 single, “I’ll Never Smile Again” (1940), which sold 900,000 copies. From his first released single in 1940, as the singer with Tommy Dorsey’s band, to the 1980 release of “Theme From New York, New York,” Frank Sinatra had more than 200 hits on Billboard’s pop singles chart. Reprise, the record company founded by Sinatra, recently released Sinatra: Vegas, the critically-acclaimed and best-selling box set of previously-unreleased, legendary Sinatra Las Vegas performances. Sinatra, a multi-media production, concluded a five-month engagement at the Palladium in London last year, and is scheduled to tour Europe and parts of Asia in the coming year.

To learn more about SIRIUS, please visit www.sirius.com.

# # #

About SIRIUS

SIRIUS, “The Best Radio on Radio,” delivers more than 130 channels of the best programming in all of radio. SIRIUS is the original and only home of 100% commercial free music channels in satellite radio, offering 69 music channels. SIRIUS also delivers 65 channels of sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic, weather and data. SIRIUS is the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, NBA and NHL and broadcasts live play-by-play games of the NFL, NBA and NHL. All SIRIUS programming is available for a monthly subscription fee of only $12.95.

SIRIUS Internet Radio (SIR) is a CD-quality, Internet-only version of the SIRIUS radio service, without the use of a radio, for the monthly subscription fee of $12.95. SIR delivers more than 75 channels of talk, entertainment, sports, and 100% commercial free music.

SIRIUS products for the car, truck, home, RV and boat are available in more than 25,000 retail locations, including Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, RadioShack and at shop.sirius.com.

SIRIUS radios are offered in vehicles from Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeepâ, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln-Mercury, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Nissan, Rolls Royce, Scion, Toyota, Porsche, Volkswagen, and Volvo. Hertz also offers SIRIUS in its rental cars at major locations around the country.

Click on www.sirius.com to listen to SIRIUS live, or to purchase a SIRIUS radio and subscription.

Any statements that express, or involve discussions as to, expectations, beliefs, plans, objectives, assumptions, future events or performance with respect to SIRIUS Satellite Radio Inc. are not historical facts and may be forward-looking and, accordingly, such statements involve estimates, assumptions and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements. Accordingly, any such statements are qualified in their entirety by reference to the factors discussed in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2005 and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for the quarters ended

June 30, 2006 and September 30, 2006 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Among the key factors that have a direct bearing on our operational results are: our dependence upon third parties, including manufacturers of SIRIUS radios, retailers, automakers and programming partners, our competitive position and any events which affect the useful life of our satellites.

P-SIRI

Media Contacts:

Elise Brown

SIRIUS

ebrown@siriusradio.com

Patrick Reilly

SIRIUS

preilly@siriusradio.com

I don't know how popular the XM channel was, but it is just another piece of value-added programming XM let go to Sirius.

The XM channel is still there witha differnt name---High Standards----and there sia thred on it.

I am younger than most Sinatra fans but I do enjoy his music. the remnamed channel has less of him than it did before and i miss that but it still hasa lot of the jazz vocals of that era that I like. I am not sure how many will change because of it but anyone intersted in this type of misic will know what Frank's Place is and won't necessarily know what "High Standards' is. So this helps Sirius.

"The Chairman’s Hour, hosted by Frank himself, based on archival material both spoken word and music."

I cannot wait for this.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts