Free ota antenna email from dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You got the worlds worst CSR. Tuner dongle is needed for any antenna and of course you can DVR.

The only thing she MIGHT have gotten right is that your area might be considered high signal so an inside antenna is expected to be sufficient.

Yeah because technically I am in Philadelphia but the reality is I am on the edge of Bucks County/Phila border, the opposite end of where they broadcast from. On my 3rd floor bedroom where I just have a Roku and indoor Antenna, I can only get a few stations. I tried multiple different antennas too, and this is right next to a window.

This CSR was terrible though. She kept telling me she was sick and could not hear because she was all stuffed up. I kept telling her I would need the USB Tuner regardless but she kept insisting it was only for the outdoor antenna. I know that I could pop on any antenna into the USB Tuner and gain DVR & Guide support. And her "I don't care one way or the other" attitude put the nail in the coffin for me with Dish.

and just like that, ota guide was completely loaded up this morning for an entire week
guess it needed 4 days to load the info
channels look great on the new sony900e

i assume there is a limit to how many channels i can record on ota from the hopper3
is 2 at one time?

Reactions: charlesrshell
and just like that, ota guide was completely loaded up this morning for an entire week
guess it needed 4 days to load the info
channels look great on the new sony900e

i assume there is a limit to how many channels i can record on ota from the hopper3
is 2 at one time?
Yes 2 channels at a time if you have the dual OTA tuner.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You got the worlds worst CSR. Tuner dongle is needed for any antenna and of course you can DVR.

The only thing she MIGHT have gotten right is that your area might be considered high signal so an inside antenna is expected to be sufficient.

My csr told me to unplug the remote antenna on the hopper 3 and connect my ota antenna there. Lol

Reactions: HipKat
My csr told me to unplug the remote antenna on the hopper 3 and connect my ota antenna there. Lol
That used to be the advice for ViP receivers with the OTA tuner built-in, except the idea was to unscrew the remote antenna and use it as an OTA antenna on the antenna input, if you live close enough to the broadcasters to get a watchable signal that way. Of course, that would leave you without the ability to control your receiver with a UHF remote, unless you bought another remote antenna.

That used to be the advice for ViP receivers with the OTA tuner built-in, except the idea was to unscrew the remote antenna and use it as an OTA antenna on the antenna input, if you live close enough to the broadcasters to get a watchable signal that way. Of course, that would leave you without the ability to control your receiver with a UHF remote, unless you bought another remote antenna.
Or used a splitter to attach the Remote Antenna at the receiver or 2 splitters to attach it to the back of the TV2

Reactions: pattykay
Who are you going with, local cable or Directv ? Why can't you cancel now ? Any new provider can hook you up within days.
Going with Fios. I cannot do anything now until the holiday season is over. Too busy working 16+ hour days to deal with any of this right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts