Free ota antenna email from dish

Unfortunately for me, I don't know if installing a better antenna would alleviate my multi-path issues. If it's outdoor and on the roof, would that help? I still think it would pick up bounced signals.

Outdoor would be better, depending on what you’re using for indoor now

I called the # out of curiosity. The rep said that it includes everything you need including the dongle. You will be able to watch/record two ota channels at the same time. At the same time she also said that all guide data would be available for all locals and of course never heard of any issues with ota breaking up. Leave it to dish to start this service before the ota issue is fixed.
I wonder when Dish will do this for someone using a Wally.

It's very nice. I've been eyeballing it for months now, sitting on my van, but the OTA issues have kept me from buying it. I did install one about a year ago, outside of Bloomington, IL, mounted to the Dish Mast, 2nd story room, moderate tree coverage and the thing picked up 37 channels!
This might work for me, since my dish is now on my roof. But then I read this...
According to the reviews, it works well if you are within 30 miles of your towers. If not, a standard Yagi antenna seems to work better.
...so it might not work well for me after all. :(

I mounted my OTA antenna in the attic.

Attachments

• OTA Antenna.JPG
    OTA Antenna.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 249
There are also other reviews that say that it works well at 40, 50, even 60 miles. Like every other antenna, it depends on your individual circumstance.
I am about 60 miles from the Columbus, Ohio stations, which are the ones I would like to receive with an antenna. I already have a rooftop antenna pointed toward the Cleveland, Ohio stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts