Free ota antenna email from dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fishman316

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
michigan
Anyone else get this email? My parents received it yesterday and I got one this morning. Seems like a good deal as long as you get guide data and can record to the hopper.

DISH is the only television provider to allow you to choose how to receive your Local Channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC).
Today you receive Local Channels via satellite from DISH for only $10/month.You qualify for an exciting new opportunity:DISH will professionally install an over-the-air antenna (OTA) at no charge, so you can receive your Local Channels for FREE.Plus, you will SAVE $10/month since you will no longer need to receive Local Channels via satellite from DISH.Call 1-844-407-5464 today to schedule your free installation.Our technicians will also provide a complimentary full system checkup while in home.

Anyone else get this email? My parents received it yesterday and I got one this morning. Seems like a good deal as long as you get guide data and can record to the hopper.

DISH is the only television provider to allow you to choose how to receive your Local Channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC).
Today you receive Local Channels via satellite from DISH for only $10/month.You qualify for an exciting new opportunity:DISH will professionally install an over-the-air antenna (OTA) at no charge, so you can receive your Local Channels for FREE.Plus, you will SAVE $10/month since you will no longer need to receive Local Channels via satellite from DISH.Call 1-844-407-5464 today to schedule your free installation.Our technicians will also provide a complimentary full system checkup while in home.
As long as that INCLUDES the USB OTA dongle, it's a good deal, but that really needs clarification. Also, many are currently experiencing OTA break-ups, while watching live and recordings. I personally would not drop the Dish locals until the problem is fixed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What kind of antenna are they going to install?

foil.jpg

As long as that INCLUDES the USB OTA dongle, it's a good deal, but that really needs clarification. Also, many are currently experiencing OTA break-ups, while watching live and recordings. I personally would not drop the Dish locals until the problem is fixed.
I called the # out of curiosity. The rep said that it includes everything you need including the dongle. You will be able to watch/record two ota channels at the same time. At the same time she also said that all guide data would be available for all locals and of course never heard of any issues with ota breaking up. Leave it to dish to start this service before the ota issue is fixed.

Reactions: HipKat
It sure would be nice if Dish would fix the issue where you can not scan for channels that come from different directions, before offering this service. Dish really needs to have an Add Chanel function available for OTA!
It's a great deal for ViP users where the OTA is reliable and the features aren't crippled.

Wonder if PTAT will work using the OTA instead of the dish locals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)