Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Back for another week..the Friday FTA fun poll :)

OK...today's situation.....simple one

You find out your favourite sports team is on and you have the coordinates. You enter them in and scan only to find out.................

What's the bigger buzzkill???.....the feed is 4:2:2 or the signal is too low and you can't keep the signal stable?

yep, signal too low..that means i have to mess with something, and by the time i do get it to come in, its half over...

I don't generally have signal issues that I have any control over, but dang it, nothing bugs me more when I see someone found something I wanna watch then I see it's 4:2:2

The thing is, 4:2:2 issues just mean that I need the right piece of equipment. However, short of moving, cutting down a neighbor's tree, buying a 30m dish, and/or upgrading the equipment at the uplink station, the low signal issues are pretty much out of my control.

I found it in 4:2:2 so I grab a bag of chips and a beer and listen to the game. Ha!

Joking aside 4:2:2 burns me to as I would love to watch nbc on AMC 18 KU...tree is blocking my bud on that one.

I would have to say low signal as well. 4:2:2 is within my equipment threshold.

I was surprised to see that 70% of people here don't have any 4:2:2 equipment. (I have a DVB PC card which solves that problem)

I have a 1.2 Meter dish so I hope the signal is not too low, there is not much you can do to improve the signal, unless my dish is out of alignment. For C-Band I have been annoyed when I want to watch a feed that is at the threshold. (Then I have gone out to adjust the dish)

I would have to say, signal too low. I can work on the dish all day trying to get the maximum signal out of it, but if it is just too low to be stable, I will not be able to be successful. With 4:2:2, I can just work on the computer to get the correct codecs (which might take just as long), but I know I can succeed. I can always upgrade my CPU, but my dish at 1m is all I'm allowed at home here. (house rule....) However, both would be just as fun to work on, just one has a nice reward.

Can't remember finding anything with low signal lately, I've got big enough dishes, and live in the sticks anyway so who cares how many c-band dishes I put up? haha
That dang 4.2.2 business messes me up, but I aint looking to buy one box for this wrinkle, another box or pci card for that variant,etc. Surely some company will market a receiver that does 4.2.2, HD in mpeg4 and mpeg2 , and DVBs-2 ,SD and HD both. Maybe even throw in the over-tha-air decoder too , but I don't care so much about that-got big antennas up for that too! (I have to, to get anything OTA)

I don't have an issue with either of those 2 problems.... Although technically on occassion (rare) the CBS HD feed will give me a fit. I think it's because it's a weak transponder, and when this happens it's usually thickly clouded (which should not be an issue on C-Band), and too, the only show I watch from CBS is Jerico, and I guess you all know how often it's been on. I think I saw the finale show for the season was episode #27? That's how rare my problem is......
Anyway, I guess if I have to choose between these 2, it will have to be "Signal is to low to keep signal", because I can get 4:2:2 signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New FTA install

Pentagon Channel @ 103W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)