Frustrated by numerous program guide issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
absolutely absolutely my case as well. I found that if you set a series timer for show it record for True 3 weeks but then guess what if you checked your schedule it's not going to record. and it shows no record icon in the EPG, which means that you then have to take that instance and create a new series timer now that episode and hopefully the following will be recorded. this phenomena of having set a series timer for to work for only a few weeks then find out you've got to make a new series timer so that you can record the next few weeks of episodes and then sometimes do this again a few months later is really really annoying. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I learned this ugly lesson way back on the early Hoppers and possibly even way back on my 722ks, I can't really remember, but this phenomenon has been happening for years, however, it's happening a whole lot more recently with the Hoppers and Hopper 3's.

also everything else the also everything else the OP as stated and others have posted the same problems here it's getting really annoying especially the " Science Channel Progamming" or " History Channel programming" appearing on the EGP just a few days into the future. dish has really got to get together with Tivo and fix this mess, but of course, TiVo's, formally Rovi/TV Guide, metadata has always left much to be desired.

Reactions: wormil
I set my timers to record all episodes and hope for the best. I'd rather delete duplicates than miss any.
On Dish, what's funny what's funny is I don't think that's solves the problem because in my case the solution is to set another or a second series timet for that show. It's as if the first series timer is good for only the first 2 or 3 weeks, then TiVo creates a second separate timer that will be good for the following few weeks. I hope everyone understands that example.

So in other words that first series timer you set will only work for the first 2 or 3 episode but it is as if that series timer is no longer valid because it won't record anything anymore (I mean no SKIP indication because the timer displays NO RECORDING as if the show no longer EXISTS), so you have to go create a second series timer to record subsequent episodes. Or, and I have seen this on the EPG, the very same series shown in a block of several hours but then you'll notice that some of those shows will be recorded but others won't (when the timer SHOULD be recording them all) with absolutely no ICON idicating idicating that a timer for that SERIES has been set even though they're from the same season, hence the two or more different timers that you need to hunt down to record an entire series just even for that one season. yes I've actually had to make three timers or three different timers for Deadliest Catch this season. and I've sometimes had to have as many as three timers active in the sysyem to be certain to get all the episodes of a TV show. so in other words you cannot set 1 series timer and then forget it because it's a chance that it is not going to record a great many episodes. that really has to be fixed.

Something strange going on with Chasing Classic Cars. The season 13 first episode did not record. When I checked the existing timer, it only showed a whole bunch of older shows that were not going to record because they were not new episodes. None of the new episodes were listed.

I created a new timer for Chasing Classic Cars, and I left the existing timer there as well. The new timer only lists the new shows (and they are set to record), however, none of the older shows are listed (the older shows should be listed with a line thru them to show they are not new episodes). So I now have 2 Chasing Classic Cars timers (both set to record only new shows). The new timer only lists the new shows, while my old existing timer only lists older shows and not the new ones.

The program guide is definitely screwed up!

Something strange going on with Chasing Classic Cars. The season 13 first episode did not record. When I checked the existing timer, it only showed a whole bunch of older shows that were not going to record because they were not new episodes. None of the new episodes were listed.

I created a new timer for Chasing Classic Cars, and I left the existing timer there as well. The new timer only lists the new shows (and they are set to record), however, none of the older shows are listed (the older shows should be listed with a line thru them to show they are not new episodes). So I now have 2 Chasing Classic Cars timers (both set to record only new shows). The new timer only lists the new shows, while my old existing timer only lists older shows and not the new ones.

The program guide is definitely screwed up!

That’s because as I said earlier TiVo/Rovi has screwed up the Series ID in the metadata, which is who supplies the data for Dish.

The old episodes and timer have a different Series ID. Some idiot at tivo/rovi assigned a new ID to the new season so those will only show up under a new timer, which ignores the old episodes as it sees it as a completely different show.

Eventually TiVo will get enough complaints and someone will fix the series ID in the metadata to match the existing seasons or changes the series ID of the older seasons to match the new series ID. It’s happened a lot lately with Wheeler Dealers and Jay Leno’s Garage too.

The episode numbering is a mess. Marvel's Spider-Man just started a new season on Disney XD. Season 2, episode 1 was listed as season 1, episode 26. Season 2, episode 2 was listed as season 2, episode 1. Then, season 2, episode 3 was listed as season 1, episode 27. :coco
For some reason, the DVR timer on my Wally failed to record any of those episodes. I watched them through the Disney app instead.
Well, Monday's upcoming episode is listed as season 2, episode 4, and is scheduled to record. When I checked yesterday, it was simply listed as "episode 38" and was not scheduled to record. I did not make any changes to the timer. So, maybe some of these issues are getting fixed.

That’s because as I said earlier TiVo/Rovi has screwed up the Series ID in the metadata, which is who supplies the data for Dish.

The old episodes and timer have a different Series ID. Some idiot at tivo/rovi assigned a new ID to the new season so those will only show up under a new timer, which ignores the old episodes as it sees it as a completely different show.

Eventually TiVo will get enough complaints and someone will fix the series ID in the metadata to match the existing seasons or changes the series ID of the older seasons to match the new series ID. It’s happened a lot lately with Wheeler Dealers and Jay Leno’s Garage too.
Right and this happens within the SAME NEW SEASON of the show up to three times during its new episodes run. you gotta make like two or three different timers within the same brand-new season if you want to be able to record and watch all the episodes within that one new season.

I haven't messed with Multiple tuners, but I did see the episode numbering system screwed up. Master Chef, week 2 was Episode 138 and week 3 was Season 5 Episode 9 (It's really episode 4). All of them did record, though

New issues:

Tour de France on NBCSP, the original timer starting on July 7th stopped working on July 16th
Had to setup additional timer to pick up starting July 17th

Recording the Tour requires separate timer for the Saturday races covered by local NBC affiliate
Different starting times and program lengths make recording hard enough, but with added timers recording programs from the free preview this weekend I maxed out the number of timers which I didn't know existed (96 on VIP612)

Also had issue recording weekly program on Bloomberg channel. Recorded program as usual, program name and description looked correct in My Recordings, but when played it was a different program and program description while playing changed.

I’ve got an OTA channel that is supposed to be a local station, and in my guide it shows up as a UNIVISION channel with all Spanish listings. ???

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

So far this week I've had five issues.

The one which may have the most general interest is the Tour de France on Saturday July 28.
The timer that was set to record was the summarized delayed broadcast on the local NBC affiliate as opposed to the full live broadcast on NBCSN.

Two local sports programs I would have missed. Two religious programs with name modifications that I also would have missed

I seem to spend more time monitoring my timers than watching TV.

ya mine did not record the first 2 episodes of that new Live PD-Police Cam show Thursday night, set another timer to record them today, we will see what happens. Also been having a lot of issues with the end of SOME shows being cut off early, even with the timers set up to go 1 minute over.

Reactions: jollygrunt
ya mine did not record the first 2 episodes of that new Live PD-Police Cam show Thursday night, set another timer to record them today, we will see what happens. Also been having a lot of issues with the end of SOME shows being cut off early, even with the timers set up to go 1 minute over.

New twist today. Complain about missing episodes and they start giving you duplicates. The Profit on CNBC for 7/31 does not contain an episode number and is repeated again 3 hours later.

yep, this is so aggravating.
what we ended up doing , since most of what we watch is on the same channels, we made a favorites list of channels we watch and like. this way say prime time, its very easy to check on whats on, whats not recording, what 3 hr show it now wants to record. its much easier this way, but still ridiculous that every day or week something is changed and no longer working.

say, does anyone know the max timers for a hopper 3 ?? thanks