FTA setup for pas 3R

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mitchel taylor

Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
I am trying to get the FTA channels on PAS 3R at 43.1°W. I am in Guyana South America with a universal LNB what should my set up of my receiver be.
Set enter symbol rate megasymbols (it is at 30.000.) fer second; next
Set polarization; options are (Horiz Vert Left Right) next
Set FEC rate; options are (½ 2/3 ¾ 4/6 7/8)next
Set manual turne freq;options are (enter signal freq xxxxx in MHz) end
In LNB setup.. SET L.O, Switching; options are Tone or None. What to do here?
Thank all.. Mitchel

What programing are you trying to get from PAS3? What dish and receiver make & model are you using? There should/might be a better way than manually entering everything.

everything on pas3 ku band is aimed at europe
c-band is aimed at americas but it's DDII (need a big dish and special unit)

There is some stuff on 43 that we can see in the U.S. Not sure about down south where you are... There doesn't appear to be anything on 24/7 that we can see up here, but you might see more down there on tps aimed your way.

CNBC is on a C-band frequency. You will need a C-band lnb and a large enough dish to get it. The 1.2m might get it, but then again it might not. It would be an experiment if you tried. You can try scanning AMC6 ku or SBS6 ku, and sometimes you can find a feed with CNBC. But, that don't happen a lot.

Al

mitchel taylor said:
Set enter symbol rate megasymbols (it is at 30.000.) fer second;
next
Set FEC rate; options are (½ 2/3 ¾ 4/6 7/8)next
Set manual turne freq;options are (enter signal freq xxxxx in MHz) and
Set polarization; options are (Horiz Vert Left Right)

That should be automatic in the receiver once you do a blindscan

In LNB setup.. SET L.O, Switching; options are Tone or None. What to do here?
Thank all.. Mitchel

If you have a Universal LNB, then select Universal LNB on your receiver. Here are some LNB basics I found if your lost.

The following statements have not been reviewed but can be found at: http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm

A Universal LNB requires a 22kHz signal at 0.5v p-p to switch its Local Oscillator to 10.6GHz ("high band"). Otherwise it uses its 9.75GHz oscillator ("low band").

Polarization switching is controlled by dc voltage supplied by the receiver. 12.5v to 14.5v gives vertical and 15.5 to 18v gives horizontal polarisation. A higher voltage than that may damage the LNB but most are OK up to 20v. A voltage that is too low (less than 12.5v) will prevent the LNB from working correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts