Fun Fun Fun :) old receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
well i got a few days off to go back home and some time to play with my old system .... some of my gear is up at Baltimore ( MicroHD , Coolsat 5k )
so i'm stuck here playing with old boxes ... trying to get them to play nice :)

working with a pansat 2700a - its filled with out dated sats and i'm sure full of old transponders.... you know how hard it is to get my old brain wrapped around what T-5 is or SBS6 is or where it was lol :D

so here i am manually changing things ( its not hard just time consuming ) oh and my motor doesn't like the pansat + USALS (yeah i know its a minor problem that a motor reset would most likely fix) so i tune in everything just fine using 1.2

now to go search the forum for an editor that works well with the pansat :)

another thing to note that although the pansat 2700a isn't my favorite box it does shine for being an older box and it has the ability to control old c-band corotor skew

maybe that could be an option for the new improved not so MicroHD ( i know not a lot of us still use the skew )
maybe i'll have to learn better skills at soldiering and build that inline skew listed in the c-band area :)

anyway hope everyone is enjoying the day :)

Have three old receivers in the garage, one of which was my Fortec Dynamic. Haven't had them out in a long time. I may get bored and set up a fixed dish for one of them in the garage someday.

I have a Pansat 1500 that I use to aim dishes with :)
At the time I could have upgraded to a 2500 which had AC-3 and s-video....I thought "why would I need AC-3?" and got the 1500 instead :)

My Coolsat 5000 is still hooked up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)