Fun Fun Fun :) old receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
well i got a few days off to go back home and some time to play with my old system .... some of my gear is up at Baltimore ( MicroHD , Coolsat 5k )
so i'm stuck here playing with old boxes ... trying to get them to play nice :)

working with a pansat 2700a - its filled with out dated sats and i'm sure full of old transponders.... you know how hard it is to get my old brain wrapped around what T-5 is or SBS6 is or where it was lol :D

so here i am manually changing things ( its not hard just time consuming ) oh and my motor doesn't like the pansat + USALS (yeah i know its a minor problem that a motor reset would most likely fix) so i tune in everything just fine using 1.2

now to go search the forum for an editor that works well with the pansat :)

another thing to note that although the pansat 2700a isn't my favorite box it does shine for being an older box and it has the ability to control old c-band corotor skew

maybe that could be an option for the new improved not so MicroHD ( i know not a lot of us still use the skew )
maybe i'll have to learn better skills at soldiering and build that inline skew listed in the c-band area :)

anyway hope everyone is enjoying the day :)

Have three old receivers in the garage, one of which was my Fortec Dynamic. Haven't had them out in a long time. I may get bored and set up a fixed dish for one of them in the garage someday.

I have a Pansat 1500 that I use to aim dishes with :)
At the time I could have upgraded to a 2500 which had AC-3 and s-video....I thought "why would I need AC-3?" and got the 1500 instead :)

My Coolsat 5000 is still hooked up

Status
Please reply by conversation.