general Home theater question.

Technut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
San Antonio, Texas, USA
anyone found a easy way of cable managment? (my wife keeps complaing her house is "gonna burn down with all those wires behind the TV" lol )

or using a good customizable touch screen remote?

my Liv. equipment:
RCA 52" Widescreen HDTV Monitor :RCA D52W20
Voom STB
JVC RX-554V Home Audio Receiver
Koss DVP2163 DVD Player
Philips DVDR75 Progressive-Scan DVD Player/Recorder
Hughes DirecTV DVR PVR SD-DVR40 TIVO
X-BOX
PLAYSTATION-2
HTPC, Happauge usb SD video capture myHTPC SOFTWARE

thanks MR.C

I plan on buying Sony's Commander LCD remote later. I use switches for optical and component, and try to wrap up all the cables behind the Ent. Center. Also everytime she tries to look behind the TV I put on a HD channel and go LOOK LOOK!!!

that commander looks good anyone had any luck with it and voom

Attachments

• commander.jpg
    commander.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 122
I use one for all of my HT equipment--it works for my needs. It's really easy to teach it functions off other remotes and set macros. The only downside is the layout isn't customizable like the Pronto or others like it, but of course, it's alot cheaper than those kind of remotes too.

For cable management you can get wire ties or wire tubing(hollow flexible tubing to cover your wire with)from Home Depot or Lowes.

Hey there Tecknut do fell like your alone on this one I have the same problem, it looks like the house is gonna burn down with all that wireing.. I am looking into getting that same Sony remote and that all my equipment is Sony as well.. Just tell the wife not to look behind the tv :).. Cya Slick

Guys I have one of the older models. The functions are the same but my face plate looks different. This is a great remote. You can teach it all the functions of your existing remotes. Forget Best Buy and CC they are a rip off. I ordered a Sony 5.1 AV amp from HYP Audio. I ordered it on a Monday. Within 24 hours it was shipped by UPS. Tracking info was provided. The Amp was received that Thursday. HYP is located in Brooklyn NY.

I think the latest model is the rmav3100. Best Buy and CC have it for $199.00

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hypaudio/rmav3000.html

I have a home theater master mx-700 and had a mx-500 before that. They are not touch screen, but an item my home theater couldn't get by without. I agree with someone above, check out remote central and we'll find all you ever wanted to know.

When it comes to the wires, I've used tie wraps, velcro strips, and those split plastic tubes, but it all comes back off every time I have to change something. I'll live with the "rats nest". :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)