Genie and phone interference?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Indy Racer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
St Louis
Got my Genie installed on Saturday. They installed a HR44 and I kept one of my HR22's, so have 7 tuners. Ever since the install, I've noticed the sound quality of my home phone (cordless phones, not my mobile)is really bad. Hard to hear some callers, constant humming. Wonder if it's some sort of interference from the Genie set up.

Anyone experience this and if so, suggestions on how to fix? Hoping not to have to replace a whole home worth of phones!

Thanks,

Bob

As a test you could kill the power to your receivers & see if it makes any difference.

Go out to the Network Interface, open the Customer side with a screw driver, unplug the entrance bridge, plug in your corded phone, if trouble is still there, try a different phone, if trouble is still there, call the Phone company ... however, if your trouble is not there when at the NI, your trouble is inside.
Remove one phone at a time and check your connection, IF it clrs when removing one of the phones, it's a bad cord or phone that you have isolated.

Turns out there was a problem with the phone line outside the house. Some sore of filter was broken. Phone company was out yesterday and fixed it. Now able to use my land line again!

?thanks for all for suggestions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)