KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Check it out and tell me what you think. Nothing was edited out nor was this scripted I just got the idea grabbed the camera and went out to the dish. Oh btw its ok to laugh...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: spongella
2:49.....haha yep I can see that :rolleyes:
7:03..."there it is"

Last edited:
Thanks, it was rough but I figured it would do the trick. If anybody wants any special pics or short video of something I missed let me know. I skipped all of the signal reading stuff, cause...Yes it is bigger yes it pulls in a better signal than the 90cm. ;)

I bet Brian could come up with a photograph like that real quick. ;)

Don't have any promotional photos of the 90cm and 1.2m side by side. Have a few of the install here at home. Will post up over the weekend.

Note: The 1.2m bracket assembly is incomplete and missing two screws installed in the center pivot holes. I'm sure Michael will find the m6 x 12mm bolts on his work bench and finish assembling the dish without the fancy wire!

Fine tuning the dish elevation is simplified with the threaded adjuster. I use it to optimize the signal for my miniBUD, where every dB counts!

Thanks for the review!

Thanks for the clarification Brian.

Thanks for the link. :up
Very informative video.
This might become the wave of the future! :)

I knew about the pivot bolts and the fine elevation adjuster.
Researched this dish several years ago.
By comparison, the Fortec (only competitor at the time) didn't measure up.
So, I pimped the GeoSatPro 1.2m whenever asked.

If I recall, the Fortec had a dimple and a pimple where elevation pivoted.
I suggested drilling it out like the GeoSat.
And it had no fine elevation adjuster.
I came up with one, and other members bested me! :up :)
Think I even discussed how many turns of the screw for each degree elevation.
There were a lot of creative ideas.

But the most straightforward solution was to just get the (later introduced and) better GeoSat, and be done with it. ;)

1.2-1.jpg1.2-2.jpg1.2-3.jpg1.2-4.jpg1.2-5.jpg1.2-6.jpg1.2-7.jpg1.2-8.jpg1.2 and 90cm.jpg

Added some pictures too. As you can see in the photographs the pivot screws are installed ;)

What is the lowest elevation angle the 1.2m can be adjusted to when on a pole? My 90cm GEOSATpro cannot go low enough for AMC21 at 19.5 deg. when mounted on one of poles without being creative. It's fine if using the adjustable J mount it came with when mounted elsewhere.

I should look at the picture before speaking, but...
sounds like you're fixed, so can you just invert the dish?
That's the (a, one) easy way to get to zero elevation. ;)