GEOSATpro 1.2M Dish and SL2BLT Dual LNBF Video Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
nice and informative video.
only comment i can think of is -
when comparing KU linear LNB's, I think i would set up 2 to 3 dishes such as
1. a superdish
2. a 4 ft dish
3 (my) 9 ft dish
My feet fit some of my shoes better then others for a variety of reasons.

but i do understand that it was asked specifically for the 4 ft.
?
i like close ups of elevation readings very much

Glad you liked the review..:)

I should look at the picture before speaking, but...
sounds like you're fixed, so can you just invert the dish?
That's the (a, one) easy way to get to zero elevation. ;)
Nice to see this video. Almost like looking at the dish yourself in person. This is the dish I need. I wonder how much to ship all the way to eastern Canada. Inverting the dish is an easy procedure and a practical solution for fixed dishes for viewing lower elevation satellites. Attached photo shows dish on 121W at 14 degrees elevation. I was worried about not having a scale once you invert, but after you find your first satellite and make a reference mark, it's easy to simply move up or down by the calculated amount for your location.

Attachments

• Elevation 14 degrees.jpg
    Elevation 14 degrees.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 525
Ouch. A new 1.2m Fortec Star FC120CM locally that I can bring home in the car is $159. Or a local refurbished 1.2m Prodelin is available for $345.

Go with either one of those :)

It costs $150 for shipping in the States.

No. The formula is 90 - (elevation to sat + dish offset) = Take-off angle.

For example, if aiming at a satellite at 14 degrees elevation using a dish with offset of 27 degrees:
90 - (14 + 27) = 49
The dish will point up at angle of 49 degrees with respect to horizontal. See Post #24.

Last edited:
This is the dish I need. I wonder how much to ship all the way to eastern Canada.

Call Glorystar Canada toll-free and find out. They will quote ground freight within two days. Then, you will know.

Catamount

$177 US (shipping & duty) from SatAV in california as per ebay.ca

Last edited:
I'm confused. This ebay listing is from satellite_av in Roseville, CA. That's you, isn't it?

Yes it is us. Ebay took liberty to post that we ship to Canada. No we don't :( There is no economical way to ship to Canada. But e-bay claims they can deliver until customer places order and we actually ship to e-bay. Then e-bay facility in Kentucky of all places reports to customer they are unable to deliver. We don't loose any money, but customer doesn't get the dish.

I updated the listing, if you look at it again, it has a warning we do not ship to Canada.

Euge

I did notice the ebay listing changed. It originally said you shipped to Canada for $180. This "shipped price" of $325 total was the good deal. On ebay, I've never experienced a vendor shipping to ebay and them forwarding to purchaser. The concept is seller to purchaser direct. I would not buy off ebay with this forwarding arrangement. I'll stick with Canadian sellers.

I did notice the ebay listing changed. It originally said you shipped to Canada for $180. This "shipped price" of $325 total was the good deal. On ebay, I've never experienced a vendor shipping to ebay and them forwarding to purchaser. The concept is seller to purchaser direct. I would not buy off ebay with this forwarding arrangement. I'll stick with Canadian sellers.

It's a new deal Ebay themselves started awhile ago to "get around" sellers who say they will ONLY sell to continental US buyers. It's such a hassle to do all the paperwork, and the costs are high. So, Ebay started their own forwarding business where they CLAIMED they could do this re-shipping cheaper, so now "all you sellers can sell world-wide".

It's a new deal Ebay themselves started awhile ago to "get around" sellers who say they will ONLY sell to continental US buyers. It's such a hassle to do all the paperwork, and the costs are high. So, Ebay started their own forwarding business where they CLAIMED they could do this re-shipping cheaper, so now "all you sellers can sell world-wide".
Glad to know. This breaks ebay business model. I would be hesitant to order outside country via ebay now.

Do you get more feeds with the 1.2 m
Compared to 36"?

Good review and video
Yes for sure! Also, stuff that is intermittent on a 36 is solid on a 1.2M.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts