GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
New update 1129 is available.

Short summary:

608/708 cc is working (better then microHD in some cases)
Motor control improved
HD viewing improved
Autoupdate on Firmware now can be disabled (you may need to do factory default)

Back up your current settings by going to Menu > Manager > Data Transfer > Transfer Service Data to USB storage.

To update, please go to Menu > Manager > Version > Online Update. Then click on Firmware Version and select 1129.
After installing, folks might want to check the version and make sure that the update is 1129 before restoring and taking the time to set up all of your preferences. I had to update a second time because after the first time my version was still at rev 1107. The first time it went through the install and burn process and then rebooted like normal but did not upgrade. The second attempt did work so just be aware.

New update 1129 is available.

Short summary:

608/708 cc is working (better then microHD in some cases)
Motor control improved
HD viewing improved
Autoupdate on Firmware now can be disabled (you may need to do factory default)

Back up your current settings by going to Menu > Manager > Data Transfer > Transfer Service Data to USB storage.

To update, please go to Menu > Manager > Version > Online Update. Then click on Firmware Version and select 1129.
Did the upgrade. Anything in particular you want us to test?

I have one problem, I can't seem to get anything to load from the YouTube app. Everything thing else, IPTV, Weather, Maps, XBMC is working, so I don't think it's a network connection issue.

Also I haven't been able to get a USB keyboard to work. Is there a setting that needs to be changed to get the keyboard to work?

I switched out the 16GB internal drive with a Sandisk Cruzer 32GB I had laying around. I removed the plastic cover and the bare drive is the same size as the original drive so it fit perfect. So now I'm going to see if I can find a 64GB or larger drive made by them with hopes the internal board is the same size. This is the older style, so I don't know if the newer design will be the same size or not.

THANKS!

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
For engineer troubleshooting, what recording is needed? A short recording of the channel in question or a recording of the whole mux?

In one channel of NBC's new 4-channel signal on SES-3 Ku-band, I've seen the appareance of a rare situation where you have audio but not video. With TSREADER, the thumbnail of that video service is fine and the audio/video plays through the VLC link just fine. The video is MPEG-2 so it's weird why it won't display properly in the HDVR3500. I've only found one other feed that behaves like this -- a weekly high school football game feed -- and that football feed also uses MPEG-2 video. I can make a 30 sec or whatever recording of just that video program or of the whole mux and submit it in hopes that maybe there is something that can be done to make it play in HDVR3500 with a future firmware update.

I'm a few firmware versions back, so this might have already been done. But if it hasn't already been done, kill off some of the unneeded processes running, such as oscam, there's no need for that to be running and trying to access a card slot that doesn't even exist, it's just using memory for nothing. There's a few others in there too that look like they don't need to be started at all.

Looking at the log file with vi at /home/stb/bin/oscam/oscam.log, the thing just non-stop tries to find the card slot, kill off these unneeded things and free up the resources they're using.

Reactions: N6BY
For engineer troubleshooting, what recording is needed? A short recording of the channel in question or a recording of the whole mux?

In one channel of NBC's new 4-channel signal on SES-3 Ku-band, I've seen the appareance of a rare situation where you have audio but not video. With TSREADER, the thumbnail of that video service is fine and the audio/video plays through the VLC link just fine. The video is MPEG-2 so it's weird why it won't display properly in the HDVR3500. I've only found one other feed that behaves like this -- a weekly high school football game feed -- and that football feed also uses MPEG-2 video. I can make a 30 sec or whatever recording of just that video program or of the whole mux and submit it in hopes that maybe there is something that can be done to make it play in HDVR3500 with a future firmware update.
We would need five minutes tsreader recording. Let me look at it. What was the signal level and quality?

I'm a few firmware versions back, so this might have already been done. But if it hasn't already been done, kill off some of the unneeded processes running, such as oscam, there's no need for that to be running and trying to access a card slot that doesn't even exist, it's just using memory for nothing. There's a few others in there too that look like they don't need to be started at all.

Looking at the log file with vi at /home/stb/bin/oscam/oscam.log, the thing just non-stop tries to find the card slot, kill off these unneeded things and free up the resources they're using.
We are analyzing them. But they take no resources in reality. I did see it myself tho

Reactions: . Raine
Did the upgrade. Anything in particular you want us to test?

I have one problem, I can't seem to get anything to load from the YouTube app. Everything thing else, IPTV, Weather, Maps, XBMC is working, so I don't think it's a network connection issue.

Also I haven't been able to get a USB keyboard to work. Is there a setting that needs to be changed to get the keyboard to work?

I switched out the 16GB internal drive with a Sandisk Cruzer 32GB I had laying around. I removed the plastic cover and the bare drive is the same size as the original drive so it fit perfect. So now I'm going to see if I can find a 64GB or larger drive made by them with hopes the internal board is the same size. This is the older style, so I don't know if the newer design will be the same size or not.

THANKS!

View attachment 110320
You can also use an extension cable
USB 2.0 Extension Cable Type A Male to Type A Female 6 ft, Black Amazon product ASIN B00182CIB8

Internet Speed? I recently upgraded to the maximum internet speed of 30 meg that is available to the rural area where I live. I was connected to the internet via wifi and based off of my laptop on the network my wifi speed is connecting at about 20 megs. At that speed I was still getting a lot of buffering and stoppage. I then ran a Cat5 ethernet cable from my router to the HDVR3500 and am now connected via ethernet. I do not know at what internet speed that I am connected now but I am still getting a good bit of buffering. What is the recommended internet speed for IPTV to play without buffering or searching? I tried to use the HDVR3500 web browser and to go to speednet.net to see what my internet speed using ethernet actually is but the that website requires flash player. It would be nice if in the Menu/Internet App of the HDVR3500 if there was an internet speed app available. Just a thought and a wish that could prove to be helpful.

I just had good luck charging my iPhone with the USB port on the 3500 :) "Front port only" Would be a cool feature to watch or view pictures / videos off phone.

Two new issues I'm having with 1129:

1) I'm having trouble with the channel list sort - the alphabetic option (green button). Selecting "all" doesn't sort my channel list for the satellite i'm active on, and when I scroll right and select an individual letter of the alphabet, the sort seems to work but I am not able to arrow up/down or even page up/down through the list. It's frozen on the first screenful of entries for that letter.

2) i tried the new channel editor. I then imported my new edited list into the receiver and there were no satellites or channels (as it the format of the file I imported was not right or there was corruption in the data file being imported). I remied it by importing my backup copy of the db and my sats and channels returned pre-external editing.

We would need five minutes tsreader recording. Let me look at it. What was the signal level and quality?

Strength 59 quality 76

As I type this, channels 1-3 have video (TSREADER confirmed) but black screen displaying on HDVR3500. I've never had a problem viewing the CNBC slate on channel 4 with the HDVR3500 so video has always worked on just that channel.

HD recording seems to be working great for me so far after the firmware update. Noticed the file size is about 4 times larger than recordings from SD channels (did 1 hour recordings from 125w). I'm sure that is normal because of the difference in the quality of the video feed.

HD recording seems to be working great for me so far after the firmware update. Noticed the file size is about 4 times larger than recordings from SD channels (did 1 hour recordings from 125w). I'm sure that is normal because of the difference in the quality of the video feed.
The higher the quality the larger size of file.

Is there a step by step guide to get a link into the iptv channels. An detailed guide Right from finding a link to actually installing it. Thanks
There is a video posted few pages back on how to install iptv channels.

We are preparing more detailed one.

Here is the link:

What settings should I be putting in the boxes for the radio channels on 103W in the Channel Editor? If I remember correctly, they are all MPEG2 audio. My old notes showed 8191 as the Video PID, so I'm guessing that setting is correct, and I know the Audio PID is correct. I think service ID is supposed to be 0, but not sure about service type or video type. THANKS!

Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 4.18.53 PM.png

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)