GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Quick update on something I found. It is possible to set audio by channel. There's a setting that allows audio settings to be carried over the entire receiver or on a per-channel basis. The same is possible of volume settings.

Reactions: Titanium
surprised to discover that it receives 8PSK ACM from a transponder on 125W C-Band!

So then the receiver will do ACM?
I thought Brian said it did not do ACM.
Would be nice to get back those Music choice channels on 125 w.
Did they blind scan in for you or was it a manual input?

Thanks for checking this mux out!

...Also discovered last night that you can play a recording stored on the HDVR3500 from a computer while its being recorded.
I tried it again and VLC played the first several minutes of what was currently being recorded and then it switched to another recording on its own.

So it only seems to play the first part of the recording in progress.

I ordered mine earlier today.

Could anyone tell me how long the HDMI cable that comes with the receiver is?

Thanks.

Sorry... I definitely was wrong! That is what I get for reading the specs! :D ACM Capable!

The Mux Blind Scans and plays Audio and Video. Much better experience than using the HTPC.

That did it for me. Ordering one after I get paid this week! :D

I tried it again and VLC played the first several minutes of what was currently being recorded and then it switched to another recording on its own.

So it only seems to play the first part of the recording in progress.

At what point in the recording did you attempt to start playing it?

It might have stopped playing at the point it was at when you accessed the file.

Does that make sense? Say you're 4 minutes into a recording and you hit play, I wouldn't be surprised if the playback stopped at the 4 minute mark rather than the 8 minutes that would now be on the disk.

In our previous testing, the VLC player both on portable devices and desktop will access the portion of the file that is available at the time of starting playing. We are checking alternative software.

...It might have stopped playing at the point it was at when you accessed the file. ...
In our previous testing, the VLC player both on portable devices and desktop will access the portion of the file that is available at the time of starting playing. We are checking alternative software.
That would explain it, thanks.

Maybe there is an option in VLC for it to see if the file has gotten larger when it thinks its at the end?

If not, then we'll still be able to remotely view live TV when Sat->IP is implemented.

Last edited:
Have found a limitation that is quite common on STBs and should be a quick fix. The APID limit per MUX is set to a mazimum of 32. On 139w C-band several transponders have hundreds of audio feeds, but only 32 are being logged.

I have recorded several .ts files of these transponders and submitted them for the engineers to test. These .ts files cannot even be processed by TS Doctor or TSPE. The programs report too many PAT files... LOL! DUH!

Reactions: KE4EST
I have recorded several .ts files of these transponders and submitted them for the engineers to test.

How are you submitting stuff to engineers?

I posted some bugs on here, but no response from SatAV. I'd like to see a response and hopefully a fix to some - although some, like the absence of a mute button, might be harder to accomplish!

Reactions: SatelliteAV
Status
Please reply by conversation.