GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hopefully this unit will work out.Myself I just not interested in all the bells and whistles that comes with this unit.Through experience in the past I've learned,the more complicated the unit,or car,or what ever, the more chance something is gonna go wrong.I think what a lot of people would like to see,is a good basic unit,and one that has a built in motor actuator.Thirty years ago I had a receiver made in JAPAN that was made by "STS".Worked great everytime,when you sent it to a certain satellite,bingo,it took you right to it with out missing counts.Also when,and when the time comes for warrantee repair is there someone who will work on it,or will they just send you a new one.It seems these days everything is just a throw away.What I would really like to see is a combo recever,and actuator,in one case,that actually works right out of the box.Just like when you buy a TV or stereo receiver,plug it in and it works as advertised,period.I really don't want to TRY this firm where update,or that firm ware update.I think you guys understand and maybe agree.Can hardly wait to see how this unit works out.
I also had an STS system back in the early 80's and at that time their system was 2 boxes, a receiver and an actuator that were separate. Then the industry moved towards a single box. Really doesn't matter to me if combined in one unit or 2 as long as it is accurate and automatic. Better than the old hand crank jack actuator...LOL

Reactions: dsmith0429
Well said KE4EST... flaming does nothing to help with the technical and firmware related issues... And I have faith that Eugene is working diligently to fix any issues that needs attention...

THAT IS THE POINT.
I know that the switch is good cause i have 8 cables entering the house, ( 2 - amiko A2, 2 - amiko 8840, 2 - gigablue quad and 2 test lines
1 - Manhattan 1997, 1 - HDVR3500 replacing a microHD ).
All other receiver work perfect but not the HDVR3500, My neighbours who also connect with their boxes and have no trouble.
thanks for your help

I started Googling and found a pretty large and active community of people exchanging and listing links to IPTV streams. Some worked, some didn't. You can use the "Open Network" option in VLC Media Player to test the links then, if they work, add them to your custom list.

If you look at the structure of the .xml file linked above, you should be able to figure out how to make one by hand. If not, ask for help. It's quite straightforward once you know.

Martyn or anyone else interested in the IPTV module, I found a link to espn2 that works in the VLC player but when I insert it into a .xml file and try to import it into my IPTV module on the HDVR3500 it won't show up in any of the channel lists. I have made probably 10 others so far without a hitch but this one won't import for some reason. ** rtmp://kv2.ts33.net/sat/us021 **

I have made probably 10 others so far without a hitch but this one won't import for some reason. ** rtmp://kv2.ts33.net/sat/us021 **
Gfox, I updated public channel list, please restart your HDVR3500, you should see ESPN2 showing well. rtmp is supported.

Reactions: Gfox
I installed 1045 tuesday (...)

I do think the video resolution has been disabled. I noticed 2 news feeds didn't have video resolution listed, even after the info bar went away and I brought it back up

update: video resolution shows up on most, but not all channels. I'll have to try to do some transport stream analysis to see if something obvious shows up that may help in communicating what needs to be fixed in the code that generates the video resolution info and puts it in the info bar lower left corner.

I did find in 1045 tonight that left/right arrows when the sat channel list is displayed doesn't scroll the satellites like it had in 992 and previous. To change the satellite whose channels you are looking at or want to access now, you have to hit the "SAT" button and arrow up/down through the list to the desired satellite. I suppose that was how it's supposed to have been done, but I love the right/left arrow to scroll across the satellites in fewer steps.

Sat Av responded to Ke4est and to Brian, but has totally ignored my posts and other members posts too
Your posts are not ignored. Your observations are extremely valuable. They are put into the list of improvements and verification.

Our plan is to address every issue step by step and once addressed, issues are no longer brought up, because they are resolved.

Multi-billion dollar company like Apple has issues. Their firmwares have issues out the door. I can give you a small list of my problems with them. Microsoft has issues. Google has issues. If we were to wait for perfect receiver/gadget from the sky, we would have no receivers at all, ever. We take the best possible hardware, apply best possible solutions and make it into a great product.

FTA market is our business, we want it to grow and bring entertainment options to people.
I appreciate your observations and reports. Everyone of them. I appreciate every customer, partner and competitor.

Reactions: dsmith0429
THAT IS THE POINT.
I know that the switch is good cause i have 8 cables entering the house, ( 2 - amiko A2, 2 - amiko 8840, 2 - gigablue quad and 2 test lines
1 - Manhattan 1997, 1 - HDVR3500 replacing a microHD ).
All other receiver work perfect but not the HDVR3500, My neighbours who also connect with their boxes and have no trouble.
thanks for your help

Looks like different problems for different setups. I'm not having as many issues as others are reporting. Mine in mainly when I'm using the IPTV and XMBC apps, but seems to be a heat related issue for those apps, because my box gets hot and occasionally locks up when using them, but they definitely work better with a wired LAN instead of the WiFi, so it could be the Wi-Fi chip as an additional issue also.

So far all satellite functions are working fine for me. I'm guessing it's a good chance there is something in hardware differences with the LNBs and diseqc switches, even though they all claim to be basically the same. Could be something as small as a slight output voltage/amps difference. Hard to tell with so many different brands and manufacturers, but I have had other receivers that behaved differently with my LNBs & switches in the past. For example my old Fortec worked better on my small dish c-band project than my microHD, X2 Premium, or Viewsat did. Haven't tried it with the HDVR3500 yet, but thinking about it. Have to put it back together and give it a try.

I like the idea of an all-in-one box, but maybe too much of a good thing, there's a lot going on when all these things are packed together in one system. I know they are working on a lite version, so maybe they could also have a firmware update to make it possible for us to choose to disable the APPS, IPTV, & XMBC if we don't want to use them.

I know they are working on a lite version, so maybe they could also have a firmware update to make it possible for us to choose to disable the APPS, IPTV, & XMBC if we don't want to use them.
The lite version of the OS is available, where APPS and XBMC are turned off. Many of our projects do not require apps or kodi. But IPTV will be always available, it is separate operation from satellite and requires minimal memory.
I will post the stripped version in near future.

Looks like different problems for different setups. I'm not having as many issues as others are reporting. Mine in mainly when I'm using the IPTV and XMBC apps, but seems to be a heat related issue for those apps, because my box gets hot and occasionally locks up when using them, but they definitely work better with a wired LAN instead of the WiFi, so it could be the Wi-Fi chip as an additional issue also.

So far all satellite functions are working fine for me. I'm guessing it's a good chance there is something in hardware differences with the LNBs and diseqc switches, even though they all claim to be basically the same. Could be something as small as a slight output voltage/amps difference. Hard to tell with so many different brands and manufacturers, but I have had other receivers that behaved differently with my LNBs & switches in the past. For example my old Fortec worked better on my small dish c-band project than my microHD, X2 Premium, or Viewsat did. Haven't tried it with the HDVR3500 yet, but thinking about it. Have to put it back together and give it a try.

I like the idea of an all-in-one box, but maybe too much of a good thing, there's a lot going on when all these things are packed together in one system. I know they are working on a lite version, so maybe they could also have a firmware update to make it possible for us to choose to disable the APPS, IPTV, & XMBC if we don't want to use them.

You see I have no issue with XBMC or IPTV part at all. I watch 3 movies a week on XBMC maybe some buffering, As for IPTV i have have
watched maybe 2 hours a week with no buffering.
The box does get warm as it is my top of the stack box I use. When I first got the unit I did use the unit under HDVR 3500 and that got to hot
so i stopped that, adding space between operating box or small usb fan witch is not ideal.
I use it now with a single dish and diseqc box and seams some time to not to move the dish, The dish always moves manually to a location.
I still use the 992 firmware and have not used the 1045 as of today.

You see I have no issue with XBMC or IPTV part at all. I watch 3 movies a week on XBMC maybe some buffering, As for IPTV i have have
watched maybe 2 hours a week with no buffering.
The box does get warm as it is my top of the stack box I use. When I first got the unit I did use the unit under HDVR 3500 and that got to hot
so i stopped that, adding space between operating box or small usb fan witch is not ideal.
I use it now with a single dish and diseqc box and seams some time to not to move the dish, The dish always moves manually to a location.
I changed out my surge protector today, and I also had my computer on the same surge protector, but moved it to a different one, and so far I haven't had any more lock ups, but it still runs a little warm, but doesn't seem to be as hot. Also seems to switch between satellites faster...

- most motor control errors have been addressed in 1045. We have two independent teams that have the code, we will address the HD and recording very soon.

Last edited:
- most motor control errors have been addressed in 1045. We have two independent teams that have the code, we will address the HD and recording very soon.
FYI: Just removed the internal USB drive from my receiver and the video recording stutter seems to be gone on my receiver. Have to try and record longer to be sure, I'm using an external 500GB USB Hard Drive on the rear port for recording... seems to be doing fine so far... I was going to replace the internal drive, but all the flash drives I had was slightly too long to fit... may try and get an usb angle adapter or just roll up an extension cable inside to test different drives... I was also able to connect a 3TB USB drive to playback media files I had on there as well, haven't tried to record to it...

I had very good results with SSD drives on a USB adapter. Very beautiful recording and playback.
I'm using an external Toshiba 3TB, I assume it's SATA on the inside. Something else I just noticed, flash drives seem to work ok if I plug them into a powered USB hub attached to the receiver... maybe some drives have too much power pull on the USB bus??? My external drives are also self powered, doesn't get their power from USB

UPDATE: The 3TB drive doesn't seem to record as good as good as my 500GB drive... seems to have audio/video out of sync. The drive is intended for USB 3.0, even though it says it's backwards compatible with USB 2.0...

Last edited:
I changed out my surge protector today, and I also had my computer on the same surge protector, but moved it to a different one, and so far I haven't had any more lock ups, but it still runs a little warm, but doesn't seem to be as hot. Also seems to switch between satellites faster...

Some surge units based on what was used as a protector inside, and do to age it can work backwards with a high current draw.
To limit voltage and would cause more heat

Your posts are not ignored. Your observations are extremely valuable. They are put into the list of improvements and verification.

Our plan is to address every issue step by step and once addressed, issues are no longer brought up, because they are resolved.

Multi-billion dollar company like Apple has issues. Their firmwares have issues out the door. I can give you a small list of my problems with them. Microsoft has issues. Google has issues. If we were to wait for perfect receiver/gadget from the sky, we would have no receivers at all, ever. We take the best possible hardware, apply best possible solutions and make it into a great product.

FTA market is our business, we want it to grow and bring entertainment options to people.
I appreciate your observations and reports. Everyone of them. I appreciate every customer, partner and competitor.
Is the update by satellite available for this receiver yet? If so, what settings am I supposed to have? Just curious...

Is the update by satellite available for this receiver yet?
Yes, the satellite update is enabled and running. We only have Glorystar mode set to automatically update via OTA SSU. The update has access only to firmware and glorystar channel list. It will not affect user database, settings or channels.

Tested firmware 1045 on several units and the motor control issues appear to be resolved and observe the implementation of the iptv network settings.

Unfortunately, the STB still has the same problems with HD channels in both live viewing and DVR/time shift as was reported several months ago at the beginning of this thread. Still unable to use the HDVR3500 for reliable daily viewing or recording.

I regret that several of you are spreading lies that Titanium Satellite is involved in a cover-up for the vendor providing wrong specifications and attempted to deceive the FTA hobbyists. This simply is untrue. Anyone who knows me understands that I operate with the highest of integrity and I expect the same from vendors and associates. I have zero tolerance for the lies and drama that some members are attempting to draw me into.

Titanium Satellite discontinued carrying the STB several weeks ago and processed the last return and refund earlier this week. We have been concentrating our efforts on providing a smooth return process with prepaid shipping labels and fast 100% refunds for our customers.

Once again I apologize for any inconvenience that has been associated with our discussion of the product and sharing of the supplied specifications.

This post ends my participation in this thread.

How to RESCAN a single/individual transponder?

1. Normally when I blind scan a satellite I scan for FTA only. When the scan is complete any transponders with scrambled channels show up in the satelllites transponder list as FAIL but are not put in the channel list.
2. Sometimes at a later date a Premium Service or other desired channel will turn off encryption and people report these finds in message groups like Satelliteguy.
3. Since I had previously scanned that satellite the transponder for that Premium channel is already in the transponder list but the channel is not in my channel list because I initially blind scanned FTA only.
4. Since I Edit many channel names in my channels list I prefer to NOT blind scan the entire satellite because I will loose all of my Custom Editing of the channels list names. So I would like to just scan that one transponder.
5. I have not found any way to select a single transponder and to scan that transponder only. The old receiver that I replaced with this HDVR 3500 would do this.

Is there a way to scan a single transponder that is already in a satellites transponder list with the HDVR 3500? So that I would not loose the time and effort in editing many channel names?

It was discussed earlier in this message string that it would be nice if you could lock any channel name editting so that when you blind scan a satellite you would not loose all of the editing that you had previouly done. If that were the case I would feel more free to blind scan and to look for new finds more freely. There is a lot of time involved when you edit the channel names with some intelligence that makes your list more understandable and easy to use. Blind scans return so many "No Names" and garbled names that they require editing to recognize what the channel is in the list. If the locking of your Edits is not possible then is there a way to at least scan an individual transponder in the satellites transponder list?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)