GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi,,,, "Was there any particular need to keep 1297?".......... Just that someone said I should backup my firmware before upgrading........Were and how do I upgrade via satellite?....I need info on the frequency, satellite etc. .........Thanks.....JJ

Hi,,,, "Was there any particular need to keep 1297?".......... Just that someone said I should backup my firmware before upgrading........Were and how do I upgrade via satellite?....I need info on the frequency, satellite etc. .........Thanks.....JJ
Jimmy, we have not yet made the update available via satellite. Once we approve it, it will be automatic update on Galaxy 19Ku - 11842 H 22000.

To back up the settings on your receiver go to Menu > Manager > Data Transfer > Transfer Service data to USB storage. There is no back up of the firmware.

MacOS is not compatible with Samba. We are working on a solution to connect from OS X. OS X has removed true compatibility with Samba.
Hi. thanks for the clarification.

As the user manual virtually doesn't exist, I have to go thru all these 64 pages of discussion to find out what HDVR3500 is capable to do exactly, especially concerning the software in the bo:mad:hardware seems good in most of the aspects).

I see your post on 2016/2/9 saying "HDVR3500 share is smb://IPaddress/share - the latest versions of OS X is not compatible with samba. I am working on a solution that will resolve this." then I thought some previous MacOSs work then.

If indeed none of MacOS works, do you have an estimate to resolve the issue? many thanks.

I'm having a problem since updating to 1339 on Sunday. I'm connected to the internet via Ethernet cable and when I boot the 3500pro it says network connected like usual, but the date and time are sometimes off. The date is correct right now, but the time is behind by exactly 1hour. I can't change DST it's grayed out. Never had this problem before 1339, and I changed nothing but the software to 1339. Where is this box getting it's date and time from? Clock setting & Time zone both set to auto. Thanks.

Hi. thanks for the clarification.

As the user manual virtually doesn't exist, I have to go thru all these 64 pages of discussion to find out what HDVR3500 is capable to do exactly, especially concerning the software in the bo:mad:hardware seems good in most of the aspects).

I see your post on 2016/2/9 saying "HDVR3500 share is smb://IPaddress/share - the latest versions of OS X is not compatible with samba. I am working on a solution that will resolve this." then I thought some previous MacOSs work then.

If indeed none of MacOS works, do you have an estimate to resolve the issue? many thanks.
I have no estimate at this time, I will work on getting this done soon.

Bump...Someone here must know the answer to this? Welcome to SatGuys, FTA+IPTV! :D

Hi, Raine,

Thank you very much.

I just bought HDVR3500 a couple of weeks ago and i'm very glad to find this site. The non-existence of manual forced me to find answers in spending a lot of time reading the threads, and I realised that I'm already way much more lucky than the earlier members of the board who were forced to act as involuntary testers on broken firmwares with much frustration and failure and resignation.

As I'm testing on the software in HDVR3500 box with latest firmware 1314, as well as connectivity with other PC, channel editing etc. I have my share of frustration over the quality of firmware and will report one by one. Hoping this will bring awareness to other members and contribute to the ultimate improvement of qualities of firmware.

This experience with HDVR3500, still going on, reminds me already many things as I'm a software developer using outsourcing in China myself.

best regards

I have no estimate at this time, I will work on getting this done soon.
Thanks for the quick answer.

A MacOS connectivity(i'm using 10.6.8, 10.5.? FYI) is much appreciated in my environment.

For the moment, I'm connecting thru my old XP3(only on internal wifi network, to avoid all the security hassle), and am having problems like files/directories disappearing after HDVR3500 reboot etc. will report more details.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick answer.

A MacOS connectivity(i'm using 10.6.8, 10.5.? FYI) is much appreciated in my environment.

For the moment, I'm connecting thru my old XP3(only on internal wifi network, to avoid all the security hassle), and am having problems like files/directories disappearing after HDVR3500 reboot etc. will report more details.

Thanks.
I appreciate every report.

PS3 is not known for the best connectivity, but when any share goes down due to power being off, in most cases the share will become unavailable. I hope you will accept that I can't really improve much, or do you have better examples? Does PS3 keep connections to computers that are rebooted?

Please advise

I appreciate every report.

PS3 is not known for the best connectivity, but when any share goes down due to power being off, in most cases the share will become unavailable. I hope you will accept that I can't really improve much, or do you have better examples? Does PS3 keep connections to computers that are rebooted?

Please advise

Hi, to quickly clarify, it's not PS3 but windows XP3 that I'm using. will get back with exact details.
are you in asia timezone? that's good for me.
best regards.

Hi, to quickly clarify, it's not PS3 but windows XP3 that I'm using. will get back with exact details.
are you in asia timezone? that's good for me.
best regards.
We are Pacific Daylight Savings time, California Company.

With XP, I recommend mapping a drive to your share. Mapping drive is the most stable connection, or in old world net use, where you define exact mount point on internal drive.

From memory, as I can't get the XP machine to turn on (power supply, I think) right click on My Computer, then on Manage. Somewhere in there you assign it a letter. I know at one time I had M for the drive with music, P for documents. and Z as a backup. Think you can use any letter F to Z

Hi,,,,Congratulations and thanks a million....My 22KHz issue is totally resolved and working great.....The update went in flawlessly without a hitch.....It saved all my channels and recorded material to boot.....This box is really shaping up to be a winner.....I would like to see a channel scan step added like the option to scan in 2,,5,,10KHz steps etc....Get rid of the 24 hr clock and add PM & AM.....There's still some very minor flaws that should or could be addressed yet but nothing major.....Thanks again and keep up the good work.....JJ

Jimmy, 22KHz issue was addressed in the last firmware http://hdvrbox.com/up/gs/usb_update_glorystar_20160418_1339.bin - please let me know how it's working.

Hi,,,,Congratulations and thanks a million....My 22KHz issue is totally resolved and working great.....The update went in flawlessly without a hitch.....It saved all my channels and recorded material to boot.....This box is really shaping up to be a winner.....I would like to see a channel scan step added like the option to scan in 2,,5,,10KHz steps etc....Get rid of the 24 hr clock and add PM & AM.....There's still some very minor flaws that should or could be addressed yet but nothing major.....Thanks again and keep up the good work.....JJ
Jimmy, please continue reporting any of the issues that come up. I appreciate the time you took to report them.

Ive got to say this is probably thee best firmware yet. Im noticing speed improvements too with the the pvr functions. Amazing! Those still trying to use a usb memory stick probably will have issues as those arent fast enough. I have a 1tb sata in a usb3 external 2.5 inch drive enclosure. No issues!!!

Does anyone have problems with adding a new satellite to the list in Menu/Settings/Dish Settings/Satellite/Edit?

I added a new satellite to the list through there to use for testing out a new dish and after I added it, all the satellites were messed up, 87W Ku channels were on 89W, 121 channels on 123, etc, all channels got shifted to the next sat up from where they belong. I deleted the sat entry I'd made and some of them went back to where they should be, but not all of them.

I believe I remember seeing this problem mentioned in this thread somewhere and I looked, but couldn't find it, could be that I'm remembering wrong. I'm using firmware 992 and it would be nice to know if this was/is an original problem in firmware, or something that I did while fixing other things. Might make it a bit easier to find it and fix it.

Editing an existing satellite is no problem, only adding a new one causes this, on my receiver.
I had the same issue when trying this as well...

Reactions: . Raine
With diseqc 1.0 you can go to 4; with diseqc 1.1 you can go to 16;
so with diseqc 1.0 and 1.1 combined you can go to 4x16 = 64!
You need the right 1.1 switches though, to be able to switch with the proper "uncommitted commands".

If you don't use the 22kHz signal for universal LNB's, you can use that signal to double the amount of LNB's. You need 64 switches, or just ONE if you place it directly at the side of the receiver. In that case you need a Diseqc-through 22kHz switch; that is imperative! Otherwise the diseqc signal doesnt arive properly at the diseqc switches. I believe the Ecoda-switch does the job.

Greetz,
A33
I have it working great with a 4x1 and two 8x1 switches set up at the moment. Plans to add an additional 8x1 soon. I'm setting up a Wave Frontier Toroidal Dish, and has been quite a learning experience but I think I finally got the hang of it. Have 8 sats setup so far on that dish. And 3 other dishes in my setup as well. So I have 11 sats total at the moment. Hoping to have 20 sats total between the 4 dishes when I'm done. And planning to post pictures of my setup when completed. Thanks for the comments & tips.

Reactions: SatelliteAV
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts