GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm having problems upgrading receiver. Using the editor is not much of a problem uploading to the receiver is. I go through all the steps and it looks like is actually uploading but is not. After rebooting the unit none of my changes are in place. What gives.

Eugene, is there a link to download previous firmware versions from? I just tried downloading a few from within this thread and got a 404 file not found error. Online update seems to just do 1344.

Given that the current firmware seems to be locking some people out of their receivers on occasion, it might be a good idea to make a previous version available.

I'm having problems upgrading receiver. Using the editor is not much of a problem uploading to the receiver is. I go through all the steps and it looks like is actually uploading but is not. After rebooting the unit none of my changes are in place. What gives.

If you're using the editor that I posted up a few posts up, it's probably broken in this firmware. Like I said, I had it working in 9XX, it probably won't work in the current firmware versions because of all the changes. Sorry. :(

If you're using the editor that I posted up a few posts up, it's probably broken in this firmware. Like I said, I had it working in 9XX, it probably won't work in the current firmware versions because of all the changes. Sorry
Ok, this is the editor that I'm using GeosatproHIDBTtool. Is this the one you are talking about?

Eugene, is there a link to download previous firmware versions from? I just tried downloading a few from within this thread and got a 404 file not found error. Online update seems to just do 1344.

Given that the current firmware seems to be locking some people out of their receivers on occasion, it might be a good idea to make a previous version available.
I will provide the links to all previous firmwares. My goal is to address the issues of course.

Reactions: . Raine
SatelliteTV, Raine et al:

thanks for your advices and offers to help. thank you very much first.

I've been out of the country so just returned to report my situation.

Actually, I've recovered my box back from the deadlock, using my dummy stupid way. below is the steps:
1) reboot (the only possible ways to reboot in my situation is by using the back side switch or command after telnet by root, switch is easier)
2) upon seeing the "GeoSat Pro" logo, push the "menu" button intermittently

chance is that 1 out of 4 tries you'll be landed in the "menu" screen(instead of falling into the endless loop on the bad channel), thus enabling you to go into system editing screen to restore from a saved channel list, which will get you out of the channel as default.

I think this achieves the same as the link suggested(that Raine posted, to force "forget" the lastly viewed channel, which is of course smarter)

Still, for those who can't telnet to tamper with the file system, this might be a good alternative.

Of course, as a fail safe rescue, it's better to update the firmware to have some easy way(e.g specific button assigned) to reset the channel list etc as many of the electronic appliances do usually.

Yes, that was me. It seems that FTA+IPTV and I have both triggered a bug in the software. Apparently if you tune to a channel with very weak signal, the box can sometimes lock up and not allow any of the menus to be accessed or to even change the channel. If you then reboot the box, the box attempts to tune back into the channel as soon as it boots back up, which causes the STB software to lock up again. The only workaround I have found, is to when this happens reboot the box multiple times, quickly pressing the power button, or sometimes the yellow or green buttons, as the box is finishing the "LoAd" step. This will sometimes allow me to break into the menus before the box attempts to tune the channel (and then lockup), and allow me to move the motor, etc to temporarily fix it.

My problem was made worse because sometimes I would tune to a very strong transponder, and then mysteriously 30 to 60 seconds later the motor would begin moving again for no reason, which would then make the box lose the signal. At that point the UI would freeze up. I would then reboot the box, but the box would not send a motor move command to get it back on the right position because it thought it was already on the right satellite. I had to then do the trick to break into the menus to issue a manual move to get be able to get the box to respond properly again.

Can I get some acknowledgement from SatelliteAV about this? I am more than happy to try to film a video of all of this this weekend if necessary, but I did not want to go through the trouble if this was already known and could be reproduced.
yes, seems we're having the same problem. looks like the command line trick to remove files should work. I'm telnet'ing usually from my old Mac that should be painless exercise.

This is a really long thread, and I still haven't made it all the way through it yet. However I did come across this post: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3714918/
Is the refund offer by SatelliteAV still available? The further I get through this post and the more information I learn about this box, the more I feel duped. This box has been out almost a year and basic features are not working yet? Who cares if it can do ACM or 32PSK or whatever if it can't boot up reliably, can't run a positioner properly, runs way outdated XBMC software which can't be upgraded, and is way underpowered? At this point I'm tired of messing with it. I wouldn't mind contributing to it's development and helping to actually fix the problems, but I feel like I've been ignored by SatelliteAV. Any suggestions from anyone on what I should do, other than write it off as a loss and move on?

This is a really long thread, and I still haven't made it all the way through it yet. However I did come across this post: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3714918/
Is the refund offer by SatelliteAV still available? The further I get through this post and the more information I learn about this box, the more I feel duped. This box has been out almost a year and basic features are not working yet? Who cares if it can do ACM or 32PSK or whatever if it can't boot up reliably, can't run a positioner properly, runs way outdated XBMC software which can't be upgraded, and is way underpowered? At this point I'm tired of messing with it. I wouldn't mind contributing to it's development and helping to actually fix the problems, but I feel like I've been ignored by SatelliteAV. Any suggestions from anyone on what I should do, other than write it off as a loss and move on?

That thread is a long, but an interesting read. :)

I would think your receiver would be eligible for a refund, you didn't buy it that long ago and have had nothing but problems with it. Post in the end of that thread and ask Eugene [SatAv] about contributing to it's development, or a refund. I doubt he would accept help, but, who knows, he might.

Refund is absolutely available. We would prefer addressing the issue. This receiver is sold as satellite and IPTV receiver that has SOME XBMC capacity. If you are not satisfied with this receiver and even worse feel DUPED??? - please, provide your serial number and original invoice for your purchase and we will refund you.

Please, allow me state our mission and purpose. We are in this market, because we love FREE television. We believe that any feeds that are available to the public should be enjoyed and shared. We understand, there are other players in the market and we want to support everyone. The more people watch FREE TV, the more demand will be out there. Our intention is to make best hardware available at this time. We are constantly looking at new possibilities, including 8K and 16 cores, but reality is, most people don't even have 4k TV, it is financially unaffordable to jump into the future. So we provide best possible receivers, best possible dishes (about to announce some upgrades), best possible LNBFS, best possible complete solutions. If during the process we identify issues, we will address them as time permits.

Refund is absolutely available. We would prefer addressing the issue. This receiver is sold as satellite and IPTV receiver that has SOME XBMC capacity. If you are not satisfied with this receiver and even worse feel DUPED??? - please, provide your serial number and original invoice for your purchase and we will refund you.

Thanks for responding. I am glad to know that the option of a refund is still available. I hope to not have to exercise it. I just want someone to understand that I am frustrated, mainly because I'm having a hard time getting any questions answered.

I've found two big issues which are show stoppers for me: one I can absolutely confirm and have confirmed with a video on a different post (lockups on boot if low signal), and another I have evidence of which I am going to nail down further this evening. (not able to tune after dish move, due to usals misalignment or 22khz polarity switching). I keep asking for a prior firmware so I can at least get the box up and running, but this call has been unanswered.

I am sure you are either getting frustrated or have been frustrated for a long time too about this box. I just want you to understand where I, the user, am coming from... I'm new to the FTA hobby, I buy your box three weeks ago, I'm now on the second box and both are unusable without a firmware update which I can't get. Attempts to get acknowledgement of the specific bugs I feel like I've found have not been addressed. I then start to air my frustration and project a divisive tone, and I finally get a reply... with a mission statement, instead of acknowledgement there may be a bug, results of in house reproduction of the problem, or even just a copy of the older firmware I need, . You say you would prefer to address the issue -- I would prefer that too. I've not found a good receiver I've liked yet, but at least this one has some hope of influencing software fixes. I'm not trying to make this hard, I'm not trying to make anyone mad. I've just learned in my couple of weeks of dealing with this box that if I want to get a reply, I have to make sure someone knows I am not happy.

I hate to be a kicker,
I always long for peace,
But the wheel that does the squeaking,
Is the one that gets the grease.
--- Josh Billings, "The Kicker"

I hope to hear back from you soon as to what we can do to troubleshoot these issues.

Brandon

Refund is absolutely available...provide your serial number and original invoice for your purchase and we will refund you.
Thanks Eugene. After further consideration I have decided to move forward with this offer. I've sent an email to you with the requested details. This morning I dropped off at FedEx the original box that was replaced via warranty. I await instructions to return the replacement box as well. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks Eugene. After further consideration I have decided to move forward with this offer. I've sent an email to you with the requested details. This morning I dropped off at FedEx the original box that was replaced via warranty. I await instructions to return the replacement box as well. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.
I will email you the shipping label.

Hey Eugene,

I discovered something today when I was accessing my recordings on my computer.

All my recordings since updating to firmware 1339, show a date of December 31, 1979, but the end of the filename shows the correct date

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 2.02.00 AM.png

And when I set the recording time using the manual function, it doesn't stop, it just keeps recording. I have to stop manually. I also tried to record from an audio channel but it didn't record anything, even though it showed the LED blinking on the box, and pressing info showed it was recording, but the time was 00:00 and never changed.

I tried doing a factory reset, but still the same results.

Other than that, I'm having no problems that I can detect with anything else so far.

Thanks!

Hey Eugene,

I discovered something today when I was accessing my recordings on my computer.

All my recordings since updating to firmware 1339, show a date of December 31, 1979, but the end of the filename shows the correct date

View attachment 117235

And when I set the recording time using the manual function, it doesn't stop, it just keeps recording. I have to stop manually. I also tried to record from an audio channel but it didn't record anything, even though it showed the LED blinking on the box, and pressing info showed it was recording, but the time was 00:00 and never changed.

I tried doing a factory reset, but still the same results.

Other than that, I'm having no problems that I can detect with anything else so far.

Thanks!

I have the same issue with recording. It never stops recording. I'm using firmware V1344. Any ideas Eugene?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts