GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Technically we addressed it, so I am checking why
OK, seems to not happen with all channels, could it be something to do with the type of stream it's receiving from the satellite? Maybe a weak or corrupted data stream? I'll have to do a few more tests, but I was able to record a few channels under 1 hour and it stopped, sometimes, but not every time. The satellites I was recording from was 91w Ku-band, 99w C-band, and 103w Ku-band.

OK, seems to not happen with all channels, could it be something to do with the type of stream it's receiving from the satellite? Maybe a weak or corrupted data stream? I'll have to do a few more tests, but I was able to record a few channels under 1 hour and it stopped, sometimes, but not every time. The satellites I was recording from was 91w Ku-band, 99w C-band, and 103w Ku-band.
Please back up your data and do factory default. I am also trying to compare the two last firmwares, one of them i did not release publicly, but it addressed the recording for sure.

I have the same issue with recording. It never stops recording. I'm using firmware V1344. Any ideas Eugene?
Is 1344 the one that wasn't released to the public? Or did you mean 1314? I don't see 1344 in the online upgrade, just 1314. I'm using 1339, which was posted in an earlier post here.

Is 1344 the one that wasn't released to the public? Or did you mean 1314? I don't see 1344 in the online upgrade, just 1314. I'm using 1339, which was posted in an earlier post here.
I believe 1344 has not yet been released to the public. I'm using 1339 and remember having problems with 1314 a while ago. I wish 1344 would be released soon.

Please back up your data and do factory default. I am also trying to compare the two last firmwares, one of them i did not release publicly, but it addressed the recording for sure.
I restored to factory, still doesn't stop recording within the time I set it for in manual mode. Going to try the built in timers and see if I have the same issue of not.

I have an issue with IPTV on the HDVR3500. I have some IPTV urls that starts then stops and then says stream completed, but it actually hasn't. I can select again and it will continue but sometimes I have to do it multiple times before it will keep going without stopping. And they are all .ts links, instead of .m3u8.

So I was wondering if the HDVR3500 also supports type 1 & 3 IPTV. I am going to experiment and change the type in the xml file to type 3, instead of type 2 that I have been using for my old list, since that is described as:

Type 3: TV Over Net or Web TV A new TV receiver, or an adapter box, will have an Ethernet (RJ-45) jack that is used by the TV to navigate out onto the internet to access specific websites where either live or on-demand video content can be streamed to the TV. In some parts of the world, such as Japan and parts of Europe, TV receivers that previously use the internet to access non-video data (e.g., local weather, traffic conditions, sports score, etc.) are now able to access video content over the internet. User uses a remote control to navigate, through the internet-enabled TV receivers, the content selection.

I found this great article on IPTV that explains what IPTV is and the different types.

I have an issue with IPTV on the HDVR3500. I have some IPTV urls that starts then stops and then says stream completed, but it actually hasn't. I can select again and it will continue but sometimes I have to do it multiple times before it will keep going without stopping. And they are all .ts links, instead of .m3u8.

So I was wondering if the HDVR3500 also supports type 1 & 3 IPTV. I am going to experiment and change the type in the xml file to type 3, instead of type 2 that I have been using for my old list, since that is described as:

Type 3: TV Over Net or Web TV A new TV receiver, or an adapter box, will have an Ethernet (RJ-45) jack that is used by the TV to navigate out onto the internet to access specific websites where either live or on-demand video content can be streamed to the TV. In some parts of the world, such as Japan and parts of Europe, TV receivers that previously use the internet to access non-video data (e.g., local weather, traffic conditions, sports score, etc.) are now able to access video content over the internet. User uses a remote control to navigate, through the internet-enabled TV receivers, the content selection.

I found this great article on IPTV that explains what IPTV is and the different types.

Please send me the links. I am traveling till the 20, but would like you to send me the links for testing. My email is Eugene@satelliteav.com

I don't think I've seen mention of this anywhere yet, but I discovered if I delete all the satellites I don't use, and then also delete all the transponders from the ones I kept, and then blind scanned them, that my receiver seemed to respond better. Maybe has something to do with freeing up memory by deleting the extra satellites and transponders?

Reactions: SatelliteAV
Please send me the links. I am traveling till the 20, but would like you to send me the links for testing. My email is Eugene@satelliteav.com
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. They don't work in VLC or any other IPTV app I've found either, but also discovered that some of the ones I found were not official links, so don't want to use anyway. So, I'm still searching the web to find some that are. I seem to have a hard time locating any m3u8 links that still work, looks like most are switching to other formats.

Reactions: SatelliteAV
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. They don't work in VLC or any other IPTV app I've found either, but also discovered that some of the ones I found were not official links, so don't want to use anyway. So, I'm still searching the web to find some that are. I seem to have a hard time locating any m3u8 links that still work, looks like most are switching to other formats.
Dan, the problem with some links, they are not encoded up to standard.

Well, my HDVR3500 died yesterday. It no longer boots, the red LED comes on, but nothing else. All l I get is a humming/buzzing noise and no picture. Tried unplugging and letting it sit for a while, also tried the manual reload of the firmware using the front panel buttons, no luck :( Resurrected my old Viewsat Platinum Ultra Lite until I can find a replacement... no HD, but at least I have a few good channels...

Well, my HDVR3500 died yesterday. It no longer boots, the red LED comes on, but nothing else. All l I get is a humming/buzzing noise and no picture. Tried unplugging and letting it sit for a while, also tried the manual reload of the firmware using the front panel buttons, no luck :( Resurrected my old Viewsat Platinum Ultra Lite until I can find a replacement... no HD, but at least I have a few good channels...
Have you tried unplugging the coax and and unplugging any USB drives? (Then see if it will boot). Also you might try another 12V wall-wart power supply before giving up.

I will replace it, please dm me serial number and your address

Reactions: dsmith0429
Status
Please reply by conversation.