GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I remember reading of the ability of using a MicroHD remote with the 3500, something to do with Sling, I believe. Is there a firmware or whatever to allow the Micro's remote to work with the 3500 under normal conditions?

Many of the Micro's remote keys already work on the 3500 right out of the box, but at the moment I have neither the time or ambition to make it work completely myself. I ask, because the Ok key on my remote is messing up horribly, and it isn't dirty contact pads inside. It's a very cheaply made remote inside and coupled with the problem I've had right from day one of how mine chews through batteries within a week or so, I would rather use a different remote altogether than buying a new replacement, if they're available even.
We have firmware that works exactly with microHD receiver and Sling - please update manually by downloading microHD remote firmware = http://hdvrbox.com/up/gs/oldremote/usb_update.bin

Unfortunately Sling team is extremely slow in responding to my request to add GEOSATpro HDVR3500 remote. Sounds like they are busy with other projects.

Reactions: . Raine
It doesn't seem to work for me..once the usb stick is in ..I go thru the procedures,now do I enter where it says "internal" for the remote upgrade??

It doesn't seem to work for me..once the usb stick is in ..I go thru the procedures,now do I enter where it says "internal" for the remote upgrade??
Dear Lucky53, when doing manual upgrade, does your receiver show Front or Back Memory? - Please click the Folder with double dot to it to go higher in the directory to see Front or Back USB.

I had a customer having a slightly difficult time getting quality. I was very curious why the signal would not change when customer was moving the dish.

Please see the picture attached.

If your receiver shows good level but no quality, make sure LNBF is pointing at the dish.

Attachments

• IMG_20161219_103927800.jpg
    IMG_20161219_103927800.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_20161219_103955600.jpg
    IMG_20161219_103955600.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 350
I had a customer having a slightly difficult time getting quality. I was very curious why the signal would not change when customer was moving the dish.

If your receiver shows good level but no quality, make sure LNBF is pointing at the dish.
Oh now that's funny! :biggrin2

Reactions: dougruss
Dear Lucky53, when doing manual upgrade, does your receiver show Front or Back Memory? - Please click the Folder with double dot to it to go higher in the directory to see Front or Back USB.
Sorry for not quite understanding.I want to do this right! Do I upgrade thru MANAGER then DATA TRANSFER.. or go into VERSION then proceed with the upgrade..I just purchased this stb and still a little unsure with its operation..I have been using the back memory..Thanks

Sorry for not quite understanding.I want to do this right! Do I upgrade thru MANAGER then DATA TRANSFER.. or go into VERSION then proceed with the upgrade..I just purchased this stb and still a little unsure with its operation..I have been using the back memory..Thanks
Data Transfer is used ONLY for Channel and settings back up and recovery.

The best way to keep receiver up to date is to use default setup. Please connect your receiver to Internet by Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

Please go to Menu > Manager > Version > Online Update

Click Connect and the message on the left bottom should display Connected in orange.

Down Arrow to Firmware Version and press Ok to display options. You should see latest version in the drop down. Select it and go down to select ok. Once the Firmware downloads please REBOOT.

Short explanation. For example versions 1344 on Glorystar and 1372 on FTA are actually the same code with minor differences. We try to keep the versions same, but sometimes they may be different numbers. For example we issue custom versions for corporate customers. Please disregard those.

If you would like receiver to notify you of available new updates, please go to Menu > Settings > System Settings and make sure you have Automatic Firmware Update set to ON. This will let you know when new firmware has been downloaded to your receiver and is ready to be installed automatically.

Let me know if this helped.

Data Transfer is used ONLY for Channel and settings back up and recovery.

The best way to keep receiver up to date is to use default setup. Please connect your receiver to Internet by Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

Please go to Menu > Manager > Version > Online Update

Click Connect and the message on the left bottom should display Connected in orange.

Down Arrow to Firmware Version and press Ok to display options. You should see latest version in the drop down. Select it and go down to select ok. Once the Firmware downloads please REBOOT.

Short explanation. For example versions 1344 on Glorystar and 1372 on FTA are actually the same code with minor differences. We try to keep the versions same, but sometimes they may be different numbers. For example we issue custom versions for corporate customers. Please disregard those.

If you would like receiver to notify you of available new updates, please go to Menu > Settings > System Settings and make sure you have Automatic Firmware Update set to ON. This will let you know when new firmware has been downloaded to your receiver and is ready to be installed automatically.

Let me know if this helped.
OK..current version installed is 1372...wifi is connected..no new version availiable..Auto Firmware update ON and auto program update OFF

Lol.. Oops sounds like a fun support call nightmare.

If I record selecting 30min or 1hour it records and stops after the time selected. If I select 35 minutes or 1hr:05minutes(in case the show goes longer), my 3500 keeps recording and won't stop until I stop it manually. I'm using Ver. 1364(because it seems to work best for me). Can someone please check theirs? Thanks.

If I record selecting 30min or 1hour it records and stops after the time selected. If I select 35 minutes or 1hr:05minutes(in case the show goes longer), my 3500 keeps recording and won't stop until I stop it manually. I'm using Ver. 1364(because it seems to work best for me). Can someone please check theirs? Thanks.
I am looking into it.

Has anyone experienced the HDVR3500 slowing down as more channels are added?

This is something that is happening to me and at first I thought maybe it was slower or not as quick to respond because the remote batteries might be dying, but the batteries check out strong plus I put in new alkalines so I don't think it's the remote failing to send commands to the receiver.

I do a full arc blind scan every 2 months and occasional feed scans on the more significant birds more frequently. Before I start the 2 month full arc scan, I go to every satellite and each band on it and do a blue-button transponder delete-all that cleans out all the transponder entries for each bird/band. I go across the arc and blind scan each bird and band. When I do occasional feed scans, I just go to the sat/band and do a blind scan which adds any new non-duplicate entries to the end of that satellite's channel list.

Since new blind scan entry channel numbers are up in the 26000's now (you can't even get the whole channel number on the 4-digit front display!), I wonder when I delete transponders to clean out the receiver for a new blind scan, the corresponding channel entries of those deleted transponders are not deleted but rather replaced by basic placeholder data since new channel entries do not have four digits channel numbers. It makes me think I have so many channel placeholders now that my receiver bogs down.

If there is a way to clear out those channel numbers that are not active and accessable, that may be the way to get my receiver to speed up or be more responsive. Maybe a factory reset is the only wayt to do that but I would have to set up the satellites again since I assume a restore from my USB backup would put back in all those placeholder channels that got backed up.

Has anyone experienced the HDVR3500 slowing down as more channels are added?

This is something that is happening to me and at first I thought maybe it was slower or not as quick to respond because the remote batteries might be dying, but the batteries check out strong plus I put in new alkalines so I don't think it's the remote failing to send commands to the receiver.

I do a full arc blind scan every 2 months and occasional feed scans on the more significant birds more frequently. Before I start the 2 month full arc scan, I go to every satellite and each band on it and do a blue-button transponder delete-all that cleans out all the transponder entries for each bird/band. I go across the arc and blind scan each bird and band. When I do occasional feed scans, I just go to the sat/band and do a blind scan which adds any new non-duplicate entries to the end of that satellite's channel list.

Since new blind scan entry channel numbers are up in the 26000's now (you can't even get the whole channel number on the 4-digit front display!), I wonder when I delete transponders to clean out the receiver for a new blind scan, the corresponding channel entries of those deleted transponders are not deleted but rather replaced by basic placeholder data since new channel entries do not have four digits channel numbers. It makes me think I have so many channel placeholders now that my receiver bogs down.

If there is a way to clear out those channel numbers that are not active and accessable, that may be the way to get my receiver to speed up or be more responsive. Maybe a factory reset is the only wayt to do that but I would have to set up the satellites again since I assume a restore from my USB backup would put back in all those placeholder channels that got backed up.
I can not confirm slowdown just from the list of channels, but logically it is possible. The best way to clear out channels and not loose the transponders is to just delete them! Back up the data before making major changes like delete all channels.
Personally, i do factory default every so often just to make sure I keep the process fresh from support purposes, but you would not need to do default, just delete all channels.
Let me know how does it change performance.

I can not confirm slowdown just from the list of channels, but logically it is possible. The best way to clear out channels and not loose the transponders is to just delete them!

I learned from this experience that transponders and channels in the HDVR3500 are not tied together (unlike some of my other receivers, when I delete transponders, the associated channels with those transponders are also deleted from memory). Since I had to delete thousands of channels, I'm surprised my remote control batteries didn't wear out! ;)

I went to the channel area, hit the blue button to edit, selected "delete marked" from the right hand pane, then went to the left hand pane and marked all the tv and radio channels I could access and then green-button deleted them from the center pane.

I checked the sats and they were still as I set them up. I scanned one bird and the channel numbers started with 2000 so the first channel scanned was not 1 but rather 2001. The newly scanned channels are 4 digits (not 5 digits) and the receiver is way more responsive now to my button pushes and in the time to carry out an activity (like hitting the menu button brings up the menu rapidly rather than a few moments later).

I have to remember now that when I do my full arc bimonthly scans, I need to delete all channels and all transponders before starting rather than just all the transponders.

Reactions: SatelliteAV
I learned from this experience that transponders and channels in the HDVR3500 are not tied together (unlike some of my other receivers, when I delete transponders, the associated channels with those transponders are also deleted from memory). Since I had to delete thousands of channels, I'm surprised my remote control batteries didn't wear out! ;)

I went to the channel area, hit the blue button to edit, selected "delete marked" from the right hand pane, then went to the left hand pane and marked all the tv and radio channels I could access and then green-button deleted them from the center pane.

I checked the sats and they were still as I set them up. I scanned one bird and the channel numbers started with 2000 so the first channel scanned was not 1 but rather 2001. The newly scanned channels are 4 digits (not 5 digits) and the receiver is way more responsive now to my button pushes and in the time to carry out an activity (like hitting the menu button brings up the menu rapidly rather than a few moments later).

I have to remember now that when I do my full arc bimonthly scans, I need to delete all channels and all transponders before starting rather than just all the transponders.
Thank you for your report. I have found it accurate on what i have experienced. We are still working on the automatic arc scan and should be ready in about two months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)