Getting DirecTV for NFL Season

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lgloeckner

Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Hello. I moved outside of my favorite team's viewing area and I currently live in an apartment that gives its residents free cable with Mediacom. So, right now, I'm content with not paying anything a month for cable TV.

However, I have to be able to see NFL games this year and am looking for the cheapest route to go about getting the NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV for the four or five months of the NFL season.

I've checked DirecTV's website and noticed that in getting their satellite recievers, you sign into a 12 month lease. I would like to avoid that and wondered if I could order a receiver through eBay and use that to avoid the 12 month commitment.

Would this work? Or are there any other suggestions to help me out?

Thanks in advance.

lgloeckner said:
Hello. I moved outside of my favorite team's viewing area and I currently live in an apartment that gives its residents free cable with Mediacom. So, right now, I'm content with not paying anything a month for cable TV.

However, I have to be able to see NFL games this year and am looking for the cheapest route to go about getting the NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV for the four or five months of the NFL season.

I've checked DirecTV's website and noticed that in getting their satellite recievers, you sign into a 12 month lease. I would like to avoid that and wondered if I could order a receiver through eBay and use that to avoid the 12 month commitment.

Would this work? Or are there any other suggestions to help me out?

Thanks in advance.
Visit the nearest sports bar for the 4-5 months you will be interested in NFL. You will also need a view from your balconey to the South for the dish to see the satellite, and you will probably need permission from the apartment complex to install a satellite dish.:)

You could buy a directv unit off of ebay*make sure that it is a dtv manufactored ird and not another brand because this year st will have a few interactive features that were not offered last year. plus right now if you activate a new account you pay 69.99 a month for 4 months you get st and the best package offered with over 250 channels which is a great deal you also get 4 ird's so yea... but you will still have that commitment.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.