getting my first dvr hooked up tommorrow

Get 2 ehd's. One for each receiver. There is no additional fees for the 722, but it will cost $40 to activate the 211, but believe me it's worth it. I had a spare 400 gb drive laying around for several years. Finally hooked it up to the 211. Gives you all the freeze, back and forward features of a dvr and if you have ota reception you can record a Dish signal and an ota signal at the same time.

ok,ty

Get 2 ehd's. One for each receiver. There is no additional fees for the 722, but it will cost $40 to activate the 211, but believe me it's worth it. I had a spare 400 gb drive laying around for several years. Finally hooked it up to the 211. Gives you all the freeze, back and forward features of a dvr and if you have ota reception you can record a Dish signal and an ota signal at the same time.
NOTE: 2 TB max currently for 722k's ... 1TB max currently for 211's ... also note that the drives can not be swapped from 211k to 722k or vice versa ... 722k & 211k can swap with *other* 722k and 211k receivers so long as they are on the same dish user account, but you can not swap between the two different models ... so no 722k -> 211k ... and no 211k -> 722k .... attempting to switch to either will prompt you to format the drive anew. :)

And note one last thing.. if you call in to activate on a 211k ... make youself super nice, I'm super good customer been paying on time, higher teir, etc etc etc .... and maybe **MAYBE** you can get the 40 dollar fee waived. It worked for me... and plus they royally screwed up the activations on both of my 722k's twice ... so maybe that helped .... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)