Going "back" in a PTAT recording in progress...no good

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
PTAT was recording Green Bay/Detroit game. Tried to go back a few minutes and watch from there. HEAVY pix-elation every two seconds..unwatchable. Only when I when I went to Live TV did it stop. This normal??

PTAT was recording Green Bay/Detroit game. Tried to go back a few minutes and watch from there. HEAVY pix-elation every two seconds..unwatchable. Only when I when I went to Live TV did it stop. This normal??

This happens to me on more than just that since the S230 update! I thought I was the only one until I contacted Dish. You are not alone and it isn't a hardware problem. Here is what I was told:

James (ID: 8YC): Hi, my name is James (ID: 8YC). How may I help you?
James (ID: 8YC): Hello, my name is James and I'm with Advanced Tech Support. I'm sorry you're having an issue. I'll be happy to assist you today. Please give me just one moment to review your previous conversation and we'll take it from there.
me: OK.
James (ID: 8YC): Thank you for your patience. I understand that you are having issues with garbled playback if you leave a channel paused, skip back, or rewind back and you have reset the receiver, but the issue still remains since the S230 software update. Is that correct?
me: It only started after the S230 update.
me: And that is correct.
James (ID: 8YC): I'm sorry for any frustration that this may be causing. I would be happy to assist you further with this issue today.
James (ID: 8YC): Since you have reset the receiver, and it only started with the software, then that has narrowed down the issue. Please allow me a moment to check the known issues and check with our Technical Operations Team.
me: OK. James (ID: 8YC): Thank you.
James (ID: 8YC): Thank you for your patience. They have been seeing some reports of this coming in after the Hopper software update with a certain amount of Hoppers. I will need to submit this in a technical problem report to our engineering team for a resolution. Depending on what they find as the isssue with the software linked with the receiver and smartcard numbers, it may take 24-72 hours to be resolved.
me: OK. Thank you for telling me about this.
James (ID: 8YC): You're very welcome. If they find another issue or need any more information, they will also contact you by phone, email, or both.
me: Should I expect the software to update one night in that time frame? Or will it revert to the older software?
James (ID: 8YC): It will stay with S230, since that is the most recent, but what every fix the get for it will come through during a update that happens overnight.

I have a very hard time believing that my software version won't change, but I'll be pushed some magical update to fix it. That makes very little sense to me. And a DVR isn't much use if you can't use it for very basic DVR features.

This happens to me on more than just that since the S230 update! I thought I was the only one until I contacted Dish. You are not alone and it isn't a hardware problem. Here is what I was told:

I have a very hard time believing that my software version won't change, but I'll be pushed some magical update to fix it. That makes very little sense to me. And a DVR isn't much use if you can't use it for very basic DVR features.

They aren't going to roll your sw back. If a fix is implemented,it would be pushed in the next sw update and spool to receivers as it normally does.

They aren't going to roll your sw back. If a fix is implemented,it would be pushed in the next sw update and spool to receivers as it normally does.

That is why I asked Dish support if they were going to roll it back. They probably won't be rolling out NEW software to me within 24-72 hours like the CSR promised. This could take months. That is unacceptable. I will be back with DirecTV (which is only on suspension and not cancelled) by then if they can't make good on their promise for a fix within a week or so. They will just have another cancellation fee from someone who actually likes the service but has major problems.

I'm watching The Voice being recorded by PTAT delayed. I can pause, backup, go forward without any problems.

I had the same problem. It was intermittent. I don't know if this related but about a week later the hard drive died. I now have a new Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)