Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

not if you don't have line of site...or live somewhere you can't put up a dish and internet is crap
So your "Directv is 100% available" is still wrong...but continue to think you're right :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Its available to the vast majority..with no line of sight u got ps4 option...so we back to 100%

not if you don't have line of site...or live somewhere you can't put up a dish and internet is crap
So your "Directv is 100% available" is still wrong...but continue to think you're right :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Man you guys just continue to argue whos better than the other ....

Can you just move on to a different topic ?

There are Issues with BOTH sides ....
There were issues from time to time with D* and I'm sure there will be with YTST.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo and Juan
Keep moving the goal posts :rolleyes:
I’m done with your rabbit hole (whoops, I owe Bruce a nickel now since he trademarked that)
Im confused...i mis spoke...anybody who wanted sunday ticket with directv could get it...can't say that with just broadband

Im confused...i mis spoke...anybody who wanted sunday ticket with directv could get it...can't say that with just broadband
How about the people that could not afford DirecTV, were they part of your equations?

Then they can't afford the new higher price for sunday ticket
Actually if they have YTTV, Sunday Ticket is less then what DirecTV charged for it, DirecTV is more by itself.

DirecTV Entertainment Package ( and 3 boxes) with their new first 2 year pricing-$104.35 a month/$1252.20 year

YTTV with Sunday Ticket $73 a month, plus $250 for Sunday Ticket-$1126 for the year.

So $126 less and that is with ST.

You only get 2 streams..redzone channel counts as a stream...the sunday ticket redzone was different than the non sunday ticket version..it wasn't delayed and had a different host
I strongly suspect YT and NFL know that most ST viewers don't use more than 2 streams, so it doesn't make sense to offer more than that, especially with the way that people "share" their accounts with people outside their household.

I strongly suspect YT and NFL know that most ST viewers don't use more than 2 streams, so it doesn't make sense to offer more than that, especially with the way that people "share" their accounts with people outside their household.
The gamblers who buy ST need more than 2 streams...thats why they invented the redzone channel..your casual nfl fan won't buy that premium package for $500..most only want 1 team..instead of adding bells and whistles..google could add a fee for each additional stream

Actually if they have YTTV, Sunday Ticket is less then what DirecTV charged for it, DirecTV is more by itself.

DirecTV Entertainment Package ( and 3 boxes) with their new first 2 year pricing-$104.35 a month/$1252.20 year

YTTV with Sunday Ticket $73 a month, plus $250 for Sunday Ticket-$1126 for the year.

So $126 less and that is with ST.
You keep mentioning having to add Boxes for D*'s service, while its true, unless like my package is an All Inclusive package, you have failed to add the Device you have to get in order to have YT (TV) ST, that would be another Roku or a Firestick .... that IS a cost as well.

Also, I don't need the Internet to have D*.

Just saying ...

The gamblers who buy ST need more than 2 streams...thats why they invented the redzone channel..your casual nfl fan won't buy that premium package for $500..most only want 1 team..instead of adding bells and whistles..google could add a fee for each additional stream
Juan, ncted is correct ...
He said Most, which is correct, most people don't need more than 2 streams.

Gamblers can have thier own package ... Make it Gamblers Zone +, make even More money.
Fantasy players have thier own channel, why not Gamblers ....

I don't waste My money on them, but I'm sure there are those out there.

Fwiw, how many streams can you watch at one time in a NORMAL home ....
I don't know ANYONE that has 2 or more TV's in the same room, sitting next to one another ....

You keep mentioning having to add Boxes for D*'s service, while its true, unless like my package is an All Inclusive package, you have failed to add the Device you have to get in order to have YT (TV) ST, that would be another Roku or a Firestick .... that IS a cost as well.

Just saying ...
Since most TVs have the app built in for the last 5 years, not usually a issue.

But if you wish to do a true apples to apples comparison-

DirecTV Entertainment with 3 boxes ( 1st one free) 104.35 x 24 months ( because of the 2 year agreement)=$2504.40

YTTV with 3 Roku 4K Sticks ($50 each) $73 x 24 $1752 + $150=$1902, so a $600 difference, enough for 2 years of ST for the same price of DirecTV without.

Why is that always a defense in a debate about streaming.

If I had DirecTV, Dish, Spectrum, etc I would still have broadband.

The reason why is because it is used for so much more then streaming-

Reading news or other information
Communications , since I live in a rural area, use wifi calling on my cell phone because cell service sucks here, or use the Alexa to video chat with family, then of course e-mails, texting, etc.
Shopping
Banking and Investments
Paying bills
Taxes
Gaming for some

I just returned to employment 2 months ago after being retired for 4 years, so it is used for research and writing reports, also to keep in contact with the offices.

So since I work from home, you could say having it makes me money, so it is more then free then to use for streaming.

Since most TVs have the app built in for the last 5 years, not usually a issue.

But if you wish to do a true apples to apples comparison-

DirecTV Entertainment with 3 boxes ( 1st one free) 104.35 x 24 months ( because of the 2 year agreement)=$2504.40

YTTV with 3 Roku 4K Sticks ($50 each) $73 x 24 $1752 + $150=$1902, so a $600 difference, enough for 2 years of ST for the same price of DirecTV without.
These are the Same Apps that you and others would NEVER use ?
You guys always say Never use the TV's Apps.

I think you guys have stock in aftermarket App devices.

I'd also sub to a lot of the ancillary streaming services even if I had D*, which is why I don't include them in the overall cost comparison.

Most others do/ would as well, which is why I don't think it comes up more often as it's kind of a disingenuous argument to make.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
Why is that always a defense in a debate about streaming.

If I had DirecTV, Dish, Spectrum, etc I would still have broadband.

The reason why is because it is used for so much more then streaming-

Reading news or other information
Communications , since I live in a rural area, use wifi calling on my cell phone because cell service sucks here, or use the Alexa to video chat with family, then of course e-mails, texting, etc.
Shopping
Banking and Investments
Paying bills
Taxes
Gaming for some

I just returned to employment 2 months ago after being retired for 4 years, so it is used for research and writing reports, also to keep in contact with the offices.

So since I work from home, you could say having it makes me money, so it is more then free then to use for streaming.
Yes, most have Internet for other things as well ....
However, its not Necessary to have it with D* ...

You tout daily how great all the streaming is, and for the most part it is, it has given people another option for TV ... thats all it is, is another option.

I like my Sat delivered service fine and I, like you can afford either option.

You like to point out that its so much cheaper, and at the moment, it may be, but it is quickly catching up with Sat and Cable price wise.

You can afford all this stuff as well, so a few dollars more for what you want is what you go for ...

Your not broke barely getting by either.

Fwiw, there may be some that are.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZ.