Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

The 2 stream limit really hinders folks who have man caves with multiple TV's set up. Heck I dont have a man cave (I live in an apartment) ;) but when I had RZ through Sling last season I had one TV just on that with my main TV for flipping between the 2 games in the timeslot on local TV. If I was a smart man, I would get NFL ST without Red Zone, then add Red Zone via the sports pack for the 4 months. Gives you a 3rd stream option for Red Zone. If you get NFL ST + RZ package its only 2 streams.
That might bother a few people, but I can see the reason why they want to limit the streams.

Reactions: Mr Tony and meStevo
Yup, now just about every Directv, Dish, Comcast, Spectrum, Frontier (they still a thing?), AT&T, Verizon (that still a thing?) sub, and people that don't sub to ANYTHING can get ST. And at a fair price, especially with the discount.
Yes, both Frontier and Verizon are still things. The both sell a lot of fiber broadband.

Yup, now just about every Directv, Dish, Comcast, Spectrum, Frontier (they still a thing?), AT&T, Verizon (that still a thing?) sub, and people that don't sub to ANYTHING can get ST. And at a fair price, especially with the discount.
Yes..all those profitable companies still exist..

Reactions: ncted

Yes, both Frontier and Verizon are still things. The both sell a lot of fiber broadband.
I think he meant for video. Verizon still does Fios (last I checked) but Frontier dropped their video (I think they were partnering with Dish) and on the frontier site its about YTTV

Reactions: ncted and Yespage
I think he meant for video. Verizon still does Fios (last I checked) but Frontier dropped their video (I think they were partnering with Dish) and on the frontier site its about YTTV
Both Frontier and Fios are dropping their video services, Fios started offering YTTV back in 2019, Frontier a few weeks ago, WOW ( wide open west) no longer offers video service to new customers, recommends YTTV, but does not bundle.

Yes..all those profitable companies still exist..
They are profitable because of broadband, not because of video service, Frontier just came out of Chapter 11, so only profitable because they rid themselves of a lot of debt, much like Sinclair/Diamond/Bally’s is trying to do with the RSNs.

Reactions: ncted
Both Frontier and Fios are dropping their video services, Fios started offering YTTV back in 2019, Frontier a few weeks ago, WOW ( wide open west) no longer offers video service to new customers, recommends YTTV, but does not bundle.

They are profitable because of broadband, not because of video service, Frontier just came out of Chapter 11, so only profitable because they rid themselves of a lot of debt, much like Sinclair/Diamond/Bally’s is trying to do with the RSNs.
Fios is not dropping their video service

Fios is not dropping their video service
Amazing how you never believe the links, here is another-

The telecom giant has been shifting its video focus away from FiOS TV to partnerships with third-party streaming services as it positions itself as a key distributor for them.

You do know they are down to a tad above 3 million video subs after losing more then 300,000 in 2022, they would easily become more profitable if they dropped video and just provide broadband, hence why they are promoting YTTV.

Not a Fair price ....

It was said it was going to be SOOOO much cheaper....
Theres no way Youtube will offer it under $300 a season, thats what D* determined people would pay ....

Don't give me the well you have to pay for a year of D* ... thats just spin.

$400 is TOOOOOOOOOO much for the ST.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamCdbs
Not a Fair price ....

It was said it was going to be SOOOO much cheaper....
Theres npo way Youtube will offer it under $300 a season, thats what D* determined people would pay ....
It is if you are a YTTV subscriber, I paid $250.
Don't give me the well you have to pay for a year of D* ... thats just spin.

$400 is TOOOOOOOOOO much for the ST.
Again, it was never offered before as a stand-alone service, if DirecTV was able to sell it on it’s own, it probably would have been more expensive also, since they would not be making money from a DirecTV subscription.

For every prospective customer with maybe the lone exception being DirecTV subs who were getting it at a discount or a special program, this is massively cheaper. Easily thousands per year cheaper vs having to have Directv to get it, for me.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
And of course its not available to everyone ....

They originally made it sound like All providers would be able to offer it.

It's still tied to 1 company.

Just a different company ... you youtube guys are happy, of course, just like us D* people were happy for the last 20+ years.

• Haha
Reactions: SamCdbs and meStevo
And of course its not available to everyone ....

They originally made it sound like All providers would be able to offer it.

It's still tied to 1 company.

Just a different company ... you youtube guys are happy, of course, just like us D* people were happy for the last 20+ years.

It's available to everyone with a competent internet connection (so virtually everyone), a much larger base than those willing to pay thousands for DirecTV annually as a prerequisite.

I've never heard anyone credibly predict that 'all providers' would offer it, lol. NFL deals in exclusivity, because they can and because it yields the most money.

I'm happy even with this setup even if I didn't have YouTube TV.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
It's available to everyone with a competent internet connection (so virtually everyone), a much larger base than those willing to pay thousands for DirecTV annually as a prerequisite.

I've never heard anyone credibly predict that 'all providers' would offer it, lol. NFL deals in exclusivity, because they can and because it yields the most money.

I'm happy even with this setup even if I didn't have YouTube TV.
It Was suppose to be available to Any Provider that wanted it, was what the NFL talked about in the beginning, until they decided to narrow thier options and make it Only available to Streamers.

It Was suppose to be available to Any Provider that wanted it, was what the NFL talked about in the beginning, until they decided to narrow thier options and make it Only available to Streamers.
Which is about 90% of the United States, so basically everyone.

Which is about 90% of the United States, so basically everyone.
Everyone Except Cable Operators, or Sat Operators or Fiber operators ....
So, Ya, available to Everyone .... except its not.

Also, being available to and being affordable is not the same.

When I have to pay over $500 to watch 12 games a year, thats ridiculous.
They are typically on Network probably 4 times a year, somewhere.

Not really..broadband is AVAILABLE in 90% of the country..directv was AVAILABLE in 100% of the country
And the vast majority of the United States households did not want it.

Comcast is a regional Cable Company, not available to all of the United States, yet always had more subscribers for paid Live TV then DirecTV.

So, what is your point?