Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

Rather than have it lost in a very, very long discussion, thought I'd add this on its own. There is no more ambiguity.

The highlights:
  • Residential package only.
  • Absolutely available stand-alone
  • Nothing new on 4K
  • No pricing yet.
Multiscreen yes.

Good article, thanks. I wonder if this means just recording of the games to watch later or also basic pause/rewind while watching live?

I also confirmed a key difference between buying Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV over the main YouTube app: only YouTube TV will offer DVR features, per YouTube spokesperson Allison Toh.

Good article, thanks. I wonder if this means just recording of the games to watch later or also basic pause/rewind while watching live?
I don't know and while I know this is important to many people, I'm just not into recording sports events. If I can't watch...I can't watch. I'll find the highlights somewhere.

That said, I would guess, if you're a YTTV subscriber, there's a better chance of DVR than standalone through YT Primetime Channels.

Reactions: SamCdbs
Well, I have decided to go back to YTTV.

Checking my points’ balance on my PNC Credit Card convinced me to do it, have over 800,000 points, each $250 Google Play Card is a tad over 100,000 points.

So I will get about 6 of them, which will easily take care of a year+ of YTTV and whatever ST will cost, then I will let the points build up again.

In comparison, you can get other stuff with the points, for example I saw the Nintendo Switch OLED version, which is $339 at the stores, but it was over 400,000 points, so the Gift Cards are a better bargain.

Reactions: DaveKL69
Nothing new on 4K

NFLST gets the feeds from the networks. Unless/until Fox and CBS start producing games in 4K there is no way for the NFLST rights holder to broadcast them in 4K.

And there's no way Fox and CBS will produce them in 4K until they have a critical mass of stations able to broadcast in 4K and people to watch in 4K. Since they won't make a single penny of additional revenue from showing ads on games in 4K the prospects for that happening anytime soon are very dim.[/url]

Reactions: SamCdbs
So Directv paid less money but also was allowed to sell it to commercial venues? Youtube paid about a billion more but won't be able to sell it the bars etc?
Yes, Directv had a very limited number of possible customers, too. Google has an exponentially higher number of possible subscribers with decent broadband as the only barrier to entry.

No requirement for a dish and an expensive subscription to go with it. Google has the potential to actually make money with this. They won't be giving it away like Directv was to keep customers from fleeing.

Reactions: Yespage
The answer is in the question, Sunday Ticket. Don't need to buy anything else.
Also, is $300 that big of a deal, in a world of buying new phones every year, PS5, XBOX, how about taking a family of 4 to one NFL Game, that definitely is over $300, especially with the extras.

Reactions: John2021