GoogleTV

How exactly does your link answer any of the questions I posed? You linked to a technical support page -- I don't have any questions about how the box works, what it does, how you hook it up, etc. Read my post again, please. My questions concern price, contractual commitments, fees and possible (expected!?!) limitations imposed upon this product by Charlie.

Please don't ask us to stop speculating about these things. If you take speculation, conjecture and rumors off the table, we will have nothing to talk about. :)

And I'm saying that between reading DISH's GoogleTV page and going over the support documentation on the Logitech site... the only question that isn't answered is any (if at all) contractual commitments. There's more pages there besides how to plug the box in. It also tells you what boxes are supported and what functions you can do with or w/o the added Charlie-tax on your account.

I received a call from someone in Dish's administrative office regarding my GTV ordering fiasco this past weekend. He assured me that my order has been placed and indicated that Dish hoped to begin shipping the units next week. He also confirmed the $4 month fee and explicitly indicated that there would be no commitment for purchasing GTV through Dish. Hope this information helps.

It was great to receive this call after the problems I had on Sunday. This individual was extremely professional and seemed 100% on top of everything. The only negative was that he promised to e-mail me his phone number so that I could check on the order status, but I never got the contact information (at least not yet, anyway). Nice to know that my situation didn't slip through the cracks.

davpel said:
I received a call from someone in Dish's administrative office regarding my GTV ordering fiasco this past weekend. He assured me that my order has been placed and indicated that Dish hoped to begin shipping the units next week. He also confirmed the $4 month fee and explicitly indicated that there would be no commitment for purchasing GTV through Dish. Hope this information helps.

It was great to receive this call after the problems I had on Sunday. This individual was extremely professional and seemed 100% on top of everything. The only negative was that he promised to e-mail me his phone number so that I could check on the order status, but I never got the contact information (at least not yet, anyway). Nice to know that my situation didn't slip through the cracks.

Called E* to order GoogleTV and whine about Fox Sports and ESPNews HD drops. Was told that NO more orders are being taken as the first batch of available units are allocated. 1-2 weeks at least for a resupply. Then tried to argue about the fact that I already paid for the now "free" channels they are giving us. Asked about a credit or some PPV coupons. Joked about them not being too helpful and they quickly shuffled me off the line. So much for the Platinum customer designation. Meanwhile, 30 seconds later a PPV coupon hits my email. Oh well. A booby prize....

Hi

I talk to someone at the executive offices and could not place an order for the Revue Google TV box. He told me they did not have anything on stock so it was imposible to place an order for me or for anyone else today or before today because they do not have a delivery ETA for the Revue box. But he offered to pre-order and charge my credit card $179.00 plus $15.00 for shipping and that the charge was going to be effective today but the shipping of the box was without ETA. I decided to make the pre-order, but guess what? when I started giving him my credit card number he quickly told me that he was sorry but he could not make the pre-order either. Told him about people allready reporting having orders for the box and he told me that could not be since they do not have any inventory for Google TV yet.

So, after that I talked to him about the Fox channels issue and how it was not fair for subcribers of their top packages because the channels being offered we already are paying for them. So he gave me 3 pay-per view movies.

Have tried to order the Google Box a few times already and still no success.

To dish if you are viewing this site, allow for the pre-orders and then send out the box as they become available. One per customer, just as amazon and other retailers are doing.

Dish sometimes your business practice is dumb getting the order up fonts allows you to know how many of the boxes should be ordered.

Will you be able to access websites that stream content but might require a plug-in or other software to be installed? For example, a site like channelsurfing.net?

Sory off subject here but just to offer an update on my last comment. I just got Dish to give me a $5 dollar disccount of my bill for the next 7 months and 3 Pay-Per view coupons for the Fox issue. Nothing yet on Google TV.

I essentially got the same call as I also had the same thing happen to me. I was told the ship date would most likely be the 21st but couldn't promise (new tech, etc, etc.). He did say I would get an email when it shipped (or if any probes arose).

I'm a little confused about how the Revue will work with my VIP622.

Can I view a channel guide using the Revue and change channels/record programs?

I'm a little confused about how the Revue will work with my VIP622.

Can I view a channel guide using the Revue and change channels/record programs?

Yes. There's a separate DISH app on the Revue that will bring up a guide from what I understand.

Huh. It looks like GoogleTV can't search Netflix either?

Maybe not at the moment, other Netflix apps have only recently received the ability to search the entire Netflix catalog. I wouldn't be surprised if an update wasn't added in the future to add Netflix as a searchable app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts