GoogleTV

It could, after all Roku has MLB Extra Innings now too. :)

Google TV can really put a interesting twist to current contract negotiations. Read online that Google TV is talking with Hulu to give access to anyone that has a Hulu Plus subscription. It cost an extra $10.00 a month, but you will be able to access any network shows, including Fox. So even if Fox goes black on Dish Network on Nov. 1, Google TV will already exist by then. Charlie will just tell everyone to get Google TV and access it through Hulu. Maybe Charlie had all of this thought out. :rolleyes:

Yes because paying an extra $10 to Hulu instead of getting what you're paying for on Dish is a great alternative... either way I'm sure Charlie would love for you to sign up for a new 2 year agreement in the process and opt into an optional integration fee. That'll tell'em.

Unless the Google TV lets me watch my DVR recordings somewhere other than my main TV (ie computer, cell, other household TV), it is not much more than a glorified HTPC that accepts and HD input, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I'll ever pay $200 for a device that provides an advertising conduit into my house, other than TV, Cell, Computer, etc that at least have a primary mission.

Miner

Yes because paying an extra $10 to Hulu instead of getting what you're paying for on Dish is a great alternative... either way I'm sure Charlie would love for you to sign up for a new 2 year agreement in the process and opt into an optional integration fee. That'll tell'em.

Where do you see anything about a new 2 year agreement for Google TV?

That makes their deal more attractive. You could always cancel integration and still use the box.

Can this thing see my Windows Media Center shares? I use an XBox at each TV to get my streaming media through the house. If this can integrate that, I might consider getting one on discount.

That makes their deal more attractive. You could always cancel integration and still use the box.

Can this thing see my Windows Media Center shares? I use an XBox at each TV to get my streaming media through the house. If this can integrate that, I might consider getting one on discount.

On the Logitech Revue pages there is a description of various apps that come on the Revue. One is called Logitech Media Player.

It says:
Logitech Media Player

Access your photos, music, and videos from your computer.

If you take advantage of the 'special offer' from Dish, you have to agree to a 2-year agreement with Dish.

As much research as I have done with Google TV, there has been no mention of current subscribers have to sign up for an additional 2 year contract? Show me a press release or a link that states your fact.

As much research as I have done with Google TV, there has been no mention of current subscribers have to sign up for an additional 2 year contract? Show me a press release or a link that states your fact.

Looks like it was speculation from page nine of this thread, otherwise what is to stop people from reselling or allowing dish to recoup costs on a subsidized box. Dish isn't exactly a company that gives anything away.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

If you take the Dish offer, is the Google TV box yours to own? What I mean is that if I pay $200 to upgrade to the 922, that box is just leased and has to be sent back to Dish if you ever cancel your subscription. So, if you get GTV from Dish for $179, do you get to keep it if you ever leave Dish?

Mine is on order and should be at my door by Tuesday. I asked the CSR 3 times to verify that there is no commitment required and he said the purchase puts me under no service obligation. I can't wait.

Mine is on order and should be at my door by Tuesday. I asked the CSR 3 times to verify that there is no commitment required and he said the purchase puts me under no service obligation. I can't wait.

How did you go about ordering it. I've tried like 10 times and the CSRs always tell me that it will be several weeks until they can place an order?

How did you go about ordering it. I've tried like 10 times and the CSRs always tell me that it will be several weeks until they can place an order?

I just called and attempted to order one. They even went so far as to bill my CC and told me it would arrive in three days. Then, all of a sudden, there was a problem. I got put on hold and of course disconnected. I discover one of my 622s has been dropped from my account. They never call back so I do and this time told the Google TV is not yet available. They offer to credit back my $179 or use it toward my account. She has no date for when the Google TV will be available. She has no idea why the 622 was removed and reactivates it (actually I better go make sure it was).

Didn't even have time to c/o about not having FX.

I just called and attempted to order one. They even went so far as to bill my CC and told me it would arrive in three days. Then, all of a sudden, there was a problem. I got put on hold and of course disconnected. I discover one of my 622s has been dropped from my account. They never call back so I do and this time told the Google TV is not yet available. They offer to credit back my $179 or use it toward my account. She has no date for when the Google TV will be available. She has no idea why the 622 was removed and reactivates it (actually I better go make sure it was).

Didn't even have time to c/o about not having FX.

Same thing here. Got to love Dish Network! Over 1.5 hours with various CSRs, multiple disconnects, order placed, credit card processed, order cancelled, no credit card refund. Ultimately told that we never should have been able to order it, as it has been pushed back several weeks. Expect it at end of month, earliest. Was specifically told to order from BB/Amazon if I wanted one sooner. I guess now I have to decide how much Dish integration is worth it for me.

I just called & the CSR told me that the box will not be available until Oct 18.

Same thing here. Got to love Dish Network! Over 1.5 hours with various CSRs, multiple disconnects, order placed, credit card processed, order cancelled, no credit card refund. Ultimately told that we never should have been able to order it, as it has been pushed back several weeks. Expect it at end of month, earliest. Was specifically told to order from BB/Amazon if I wanted one sooner. I guess now I have to decide how much Dish integration is worth it for me.

I was told the same thing - to order it through an outside retailer - although semi-comically she suggested Circuit City instead of Amazon. It be nice if you could do so and have Dish refund the difference.

When you tried to order was there any mention of a monthly DVR integration fee? The CSR did not Say anything about it to me.

I am tempted to break my early adopter rule on this, for the DLNA. That Dish price is good and the no commitment thing. HMMM. My living room Xbox I use for media is very old. It is pretty loud (unlike the new ones).

I might jump in on this. I'm going to give myself a 48 hour cool off period, before I make a purchase, though.

OK, so I have a PS3s, which have a browser, limited though, on my TVs and they also stream Netflix (and MLB in 3D). And I have several laptops. I just don't see a reason to spend $180 to do what I have been doing for years, using my laptop while watching TV or streaming Netfix, or using the online web portal to schedule movies on my Vip receivers. Am I missing anything?

Last edited: