Got my 10ft install BUT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
So I got my 10 ft all install but I never got the center plates. They are being sent to me but won't be here for a week I guess so they say. Is there anything I can put in the middle until I get them in the mail? I want to try her out but the dish won't work without them will it??

Are you talking about a plate that covers the hole where the narrow ends of the mesh panels come together?

If so, it is not necessary as long as it is not required to help maintain the parabolic shape or to attach it to the polar mount.

On a prime focus dish the feed/scalar shades an area in the enter of the dish, so you don't get much if any signal reflection from that part of the reflector anyway.

Of course you would need it on a buttonhook-style dish to hold the feed support.

Ok thank you so much.
IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0356.JPG

Looks like you have pretty much everything you need. As phlatwound points out, the feed horn blocks whatever signal the "hole" might reflect.

My plates were taped together and wrapped around a piece of cardboard. Really skinny and rattled around in the box with the mount. Would of been easy to accidentally thrown away.

Still can't pick up 101 I don't understand this. 99w and 103w great signal but no 101

Yep, that is the problem. :)

I guess I never really thought about it because 99w 97w work and that's going more into the tree. It's just the tree right above it? Or the ones across road too?? Yes I need to just buy a saw now lol

I guess I never really thought about it because 99w 97w work and that's going more into the tree. It's just the tree right above it? Or the ones across road too?? Yes I need to just buy a saw now lol

IF that's aimed right now at 101W, then you need to cut the tree that's showing up through the middle. 99w would be to the LEFT, and 103W to the right. They are strong enough that the openings to the left and right lets through enough signal to work for you.

All those limbs around the edges are "shading" your signal, and that makes it in effect as if your dish is MUCH smaller.

IMG_0360.JPG

That's one branch. It just started raining. Tell me if that made it any better looking.

View attachment 127157

That's one branch. It just started raining. Tell me if that made it any better looking.

What did you do on this photo? Did you move the dish to a different side, or just take another photo from a slight angle?

You need to remember that the actual signal is around the diameter of a pencil when it starts out. A large turned leaf can ruin reception enough that you have problems.

Took the picture in the same spot but there is a branch gone at the top. The trees way out are across the road I can't cut them as they r not mine.

In front of the dish, the open area facing the target satellite must be as large as the reflector. Even though the satellite is a speck in space, the pick up area is as large as reflector and any foliage will block the satellite signal from reaching the reflector.

Anyone need any fire wood for the winter hehehe

It might just be a lot less work to MOVE the dish pole to a better place. If there's no way, clear the arc as much as you can with the trees that you own.

Or set a new pole, and pick the dish and mount off this one, and plop it on the new pole.

Ooooo Man U want to help do that then???? lol u should have seen what I went threw just to do this. I only own 0.42 acres. Tell where the heck u want me to put that bc my house takes up about 0.35 acres so I got nuthing left but my driveway lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)