Hard Drive Bargain Watch

Seagate Free Agent 500 at Office Max.....
$179.99 - $60 Instant rebate
I thought $119 was decent

That's what I paid for mine a few weeks ago. Five year warranty, nice slim form factor, just disable the sleep mode and they work like a champ. :up

NightRyder

Seagate 750gb 16mb buffer PATA internal HD @ Best Buy - $169.99. No rebates, OTD price.

Looks like an unadvertised special, I got the last one @ my local Best Buy.

I've had an external case ready for just such an occasion. Cost me $10 on ebay.

While I realize for $180 I could have gotten the 750 WD, I still prefer building my own drive with separates.

Got this drive today at staples, seems to work ok.

cool - I noticed it only has an 8 mb cache... does that really affect HD playback vs the 16 mb? I probably will never need an external drive because 55 hours is more than enough hd tv for me, we watch mainly recurring shows that can be deleted after viewing, and movies etc. we rent through the mail at blockbuster.

FreeAgent 750 GB

I got the Seagate FreeAgent 750 GB external over the weekend at Best Buy for $199. It's a sleek and modern-looking device. Costco had the same drive for the same price.

I read some reports that it has problems with sleep mode, but no problems here. If it goes to sleep, when you access the drive for the first time through the 622 it wakes up and works fine.

Jeff

Thanks for the heads up- i check staples often but website doesn't list this drive without checking circular. For the 50.00 after rebates and Staples easy returns I'll give this a shot. :up

No problem. I live a bit outside the DFW metroplex, so I wasn't able to attempt a purchase until today, and they are sold out all over the place. But, I really don't need one anyways. Hopefully some of you were lucky and hooked up with one.

No problem. I live a bit outside the DFW metroplex, so I wasn't able to attempt a purchase until today, and they are sold out all over the place. But, I really don't need one anyways. Hopefully some of you were lucky and hooked up with one.
Sold out when I got to my local Staples, worker said to try Tuesday night or Wednesday, hard to believe they'll get more at that price:(

Sold out when I got to my local Staples, worker said to try Tuesday night or Wednesday, hard to believe they'll get more at that price:(

Same here. I was told it was a closeout of an already discounted sale item. No more to be had.

Anyone ever tried one of these?
M261-8100-main.jpg

Fantom / Titanium-II / 200GB / 7200 / 2MB / USB 2.0 / External Hard Drive (Refurbished)

Only $69 to start with $59 after $10 rebate.

Best Buy (CLEARANCE so YMMV)

Maxtor Basics Personal Storage 3200
320 GB
7200 RPM
USB 2.0

on clearance for about $47 at our local store. A friend of mine picked up three and sold one to me.

i bought a 500gb maxtor basics personal storage 3200 at BB for $89 dollars, but they only had one so not sure how wide this price is. Not even offered online so maybe is old stock. said usual price was 169

BJ's Has WD Mybook 500 for $139.00 not bad now that prices have gone up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)