have on-demand menu button, doesn't work!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I have the on demand menu button in the menu but it doesn't work for some reason. When I click it nothing happens. My netowork is setup and working, and I followed the steps in the process to activate it. What can I do to fix it?
thanks

I have the on demand menu button in the menu but it doesn't work for some reason. When I click it nothing happens. My netowork is setup and working, and I followed the steps in the process to activate it. What can I do to fix it?
thanks

I think D* is activating this feature slowly. Patience grasshopper!

Try Inputing the channel 1000 with your remote manually if it doesnt have anything loaded, then thats y the ON demand button doesnt work. it takes time to download all info

when i enter 1000 it says "no such channel" or channel not available or something like that. What does that mean?

They must be working on it, when I go to it, either way, channel 1000 or the tab in the menu it says " Currently not available" ...

Jimbo

Be patient... it took mine three weeks before it was turned on after I did the keyword.

Also, you like myself may find it a cool novelty for a couple of days and then be done with it. They do not have any HD content available to download yet, and the SD content they do have is what I would call "B-List". Don't expect to be downloading the latest network sitcoms or dramas. The only thing I have downloaded was an episode of "Dirty Jobs", and an episode of "Dog the Bounty Hunter".

With all the HD we have now, I am enjoying that much more.

Just wanted you to know that the first time I ever downloaded a CE was this past Friday. I did however have my network connection with the HR20 up and running for weeks. Just wanted to let you know that this morning all the VOD channels just showed up. Some of the channel say channel not available while others come in fine. NGC and Starz are coming in fine for me but each time I view say Starz (ie five minutes apart) I see more content. I believe all the channels will be available sometime today its just taking a while to download everything. Also I did start downloading a couple of movies from Starz On Demand and everything worked without a hitch. The two movies however are downloading a tad bit slow but for those like me who just need to play it from the start to the end without needing to fast forward it downloads more than enough to play it within seconds of starting the download.

Also all of these channels got activated the first day of my brand new billing cycle but just before I could see the new statement online. I did see a new line that says HR20 New Service or something like that under the view my last activity line. But I can say without a doubt that these channels didn't exist on my box before this past midnight. My statement ends on October 15th and the channels showed up today. I read another post on DBSTalk that said he/she got activated right around the new billing statement cycle so I'm thinking this has a good deal to do with the activation.

Be patient... it took mine three weeks before it was turned on after I did the keyword.

Also, you like myself may find it a cool novelty for a couple of days and then be done with it. They do not have any HD content available to download yet, and the SD content they do have is what I would call "B-List". Don't expect to be downloading the latest network sitcoms or dramas. The only thing I have downloaded was an episode of "Dirty Jobs", and an episode of "Dog the Bounty Hunter".

With all the HD we have now, I am enjoying that much more.

Joe,
I have been up for over a month now, you are correct,I find it to be a novilty, nothing I cannot do without, but decided to network the system anyways.
I haven't found too much on it I would consider worthwhile, but thats just one persons opinion (mine).
When I did D/L something, it was very slow, almost the same time it would take to watch it. Is it suppose to be quick ?

My internet currently only supports as high a 3.0, Verizon is DEFINATLY dragging thier feet here in my area.....
Rumor has it they will have 7-10 in the next 6 months, no word on price though.

Jimbo

my on-demand channels just showed up today as well. I talked to a coworker today and she told me she gets the nbc station from chicago. I applied for waivers last summer (2006) but was turned down because I live too close to the towers. How can she , who lives closer than i do to the towers, get nbc and the local nbc turn me down for waivers?

Last edited:
My on demand channels became active today as well. Seems like a novelty, but still very cool to have.

Joe,
I have been up for over a month now, you are correct,I find it to be a novilty, nothing I cannot do without, but decided to network the system anyways.
I haven't found too much on it I would consider worthwhile, but thats just one persons opinion (mine).
When I did D/L something, it was very slow, almost the same time it would take to watch it. Is it suppose to be quick ?

My internet currently only supports as high a 3.0, Verizon is DEFINATLY dragging thier feet here in my area.....
Rumor has it they will have 7-10 in the next 6 months, no word on price though.

Jimbo

I agree... content wise there is nothing that is intriguing to me. I have a 1.5mb DSL line. I pay $20 a month for it, and cannot justify going any higher for the price and what we use it for. I can get up to 6mb and pay $50.

My "VOD" is my DVR. I set it to record the shows I want to watch and it does it automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)