Have WealthHD made it into your favorites?

It's HD so I like it. I don't foresee me watching it much because I really don't need loaded people rubbing their moola in my face. LOL

Seriously, I will watch it every so often, but it's not going to be in my favorites! :)

I guess Im just not affluent enough to appreciate this channel. ANyone need a 29 million dollar jet? Everyone picked out the right Tux for the debutante ball?

I'm still evaluating it, but I think I will add it. I may watch a couple of shows like "Great Cars" and "Private Jets".

I like the channel. It is basically a cross between the Travel channel, Fine Dining and Ultra HD (less the runway stuff). The only thing I don’t like is the inconsistent PQ. Some programs look great while others are only SD quality.

No--as I won't be subbing to the Va Va Voom, but can get it free on C-band, so not too attached to it per se.

I voted No only because Hell No was not an option. The programming doesn't interest me, they show a lot of SD material and the HD certainly isn't eye candy. I can't see Thurston and Lovey bragging about Wealth TV at this time. Having said that, I am glad to see the channel added to the lineup and, hopefully, it will improve over time.

It's lousy. A lot of unconverted SD and generally a faux sense of affluence in their design and presentation. Their crown 'W' bug is emblematic: Too big, too complex and quite inelegant.

'Great Cars' is OK, but SD, and I'm almost sure we've seen it elsewhere before. 'Live to tape' with Charlie Jones could be interesting, but hopefully the guests get better than Robert Wagner. 'Etiquette 101' had good PQ but vapid content. What I saw of Wealth TV News was poorly written and amateurish.

Also a ton of public service announcements as ads. Something strange about seeing an ad for inner city literacy during a show on yachts.

I voted no because I don't maintain any list of favorites. I'm happy to have more HD, and I'd like to have more time to evaluate the channel. Right now, I'd have to say that this ranks about where I would rank the AUCTION channel. I saw the show about the 29 million dollar jet for sale, and the Charlie Jones interview with Robert Wagner. They were OK--not great.

Watched it the other day because it showed the beautiful city and country I am from...San Juan, Puerto Rico. I had never seen ANY kind of programing about Puerto Rico in HD and it made me miss my island even more! I have see a few of the shows pertaining to travel destinations and such and its very cool. But then again, ALMOST ANYTHING is cool when in HD!

Feel free to ignore this post; I just needed to rant.

>>>>

I say, give the bandwidth back to channels that deserve it.

In fact I would like to get rid of half of the SD channels, but almost everyone seems so happy to get more channels. If they turn into an E*/D* with less quality and a crap load of useless channels, then what does V* buy us except a few additional semi-HD quality channels. I won't complain if V* has real reserve bandwidth and the quality returns once they figure out the new encoder. However if this situation has not improved by the time my contract is up, I will have to re-evaluate my options.

Fortunately, I have decent HD cable service which is actually delivering better video quality than V* at the moment. If my contract ended today, I would terminate my service without any hesitation. At the moment I would not feel too bad if V* went under, except many people are not as fortunate to have alternate access to decent HD service.

Although, I have high hopes for the home solution DVR. It might be the only other reason for sticking around, should it get released before or around the same time my contract ends. My contract ends early Fall / late Summer, which seems to correspond to the time I think the DVR will released.

>>>>>

I have one I idea that would save a lot of bandwidth and make someone a lot of money. Somebody needs to start up a sports only satellite service. All the bars and restaurants would switch over in a heart beat, as I would expect the service would be much cheaper without having to pay all the extras they don't care for and would never show. The most difficult part would require someone to wrestle the NFL contact from D*. Ultimately, I think it would make the sport fanatics and sport haters equally happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)