HD EXTRA PACK

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just signed with Direct. On my login it shows the channels but if you pick three month trial you see it trying to order a receiver for me even though I am all set. Those should be in the ultimate package anyway. There are a few channels I like-Palladia for one.

Rob

Yep glad I found this thread. Im trying to add the HD extra pack and its telling me that I also need a HD receiver. I have the Genie so there must be some kind of glitch in the system

Yep glad I found this thread. Im trying to add the HD extra pack and its telling me that I also need a HD receiver. I have the Genie so there must be some kind of glitch in the system

oh well, still can't add it back and probably will leave it like that for now....

I suspect DirecTV caught on to the glitch they had and fixed it so only new subscribers can now get the free 3 months.

I suspect DirecTV caught on to the glitch they had and fixed it so only new subscribers can now get the free 3 months.

Just tried again and I get

"The product you requested requires one of the following receivers. Please select a receiver below."

I've been getting the 3 month trial for nearly 5 years now. Although I can't remove it online anymore, I can use the automated phone system to do it. Just call and say "Cancel HD Extra Pack". Then within a couple of minutes, I can add back the free trial online as always.

Gary, maybe there is a mistake on your account regarding the types of receivers you have. If you look at your equipment online, what does it show?

I've been getting the 3 month trial for nearly 5 years now. Although I can't remove it online anymore, I can use the automated phone system to do it. Just call and say "Cancel HD Extra Pack". Then within a couple of minutes, I can add back the free trial online as always.

Gary, maybe there is a mistake on your account regarding the types of receivers you have. If you look at your equipment online, what does it show?

That is certainly possible, but so many have reported the same issue that it seems like there is a change in Directv's policy

It shows I have a Genie HD DVR Model: HR34-700 with 2 Genie Mini's Model: C31-700

It shows I have a Genie HD DVR Model: HR34-700 with 2 Genie Mini's Model: C31-700
Hmm... sounds like a bug in the web site then. I have a H21 and HR23 and get no warning, and those models are quite old, but definitely HD like yours. Have you tried adding it from THIS page using the "Activate Now" button?

Cancelled my HD Extra Pack yesterday via online and when I went to activate it today (same as always - $0.00 for 3 months)....I got the "The product you requested requires one of the following receivers. Please select a receiver below" message. I have a HR34 and an HR24 receivers on my account.

Called CSR and was told that could activate it over the phone (declined since it would have been $4.99 per month and NOT free as if it were activated online).

So is this CONFIRMED to be a DTV site glitch or is it something else? Also is this ONLY happening to us folks with the Genie HR34 receiver on our accounts or have others with the Genie been able to activate the HD Extra Pack online for FREE?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)