HD LiL for Atlanta set for Nov. 22?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
AT-9 Installation

Can someone with functional AT-9 installation in Atlanta post pictures of the screen shots of signal strenght for both sets of Sat 103 signals.
Is there only one active transponder ie #16
Doctor J

Thats I'll I'm seeing on mine, just one transponder working on 103.. getting a strength about 70

rstettne said:
Sounds like we are all having issues. My appointment was for 8-12 on Wednesday. At 11:50 I called the 1-800 # to the group that handle's the installs for my area (Local installer is Ron's TV) and the first lady I spoke to said she would call and leave a message for the installer and if I did not hear from him in 15 minutes to call back.
No call came so i called back. Talked to another lady there and she said there was a note on the order that the installer called in and said he was not trained on nor did he have the new equipment. It was 12:45 by now, waited nearly 5 hours for nothing. The only thing that kept me from exploding was the fact that I had a death in the family earlier in the week and decided that TV was not something I needed to get upset about.
The supervisor at the call center talked to the local installer supervisor and they are suppose to install Saturday morning. We will see....
Think some "free" premium channels is worth the aggravation? Should I call D*?
Did you not have 2 trucks in front of your house saturday?

conekiller said:
Installer told me they get paid the same for these installs as standard 18" installs, so none of the installers want to do these.

the tech lied, or was under misconception.

the at-9 dish upgrades and installs pay more than regular installs and upgrades.

Did you not have 2 trucks in front of your house saturday?
Yes I did. Install went ok, wasn't very happy where they placed the dish (mounted to the side of the house) but he refused to go on the roof.
The receiver seems very slow to tune, I hope that is fixed with a s/w patch. I also thought the receiver was interactive but it would not work yesterday with Sunday Ticket.
They also disconnected my antenna so I need to reconnect it to do a side by side compare between OTA and D*.

As for side by side, I would say D* HD feed is 98% as good as OTA... With OTA the overall colors are brighter, but its tough to tell... I notice it most when watching football and how the Red's and Whites of the uniforms are a little more pronounced with OTA... that being said, if I didn't have OTA, I wouldn't really be complaining...

OK, to summarize thus far, Ron's TV (where are they located please) is the installer of choice, & for all you peeps that got th eple install, I am assuming that your previud dish was on your roof/side of your house. Is that correct?
Having said that, when the pole was in the ground, they extended your existing lines to the pole with no hassle/extra cost, right? And the Biggie, where did they put the multi-switches? Mine is under my second story eave which is about 25 #$#%@& feet off the ground. If I can, I want a pole install in my back yard with the multi switch easily accessable.

edit: What's the best way to updgrade? The Southlake Mall Best Buy (Morrow) has lots of H20's, so should I just go buy one & call Direct or just call Direct from the beginning?

Ron's is in Austell and Lawrenceville. I actually talked to someone today (finally)! Seems they will go for a pole install unless it's absolutely impossible due to layout, obstructions, etc. Then the installer will call DTV to "get an ok" for an alternative mounting type. I'm still hoping for a roof mount next to my old dish.

I'm going to see if I can give the guy an extra $10 or so and have him pull a second feed to the same room in case I get a dual tuner PVR in the future. It should still fall within the 125' of cable allowed

rstettne said:
Yes I did. Install went ok, wasn't very happy where they placed the dish (mounted to the side of the house) but he refused to go on the roof.
The receiver seems very slow to tune, I hope that is fixed with a s/w patch. I also thought the receiver was interactive but it would not work yesterday with Sunday Ticket.
They also disconnected my antenna so I need to reconnect it to do a side by side compare between OTA and D*.
I would prefer the pole mount considering the heft of this dish myself. Well at least one thing for sure, you will not have any problems with your HOA;)

Who did your install and how much??

Is Ron's TV installers saying that there are absolutely no roof installs? I have tough HOA covenants (HMill) and that could be a deal breaker, unfortunately.

brooks said:
Is Ron's TV installers saying that there are absolutely no roof installs? I have tough HOA covenants (HMill) and that could be a deal breaker, unfortunately.
Seems to me a pole mount, close to the house, would be less obvious than a roof mount. I would not want a 50lb wind catcher on my roof.

Regardless of how tough Hamilton Mill can be, they still can not prevent you from having a Sat in your yard.

I talked to Ron's today. They said that if a pole mount is absolutely not doable that the installer will call DirecTV for direction. I talked to DTV and they will OK an alternative mounting method in those cases.

Some can't have a pole mount close to the house. The pole would have to be almost all the way to the street on the N side of my house to hit what I do with the dish on the roof.

RY-DMASupervisor said:
We have three offices in the atlanta market
Austell
Duluth (formerly L'ville)
Stockbridge

Could you provide the phone number of the Stockbridge office, as I actually live in Stockbridge. Also for the upgrade, do I arrange it with you directly? (i.e you bring the new H20 & take away my H10), also, I need (read willing to pay for) some additional cable as I want the multi switch somewhere that I can easily get my hands on it (right now it's about 28' off the ground under my gutters on the back of the house). Furthermore, since the H10 replaced the Tivo downstairs, the Tivo has migrated to my bedroom & I need to have that second line installed. Or do I call DirectTV directly & then go to Best Buy?

brooks said:

brooks, your HOA may have covenants, but they are uninforcible. Here is a link to the FCC website that has all the info you need to tell your HOA to stick it.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts