HD LiL for Atlanta set for Nov. 22?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
f300v10 said:
brooks, your HOA may have covenants, but they are uninforcible. Here is a link to the FCC website that has all the info you need to tell your HOA to stick it.
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html
Unforutunately His subdivision would spend millions trying to fight what is not in the guidleines regadless of what's legal. ( and they have the resources)

Not saying Brooks is but he does have some snobbish neighbors and very restrictive covenants-mandatory lawn service for example..

The installer called me and cancelled today also. He said that the job before me was running over because the customer wanted the wiring done in a particular way and he had to pull everything out and redo it. I'm now scheduled for Fri afternoon. Called DTV and got 3 months of free Showtime.

Kevinw said:
Unforutunately His subdivision would spend millions trying to fight what is not in the guidleines regadless of what's legal. ( and they have the resources)
Not saying Brooks is but he does have some snobbish neighbors and very restrictive covenants-mandatory lawn service for example..

Well its one thing to have 'mandatory lawn service', it another to try and enforce any rules that are in clear violation of federal law. The only 'wiggle room' in the guidelines deal with legitimate safety issues, or 'historic' preservation. And I doubt any metro Atlanta sub-division qualifies for the historic preservation clause.

f300v10 said:
Well its one thing to have 'mandatory lawn service', it another to try and enforce any rules that are in clear violation of federal law. The only 'wiggle room' in the guidelines deal with legitimate safety issues, or 'historic' preservation. And I doubt any metro Atlanta sub-division qualifies for the historic preservation clause.
No one has an outside antenna. those that have Dishes are all roof mounted or up high and on the back of houses.
I am not saying that the HOA for Hamilton Mill can't be beat, But they have the money and the stubburness to make your life miserable if they want to. This is a neighborhood that has residents that Ron White talks about--;)

One resident felt that the Mobile classrooms aka traliers, at the new grade school were there for the NON- Hamiltonn Mill children :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong, not all of the residents of the HM communitties are this way but enough are.

http://www.hamiltonmill.com/hm.htm

f300v10 said:

As an aside, there are quite a few Historic places all over the city formerly know as Terminus. Sherman burned the place twice & there are all kinds of pre-Civil War landmarks. When I was still in the service at Ft. McPherson we found out that they could not build kitchens in the barracks because they were Historic buildings. So they built new barracks instead.

lovswr said:
As an aside, there are quite a few Historic places all over the city formerly know as Terminus. Sherman burned the place twice & there are all kinds of pre-Civil War landmarks. When I was still in the service at Ft. McPherson we found out that they could not build kitchens in the barracks because they were Historic buildings. So they built new barracks instead.

No doubt that there are many historic place in Atlanta, its just that sub-divisions are not one of them. :)

Kevinw said:
I am not saying that the HOA for Hamilton Mill can't be beat, But they have the money and the stubburness to make your life miserable if they want to. This is a neighborhood that has residents that Ron White talks about--;)
Well I certainly didn't mean to open up a new thread about my snobby subdivision, but yeah you're right.... By the way, who is Ron White?
I think I'd like to switch to D from Dish for the hd locals. I'm just trying to hear from people in my area who have signed on.

brooks said:
Kevinw said:
Well I certainly didn't mean to open up a new thread about my snobby subdivision, but yeah you're right.... By the way, who is Ron White?
I think I'd like to switch to D from Dish for the hd locals. I'm just trying to hear from people in my area who have signed on.
Sorry , Iwas not trying to knock your neighborhood. Being a close neighbor and a Member of my HOA, I understand your situation. I do know a guy in your neighborhood that uses an attic antenna btw. I to am considering the switch in order to have a back up for my antenna.

http://www.tatersalad.com/index.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.