HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

Congrats to everyone in the Scranton DMA (that fall under the spotbeam)!! There will probably be a lot of people moving back home!

Now if they would only make that spotbeam bigger.... (I am homesick).

For those of us outside the spot beam is there a way to have the SD channel come up when we enter the channel number? It sucks to see them in the guide and not be able to access them.

Well, I was able to get on the Tech Chat show tonight and used the opportunity to ask about the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton DMA not covering all of the area. I asked if there were any plans to expand the size of the spotbeams to include all of the area since most of us outside the beam can't get OTA. They didn't have an answer and asked me to e-mail them with the specifics. I will let you know how they respond. I don't expect much, but it should be somewhat official at least. We'll see...

Just watched the tech chat. Thanks for calling in, you where great! (minus the feedback form the tv/phone)

Have you herd back yet? What did you send them? To what address? I'd like to contact them as well. Thank you.

I wrote a letter to tech support through the website and once again, received no admission that anything is wrong. In fact they wrote back..

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. You should be able to receive HD locals in your area off the 61.5 satellite location. The local HD channels assist of ABC,NBC, FOX, and ABC. Channel numbers should start on 5150 through 5153 and 16 to 56."

Yes I should, but I DON'T. Then they go to tell me to check to see if the channels are locked and try rebooting the receiver. So boys and girls, anyone outside the spot beam is just out of luck and it doesn't seem to me they have any intention of fixing the problem when they can't even admit there is one. How many month has this been going on, and not one honest answer. Just play dumb and no one will notice.

For those of you who have moved, I'd like to know how the Philadelphia or Washington stations are handling the DTV announcements. None of the local stations (other than WVIA) can originate anything in HD, and all of them were cutting down the HD video stream to feed the analog transmitters, so the result was that whenever they did a crawl (for the DTV announcements or anything else) the HD picture got converted to 4:3. Now that they've all shut down analog (other than WNEP), that's not a problem. But Philly and DC have both decided to leave all of their analog transmitters on til June. So are they ruining the HD video with announcements, or are they set up differently?

Anyone have any new information for those of us stuck outside the spotbeam? Still hoping that dish hasn't forgotten about us although it seems like they have.

It would've been nice if it could have been brought up on the retailer chat. Has anyone asked Cedardale if they've contacted Dish about it?

I feel for you guys. That sucks.
Wnep is now broadcasting their News in HD now. Its looks great.
Hope you guys get it soon.
Did you guys get the new "MY Network 53"?
I like it. Not HD but still nice to have.

WQMY is on the same transponder as the other SD channels, so it works fine.

Yes, surprisingly I am getting that channel and comes in fine. Not HD, and I don't know of anything on it that I'd watch, but nice to know we get another channel that aucualy works!

Outside the spot beam

Nope. I don't think they care, but I know we all do! Anyone else?
At the operational level the people do care. I have spoken to tech support, and e-mailed CEO and Dishquality they all respond you should be able to receive them and dispatch a free serice call to correct.

Service gets the call and cancels the work order as they know they can not fix it. At that point they just stop responding to you

If any body know of some where else in Dish to take this issue please let know as I out of idea's

My brother, who live two miles away from here, called Dish about getting installed. Of course they said they offerd the Scranton/ Wilkes Barre HD locals. He knows there is a problem but they tried to bamboozle him saying he would get them. He's having Direct TV installed today.

At the operational level the people do care. I have spoken to tech support, and e-mailed CEO and Dishquality they all respond you should be able to receive them and dispatch a free serice call to correct.

Service gets the call and cancels the work order as they know they can not fix it. At that point they just stop responding to you

If any body know of some where else in Dish to take this issue please let know as I out of idea's

Sounds like me. I've called, emailed, etc - just about everything. They insisted on sending out techs - 3 times. The first one never saw the issue, so I educated him. The second tech canceled before he came because he knew it is an unfixable issue on his end, and the third tech blamed our reciver for being bad and said he woudn't do anything unless we replaced our reciver. (Yeah right) Both times the tech came, they made me sign a paper basic stating "we can't fix the problem, so we are closing the case as "unfixable."

So yeah, looks like we can only do so much, until they just don't want to hear it anymore.

Call up cancelation and tell them this, and they gave me $10 off our bill for 12 months. The call took 12 minutes, and I just saved $120. Not too bad - but i'd still like my HD locals!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)