HD lover where will she be.

I think the D* dealers are fishing for subs. Unfortunately for them the fish in this pond are pretty well educated.

I have been contacted by a DirecTV wholesaler the past days. Each time they call I tell them my number is unlisted and that I am on the Federal Do-Not-Call list..and each time they tell me they are returning my call because I requested information. I never made any such request and they won't disclose their source. Anyway, I wonder if VOOM sold my contact information to DirecTV?

riffjim4069 said:
I have been contacted by a DirecTV wholesaler the past days. Each time they call I tell them my number is unlisted and that I am on the Federal Do-Not-Call list..and each time they tell me they are returning my call because I requested information. I never made any such request and they won't disclose their source. Anyway, I wonder if VOOM sold my contact information to DirecTV?
Riff, Voom very well may have sold your contact info. But that does not mean you solicited "Drek-TV" to contact you. Good for you... I am glad you are ragging them about it.

And to Old Voomer who was only passing along what he heard, thanks for posting. If I will be able to get the Voom21 from anybody, I will be interested! But I am in no rush to subscribe to any service. I will wait and see how this all shakes out. This is going to be the year of HD-DVDs and no doubt other surprises. The last thing I want on my house is a slew of ugly disconnected dishes from a bunch of providers. I already have Voom's white elephant after they go under, and I am sorry I will have that. I will be slow and careful to get a service I can stay with.

riffjim4069 said:

They havent called me.

There is no cable option here. I am of the mind to get a tuner and waiting untill something comparable to vava comes along.

seandudley said:
I am currently waiting to see if anyone I can receive (E*, D* or my local cable company, Charter) picks up the Voom 21 channels. If noone that I can receive picks them up, then I have decided that D* looks like the best bet for me. They have UniversalHD which I like a lot better than TNT-HD which is what I would get from E*. Also, DirecTV has the DirecTivo which I will like a lot more than I would like the Dish 921 or 942. And, D* has the plans in place to launch several HD satellites, which may not benefit me for a while, but at least they will have the capacity for major HD in the next couple of years. The things I don't like about going with D* are that I am a little concerned that I could get caught holding the bag if the new HD channels are only available via MPEG4 (or if they convert the old ones to MPEG4), and the DirecTivo doesn't support MPEG4. Hopefully D* would swap my receiver out with a compatible one, but with such an expensive piece of hardware, I am a bit wary. The other thing is that D* is a bit more expensive then E*, but I think the positives of going with D* outweigh the negatives for me. I'm just waiting until Voom goes off air to see if there is any way for me to keep the Voom 21 before I sign up.

I'll hold out the same way for Voom21 but if nobody picks it up, I'll go for the Canadian way, I think - it's the same (even my wife will get her SciFi shows and L Word etc) but costs half of we pay for US-based provider.

riffjim4069 said:

Report them to the federal service and they'll get fined. Perfect way to get rid of them forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts