HD/SD Channel List?

I know that I've been asked to break this down, but I will take some time because their is no service resolution data displayed. While several of the channels are obvious, others have me observing closely and scratching my noggin...

Probably need to look at the muxes with EBSpro or other TS tools unless ORBY TV responds.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I know that I've been asked to break this down, but I will take some time because their is no service resolution data displayed. While several of the channels are obvious, others have me observing closely and scratching my noggin...

Probably need to look at the muxes with EBSpro or other TS tools unless ORBY TV responds.

Do their boxes not output the channels in native resolution? Seems like a simple channel flip and info button push on the TV would spill the beans on each channel's resolution. Unless the receiver outputs everything at 720p/1080i even if it is SD?

Do their boxes not output the channels in native resolution? Seems like a simple channel flip and info button push on the TV would spill the beans on each channel's resolution. Unless the receiver outputs everything at 720p/1080i even if it is SD?

In the AV menu the user may select the output resolution. No native selection available... Not the first bronco, not the first rodeo... LOL!

20190124_125204[1].jpg

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Still not answer...

I have been talking with someone about this and they feel that it is quite possible that NONE of the channels are in real HD.

Looks like they are offering a Good Picture at a cheap price. And that's what their entire purpose is.

So the question is do they provide a good enough picture quality to make it worth it. The answers I have seen so far seem to indicate yes.

Still not answer...

I have been talking with someone about this and they feel that it is quite possible that NONE of the channels are in real HD.

Looks like they are offering a Good Picture at a cheap price. And that's what their entire purpose is.

So the question is do they provide a good enough picture quality to make it worth it. The answers I have seen so far seem to indicate yes.

It sounds like they're 480p, DVD qualityish.

They started off by having someone responding to their social media page, then poof they were gone.

I understand they only have 7 employees, but still you never get another chance to make a first impression.

Makes me wonder how long they'll be around. Too bad that they started off good, and then just seem to have left. Good customer service would have been a 'feather in their cap' to get things started. Would make me leery about spending the funds on a $100 receiver, that someone like me or most of us here could install ourselves. Can you imagine 'Joe Sixpack' going into BestBuy, forking out $100-200 depending on whether or not they get the DVR, then calling MasTec, shelling out another $150, and then have a fly-by-night service that lasts 6 months. Hope that I am wrong, just going off of first impressions. Good luck to the ones that have it, glad you enjoy it and hope it continues for you.

Still not answer...

If the service lasts, maybe in the future they'll begin offering actual HD channels and have HD only packages that are cheaper than the competition. I know it is geared as a low cost, no frills service, but you would think in 2019 that the baseline would be at least 'HD Lite.' If this were 2009, I might could understand.

Reactions: raydio
Once the PQ question is answered, the next logical step would be to dig into the AQ. That's something that any self-respecting AVR should report in its display. In addition to that, whether the OTA stuff comes through in full audio glory (or converted to stereo) would be good to know for completeness. I was recently disappointed to find that an OTA tuner that I thought I wanted (Hauppauge QuadHD) only offered stereo sound.

I am sure that is what the box supports. And it also offers the most compatibility with today’s tv’s

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

There’s OTA too, I forgot about that. I know it’s 1080i or 720p, but it is actual HD, I didn’t think about the OTA tuner.
Maybe they’re considering adding HD in the future depending on how the service goes.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

If they offered enough channels with a real good SD signal for the right price upfront and monthly then there would be something more compelling.

Perhaps HD and SD is so compressed on Dish and Directv and cable that a good SD signal wouldn’t be much worse.

Would be interesting if they offered a box that let you view the programming through the internet or satellite to get the programming.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

(Move this if there's somewhere more fitting) ..Been reading all the posts on this, seeing the FB ads, and following the discussions here. I have to say, any new service that is credible seems to generate excitement as some folks here have noted, and I agree. I also note that we have a slight parallel to the older subscription service that required the GI box on C-band and had what some referred to as "limited" selections. (what was that box....the DSR 410?) Orby in order to survive against the "biggies" will, indeed, take support of consumers receiving a GOOD experience in everything from professionally done installs to stable, quality service. I hope they can. While I don't need the service and have not subscribed to anything except Netflix and Amazon Prime, given an existing FTA setup, I may do it (self install like many of you) for a while just to support them. I also agree with some of what I've seen here on Satguys...a properly processed SD picture is acceptable to me. I've gone so long without subscription channels that this service would be a treat to have! Let's just hope that this seemingly independent company can not only survive, but thrive...and not be bought out only to be changed or bought and shut down by a "biggie." To do that, they'll need LOTS of consumer support. Big companies have hated competition in almost every industry going WAY back. Sure is true in radio...and...remember the movie "Tucker?"...just a couple examples. But I digress.

Reactions: danristheman
I think a mistake was adding Viacom they should have passed on Viacom and added fox networks suite so they could have Fox News. If they had Fox News it would give them a much much better chance to hit there sub numbers. They may have tried and hit a road block with Fox over fox owned local stations. I Tribune makes small cable co’s carry all there line up if you want a deal to retrans there locally owned station. Total BS the FCC really needs to do something about that :)

Reactions: bobvick
Fox has it's own business model, like it or hate it. Where "radio" is concerned, we were an early adopter of the service! Sounded great, good announcers, decent reputation. So, we had the service on WION a year, and renewal came up! I said, "sure!" They responded with, "well, add more barter commercials outside of the newscast and give us $3600 a year in cash!" I guess you know where we told them to take their newscasts. EGO got to them too quickly for radio. Might play into other carry rights as well.

I think a mistake was adding Viacom they should have passed on Viacom and added fox networks suite so they could have Fox News. If they had Fox News it would give them a much much better chance to hit there sub numbers. They may have tried and hit a road block with Fox over fox owned local stations. I Tribune makes small cable co’s carry all there line up if you want a deal to retrans there locally owned station. Total BS the FCC really needs to do something about that :)

I agree. I think no Fox News will hurt. Should have covered the bases from both sides, offer CNN and Fox News both. That way you can cater to most people’s tastes. If the consumer doesn’t like one they can watch the other. I know if I were Interested in the service no Fox would make it a non starter for me anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts