Heat knocking out LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chum1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
pa
Since our hot spell started my picture has been knocked out during the day from 97W to 125W. When the sun goes down and it cools off it works. I tried wrapping a cold rag around the LNB but nothing. The PBS channels are my favorites. Do I need another LNB?

Another quick question.....is ION still ITC? If it is I would like to get it. Any suggestions on a good linear/circular LNB?

Thanks! :)

Ion is no longer free on KU Band....It was on Dish but they scrambled it a while ago

Its still free on C-Band

Your lnbf may be going bad, going out during the heat of the day could be a sign of weak components. It was 94-97 for 3 straight weeks here, almost all of June, and none of my lnbs had problems , though I was certainly expecting it! Swap it out, and keep on trucking.

Since our hot spell started my picture has been knocked out during the day from 97W to 125W. When the sun goes down and it cools off it works. I tried wrapping a cold rag around the LNB but nothing. The PBS channels are my favorites. Do I need another LNB?

Another quick question.....is ION still ITC? If it is I would like to get it. Any suggestions on a good linear/circular LNB?

Thanks! :)

Either the LNBF is going bad or the excessive heat is raising the noise floor in Kelvin and your loosing lock due to alignment issues. See if you can put an ice pack around the lnbf while this begins to happen and see if it comes back. Also does your quality start dropping with the heating?

I have had both LNBs inside of feed-horn covers, and LNBFs inside covers and not covered on my black tar roof for the past 5 years where the temperature hits 140 degrees F up there, and have never had a problem with heat affecting LNB performance.

I would say that if it is heat related, it is due to some existing other problem with the LNB, and the heat is magnifying that problem.

You can also try increasing or decreasing the frequency of the transponders in your satellite/antenna settings menu +/- 1, 2, or even 3MHz. It may be the tuner that is the problem and not the LNBF if the ice pack does not make any difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts