Help with locals in HD in Texas

The Dish tech guy came out today and did his thing in about one hour. He used my old dish and replaced the LNBs with a dual system. He had too much difficulty going through trees. I was a little afraid of that as my dish was attached to the antenna tower. I told him to go ahead and attach the dish to the roof wherever he could find the best LOS. He told me that up until a year ago there was no choice but to install the stuff as it was done. It was only then that Tyler locals were available on Dish as HD. I now get my Tyler locals in HD so all is well. Thanks to everyone that helped me understand all this.

Yep, happy ending - and the tech guy was really friendly as well as knowledgeable. I gave him twenty bucks and said have lunch and a beer on me! He went out of his way to sit down with me and explain the whole deal because I told him I was upset with the fact that Dish gave me the wrong equipment for my area. After the explanation it all made sense. I usually fight with Dish and even threaten to sue them now and then but this time it was a piece of cake with all the frosting. The techie got all tens on the follow-up phone survey!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)