HITS upgrading to dvb s2 technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.
People abandoned the big dish for the cheap little dish that has no moving parts and every room in the house can view a different channel ....AKA the cable on a pole model.

I'm sure they also found it not worth the prices NPS, SRL and SKyvision started charging too!!! Cable on a stick became the better value!! Serious!!!!!

I'm sure they also found it not worth the prices NPS, SRL and SKyvision started charging too!!! Cable on a stick became the better value!! Serious!!!!!

I will take alacarte anyday. There is no value in paying for what you dont want, or can receive for free.

There's also the fact that none of these C band services offer HD channels which here in the year 2013 is absolutely ridiculous.

That fact alone makes NPS worthless.

There's also the fact that none of these C band services offer HD channels which here in the year 2013 is absolutely ridiculous.
Which is why I don't see programmers selling to us again using Glens magic box. They don't want to sell to us.

Why would someone go thru so much trouble to make up a whole website on a receiver that doesn't exist. If its not true what makes him wanna waste time doing it?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Why would someone go thru so much trouble to make up a whole website on a receiver that doesn't exist. If its not true what makes him wanna waste time doing it?

You haven't been following the entire Glen saga have you? ;)

You got some catching up to do. :)

here is what you meant..much better pricing

Attachments

• nps alacarte 1.jpg
    nps alacarte 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 167
  • nps alacarte 2.jpg
    nps alacarte 2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 190
They won't sell to us simply because they do not see us a worthwhile. It is like asking a union plumber to go do free work for the neighbors when he can make 60.00 per hour on his time. Even if we had powervu receivers, they wouldn't spend a penny on account management or authorizations.

When Motorola stopped supporting maps we all knew the writing was on the wall. I put two working DSR-905's in the trash with remotes. There is rarely anything fta on dc2 anymore.

Have you checked lately?

There are a couple of things but the major ones are very short lived. I remember when subscription channels got pulled from our vc-2 analog receivers.

Sign of the times. I felt like with a good FTA blind scan receiver, OTA antenna, and 8.00 month ROKU Netflix account was enough.

It is a shame that this is happening, but without major support, c band subscription cannot live. I doubt seriously that guy who says "c band forever" is going to get anywhere with programmers and their lawyers.

If I ever even considered small dish tv it would be some prepaid type. I am not signing any contracts with all their fine print and trapping methods.

I don't do cell phone contracts. I buy my smartphones from eBay outright and get month to month service.

I've had Dish Network since 2006, and I've never signed a contract yet. I simply bought the receiver I wanted from Ebay, and installed my own dishes and wiring, hooked it all up and called them to authorize it.

I can drop service at any time, and get it re-authorized at any time. You don't get any special savings for a period of time doing this, but it can work for a certain subset of people if you are dead-set against having a contract.

exactly. I did the same thing. Bought a 211k (HD receiver) off EBay (brand new)
set up a Dish 500 for 110/119 and my old 36" dish for 129
subscribed to a HD only package for 6 months or so
then had to cancel as I still had a Directv contract and they offered me a great deal on the (now called) Genie (the 5 tuner monster)

cancelled the account and sold the 211k to Dee_Ann.

investment on equipment...maybe $50 (needed a different switch and the shipping on the receiver)...oh and a one time $40 fee to make it a DVR. Already had the drive
investment on programming....6 months worth of a package that got no discounts anyways

once you cancel the account you can to a point. (a few days or so)
You can't hook the drive up to the computer and play it as Dish uses their own proprietary setup (and its scrambled)

Its tied to the account so I couldnt get another 211k and hook up the drive and play them.

Is there anything I need to beware of buying used receivers? Dishnet receivers? Bad accounts?

So a dish 500 110 / 119 will get me HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)